Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5925 5926 [5927] 5928 5929 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794866 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88890 on: September 19, 2012, 04:05:08 pm »

What soda would go best with fish? This interests me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88891 on: September 19, 2012, 04:06:13 pm »

The lemon/lime flavored sodas would probably be best.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88892 on: September 19, 2012, 04:08:05 pm »

I concur. The few fishes that I have eaten, have always been with lemon juice squeezed all over them, an this way the soda shouldn't ruin the flavour inside your mouth.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88893 on: September 19, 2012, 04:09:58 pm »

Indeed. Fish is a delicate meat, cooked delicately, and it should be served with a delicately flavored soda. I think Dr. Pepper would not go well with salmon fillets.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88894 on: September 19, 2012, 04:10:42 pm »

The basic science behind the green house effect is absolutely rock solid. So is the fact that we are dumping crap tons of formerly sequestered greenhouse gasses into the air. So are the measurements of actual greenhouse gas content in the atmosphere. So are the measurements of the dramatic destruction of northern ice fields.

Warming is happening. And we are doing stuff that contributes to warming.

Correlation does not imply causation. Don't interpret this as me having a stand on global warming. I certainly don't have enough information to make an informed decision.
Gas models have showed that greenhouse gasses can increase temperature. We have a planet demonstrating the same principle and this theory is the only way to explain the phenomena. We 're talking about a discrepancy that is larger than anything we have seen in a million years (rough number,wild guess of mine) in such a short time. Solar output has dropped during that time, so that can't be causing it. Meanwhile smoke/sulphur particles in the athmosphere are also reflecting solar radiation.

I haven't seen one anti Global warming that was either unreliable or downright false.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88895 on: September 19, 2012, 04:12:16 pm »

Absolutely no scientist who isn't getting paid to say it denies global warming. I'm unsure if there's still much debate whether we're causing it or not, but there was some years ago.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88896 on: September 19, 2012, 04:13:20 pm »

Absolutely no scientist who isn't getting paid to say it denies global warming. I'm unsure if there's still much debate whether we're causing it or not, but there was some years ago.

There are people who vehemently deny global warning because... Uh... Fuck agreeing on things!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88897 on: September 19, 2012, 04:13:54 pm »

Doesn't even matter if we are causing it.  Even if it was natural it is still bad news and we should look to fix it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:16:42 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #88898 on: September 19, 2012, 04:20:54 pm »

Monster Hunter 4 will have a weapon that comes with attack beetles and traveling between multiple towns in a caravan! I am rather over excited over the beetle thing because I recognize it as being from unused concept art.
It's FEF, not FEOF

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #88899 on: September 19, 2012, 04:32:15 pm »

Oh, that reminds me. I'm super pumped MH3G is getting ported over here, but unfortunately that means we're going to have to wait way longer for MH4.

But... MONSTER HUNTER 3GGGGGGG

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #88900 on: September 19, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »

YES I CANT WAIT FOR THE WIIU VERSION TO COME OUT IN MARCH
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88901 on: September 19, 2012, 05:05:29 pm »

A professor of mine, several weeks ago: "Don't do [this], you won't be able to fit it all into your paper and you'll probably screw it up."

In my particular case, [this] was making an argument for Anaximenes being a theist and not being a scientist at the same time.

I then write my paper in 30 minutes the morning it is due, doing [this] and still coming in short of the maximum length.

Papers were handed back today; professor is gushing about how it was the best batch of papers he's ever seen, etc. Not sure if he's full of shit (or to put it more kindly, too easy with praise), or if his prior students were just that thick. Given some of the people I've talked to here, either is possible. Anyhow, solid A on it, after doing exactly what he told us not to do, and the guy had the decency to not spike the grade into the floor just for intentionally ignoring him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, another of my professors outright said this, word for word: "Tenured professors are trolls."

I love that man.

I'm surprised how much happy I got from uni today, honestly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #88902 on: September 19, 2012, 05:15:19 pm »

i just had the best idea for how to pay for road construction.

Just build the roads with no safety signs or systems, no speed limits or traffic cops, and sell pay-per-view shows of the traffic cameras over intersections.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88903 on: September 19, 2012, 05:19:05 pm »

I'm watching a particular climactic scene from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I won't spoil it for those who somehow, miraculously haven't seen it, but let's just say its Optimus Prime versus Megatron, Starscream and that other Decepticon.

And Optimus is winning.

Awesome scene is awesome. In particular, I like that he is fighting in a manner that makes sense in reality. He's using their attacks and movements against each other, which is what you're supposed to do when fighting multiple opponents.

Also: "I'll take you ALL ON."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88904 on: September 19, 2012, 05:23:30 pm »

Wait, you like the live action transformers movies?

* kaijyuu doesn't know what to think about that. :P
Pages: 1 ... 5925 5926 [5927] 5928 5929 ... 13325