Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5874 5875 [5876] 5877 5878 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795911 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88125 on: September 13, 2012, 08:58:48 am »

So one of my best friends apparently trusts me enough that I'm the third person he's come out to so far. I'm proud and happy all at once.
くコ:彡

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88126 on: September 13, 2012, 09:32:28 am »

You know that feeling when you look out the window and it's cloudy but it isn't raining, so you don' take an umbrella because it's a two minute walk you need to take, then you walk down six stories and suddenly it's a freaking storm but you don't go back because it would take longer than the trip itself, and so you get wet.

Well that happened, and it was quite nice in a wierd way :3
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88127 on: September 13, 2012, 09:44:36 am »

I LOVE pouring rain =D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88128 on: September 13, 2012, 11:59:54 am »

I LOVE pouring rain =D
Especially when you have to walk over a major river :D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88129 on: September 13, 2012, 12:09:33 pm »

Pouring rain is just awesome. I dont see why people could dislike rain. Ofc, it would be boring if it rained all year round, i want some sunshine for barbecues and such too, but that doesnt decrease its awesomeness.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88130 on: September 13, 2012, 12:13:39 pm »

Pouring rain is just awesome. I dont see why people could dislike rain. Ofc, it would be boring if it rained all year round, i want some sunshine for barbecues and such too, but that doesnt decrease its awesomeness.
I'd be more worried about drainage if it rained all year. Because you can still have barbecues in the rain with a lil' bit of shelter :P

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #88131 on: September 13, 2012, 12:15:17 pm »

Yeah, Quay lane floods horribly if it rains for more than a day stragiht here :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88132 on: September 13, 2012, 12:17:44 pm »

Barbecues in the rain are even more awesome, because you have to build little impromptu buildings or whatever in order to keep them from soaking. Grilled food and yurts. Or whatever.

I think one of the few ways you can't cook in rainy weather is that sun-warmed rock oven thingy. Though you could probably toss a mess of rocks into a bonfire for a while and then use those...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88133 on: September 13, 2012, 12:20:38 pm »

Fun fact: Water is magnetic. Therefore, all living beings, including frogs are magnetic too.

The quality of the video isn't exactly great though.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #88134 on: September 13, 2012, 12:37:07 pm »

Fun fact: Water is magnetic. Therefore, all living beings, including frogs are magnetic too.

Fun fact: for this research, the researcher actually won an ignobel prize. Years later he went and got a real one, being the only person ever to have both.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88135 on: September 13, 2012, 01:59:55 pm »

...New Cyriak video?!! It's not creepy?

That's unsettling...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88136 on: September 13, 2012, 02:34:37 pm »

I just finished a program that accurately simulates my student loan payments and allows me to fiddle with how much I might pay at a given time and figure out the long-term impact. For instance, paying $200 extra today would save me $145.15 over the approximately 10 year course of the loan. Paying an extra $50 each month would save me $1538.92, and have the loan paid off about 2 years early (more accurately, 549 days). Moreso than ever before, the impact of lots of small improvements has been driven into my perception.

Next step: Bodily rip off Nadaka's idea and figure out when would be a good time to start funneling my extra cash into investments, bonds, etc instead. Though at the current rate, I'm not worried about that happening anytime for the next several years, so I'll be putting off that particular part till later.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88137 on: September 13, 2012, 02:45:00 pm »

This anything to do with the fact that it is a polar molecule? Its a lot of fun to bend a water stream with an electrostatic field (say for example, around a Van der Graaff) to impress new students....
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88138 on: September 13, 2012, 03:08:04 pm »

This anything to do with the fact that it is a polar molecule? Its a lot of fun to bend a water stream with an electrostatic field (say for example, around a Van der Graaff) to impress new students....
Yup. A non polar molecule wouldn't react to the magnetic field. It's a pretty strong magnet they got there. (It also work on frozen strawberries).

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88139 on: September 13, 2012, 03:11:46 pm »

I have some seriously hefty magnets in work. Tomorrow I will play with magnetic frozen foods.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 5874 5875 [5876] 5877 5878 ... 13325