Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5841 5842 [5843] 5844 5845 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15748534 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87630 on: September 09, 2012, 10:10:45 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

I don't understand how people could keep fighting after this.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87631 on: September 09, 2012, 12:31:07 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

I don't understand how people could keep fighting after this.
The power of authority. If I recall correctly, both sides' higher ups didn't appreciate the event, and how it impacted their part of the war. As I would imagine it, the troops, reluctantly, would have likely told the opposing side not to take getting shot/killed personally, but unfortunately, they were following orders (and were willing to disobey, had they the power to). Quite an impact on morale when you actually find nothing wrong with your enemy, after hanging out with them on equal terms, and you're forced to kill them via by-order.

Having read that event a few times, why do we still go to war with each other, when we have so much in common as people? I mean, it seems like war is pointless; and only the very few actually profit from it.

...Now if you don't mind, I'm going to wear a crown of flowers on my head and dance in an open field in the buff while tripping hard. See avatar for an example of the experience.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:40:14 pm by Itnetlolor »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #87632 on: September 09, 2012, 01:22:24 pm »

Finally finished my mock game covers for school! :)  Next step is to poll my friends about which ones they want.  SO... everyone head over to the Creative Projects thread and vote on which cover you like better.  Not kidding.  There's a poll in the Creative Projects thread that needs attention.  Trust me, the pictures are pretty, although not quite industry standard yet.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87633 on: September 09, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »

I dunno, what's in it for me?

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87634 on: September 09, 2012, 02:13:40 pm »

I dunno, what's in it for me?
A vague warm & fuzzy feeling one would imagine.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #87635 on: September 09, 2012, 02:16:51 pm »

Was given a Planetside 2 beta key. :D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87636 on: September 09, 2012, 03:19:03 pm »

Since we don't have a permit to blow up demolish the garage, bro and I got to work on the jungle of a backyard. We have a quarter or so of it down. I have to re-sharpen the machetes. (No, seriously.)

Spoiler: Phone pic of backyard (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87637 on: September 09, 2012, 03:19:58 pm »

Yikes. Tell us if you discover the lost city of El Dorado back there.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87638 on: September 09, 2012, 03:20:24 pm »

There's a picnic table in that picture for scale, by the way.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87639 on: September 09, 2012, 03:25:05 pm »

I think you found Ferngully.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87640 on: September 09, 2012, 03:34:14 pm »

Oh cod look out for Hexxus if so. Though he might be fun to chum around with.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87641 on: September 09, 2012, 03:42:01 pm »

Oh cod look out for Hexxus.
Is it bad that this was also my first thought?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87642 on: September 09, 2012, 04:07:51 pm »

Hardly :D

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87644 on: September 09, 2012, 04:53:04 pm »

This is just too funny.
If they didn't explain the Skyrim reference, I wouldn't have gotten it at all  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5841 5842 [5843] 5844 5845 ... 13325