Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15872883 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #8715 on: May 01, 2010, 11:02:36 pm »

Spoiler: Dude, I'm G-Modding. (click to show/hide)
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: May 01, 2010, 11:26:28 pm »

Aw man, I completely forgot it was game night.  I've been fucking around with imaginary Legos for hours while you guys have been having all the fun.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: May 01, 2010, 11:33:50 pm »

Aw man, I completely forgot it was game night.  I've been fucking around with imaginary Legos for hours while you guys have been having all the fun.

This has made my day.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: May 02, 2010, 12:37:09 am »

You didn't miss much, my computer went senile on me, and couldn't reconise what ipconfig means, stopping me from opening ports up... Duke tried, but I kept failing to connect, so I asked Janet to do that...

Which means it will have to be next week, while I figure out the kinks that might pop up from GMing a game that you don't host.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #8719 on: May 02, 2010, 12:37:15 am »

This has made my day.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: May 02, 2010, 12:44:09 am »

Which means it will have to be next week, while I figure out the kinks that might pop up from GMing a game that you don't host.

Next weekend being Mother's Day, I wonder how many people will be available.  I don't know if I will be.

As if all that imaginary playing with Legos wasn't bad enough, I forgot that I was supposed to take an online quiz before midnight.  Technically.  The due date was actually set for April 31st.  Yeah.  I'm actually happy about this, because it appears that the course's coordinators were having so many issues themselves that they just wiped the duedates from the system.  The grade tracker doesn't list any dates, and my mid-semester said I had a C, despite doing an exam a week late.  So I might just pass anyway.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: May 02, 2010, 12:59:23 am »

Friday, not saturday. Besides which, there is going to be a party at my house on Saturday.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: May 02, 2010, 01:31:01 am »

Figures that the only novels I've read are my incomplete X-Wing series and a couple books from an old English course.

It might be kind of cool to start a B12 kultured book club of some sort, or at the very least a group where we try to read/recommend books with kultural leanings.  Maybe read something, write a summary/recommendation, and so on.

Found an aikido dojo so I can do martial arts 6 days a week (mostly extremely low-impact >_>) if I feel like it.  Also found a Zen center/monastery and got data on the local Buddhist temple.  Researched wushu halls near my university and found what looks like an extremely good one.  Found the cloth for my apron, so I can start my sewing project up pretty soon and, from there, go learn how to cook a bunch of scrumptious foodstuffs.  Discovered that I finally feel like reading the huge amount of manga and French novels I've amassed in my room.  It's always good to use what you've bought.

I'm also cleaning a bunch of stuff out of my room that no longer fits with who I am.  It's nice to change my life and embrace all the changes I've made of late.  I'm glad I can take down all the motivational posters I made in high school, since I'm not lacking in motivation anymore.  I've also managed to become less dependent on all of my friends, and am getting along quite a bit better with my parents.

I seem to have finally cheered up and gotten over Rosewood, though I do have the occasional desire to go beat the shit out of him.  Though I'm still an angry person, I think that anger is slowly fading.  It's just that people who treat me that badly tend to get rather a lot of wrath aimed at them.

Somehow, it feels as though something very large and very painful is behind me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: May 02, 2010, 01:40:04 am »

Precisely because it is, and congratulations for it.

I'm going to put together a book list.  All of the books that I own, and which of them I've read.  It'll be very depressing, but it will give me a quantifiable goal, and I'll actually do all the reading that I've been telling myself to do for so long.  I urge others to do the same; knowledge is power, power corrupts, and corruption is fun.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: May 02, 2010, 02:04:04 am »

Precisely because it is, and congratulations for it.

Thanks, man.  I appreciate all the help you've given me--you and everyone else.

I'm going to put together a book list.  All of the books that I own, and which of them I've read.  It'll be very depressing, but it will give me a quantifiable goal, and I'll actually do all the reading that I've been telling myself to do for so long.  I urge others to do the same; knowledge is power, power corrupts, and corruption is fun.

Rather than compiling a written list, you might prefer to just physically organize your books in a sensible fashion and move on from there.  In my experience, written lists tend to be too daunting and move one towards completion-oriented reading, rather than learning and enjoyment.

Personally, I'd set a couple of shelves aside for stuff you've read, and then sort by subject (and, within those groupings, in the order you think you should read the works).  From there, it's a lot easier to figure out what you need to do without getting overwhelmed.  I'm about to set off and do something along those lines, myself, since my shelves have gotten astoundingly messy over the past few years.

Haha, I'm so excited ~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: May 02, 2010, 02:35:11 am »

Borrowed Fable 2 from a friend.
This game is completely insane.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: May 02, 2010, 02:36:02 am »

Borrowed Fable 2 from a friend.
This game is completely insane.
Yeah, I get tired of hookers chasing me around in Bloodstone.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: May 02, 2010, 02:40:14 am »

BLACK AND PURPLE.

I WAS RIGHT.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: May 02, 2010, 05:47:06 am »

Personally, I'd set a couple of shelves aside for stuff you've read, and then sort by subject (and, within those groupings, in the order you think you should read the works).  From there, it's a lot easier to figure out what you need to do without getting overwhelmed.  I'm about to set off and do something along those lines, myself, since my shelves have gotten astoundingly messy over the past few years.

My books are already spread everywhere but in order, and overwhelmed is how I live every day of my life.  So screw it, I compiled a list.

That's certainly not all the books I've read, just the ones I own.  But it's pretty close to all that I've read, and certainly all that I've read in the past six or seven years.  Pretty thin list really.  But it's actually easier for me to look at all compiled together instead of spread over all my furniture.  Funnily enough, I remember starting a thread specifically for talking about reading, some time ago.  No need to bump or create any threads though, at least by me.

No wonder I'm so depressed about reading though, look at that list.  Twenty seven books about religion, politics, or war, many of them now rendered years out of date.  I need some new hobbies.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: May 02, 2010, 05:57:05 am »

Read. Night Watch.

The thought of it just gathering dust offends me, sah, offends me!
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 13326