Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5764 5765 [5766] 5767 5768 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745710 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86475 on: August 27, 2012, 07:06:24 am »

Bloody hell, just read Little Brother.

That book is good.
Tried For The Win yet? If anything it's more subversive.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86476 on: August 27, 2012, 07:08:58 am »

That book is good.

Which one?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86477 on: August 27, 2012, 07:43:53 am »

I recently watched a robotic chicken sketch that was funny without being 'WTF are these people on?' kind of funny.

It made a rather valid point about how having highly acidic blood could effect a species ability to form a functioning, complex civilization. Or at least I think so. I was too busy laughing at a xenomorph falling through holes in the floor melted by its own blood.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86478 on: August 27, 2012, 08:16:39 am »

That book is good.

If it's the one I think it is then hell yeah.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86479 on: August 27, 2012, 08:16:45 am »

College is fucking awesome.

I type this as I'm drunk.

This reminded me of you. Although, I think you're a boy.
For some reason, that made me think of Vector. Although in her case, she'd just look at the Calculus missile and it would self-destruct.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86480 on: August 27, 2012, 08:19:18 am »

I just found something that made me decide what to pick up next time I take a trip to a comic shop:

Science Fiction Double Feature

An unofficial supplement for Call of Cthulu. To quote the page:
In case it wasn't obvious, Science Fiction Double Feature is not intended to be dark or serious. It turns the game into cheesy 50's B-Movie hilarity.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86481 on: August 27, 2012, 08:35:59 am »

... Saving lives has never been more adorable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86482 on: August 27, 2012, 08:36:56 am »

best defibrillator EVER!
Not unless Pikachu hates you. I mean, just imagine if James had a heart attack and that cold smiling face just stared at everyone with apathetic intent...

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86484 on: August 27, 2012, 12:41:14 pm »

Found a professional quality web series based on transhumanism. It's even called H+. Not sure if its any good or not just yet, but it even existing was a nice find.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86485 on: August 27, 2012, 12:45:11 pm »

Isn't... that just a proton?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #86486 on: August 27, 2012, 12:52:42 pm »

Found a professional quality web series based on transhumanism. It's even called H+. Not sure if its any good or not just yet, but it even existing was a nice find.
Hmm, the video or the magazine?

I like transhumanism, but transhumanists on the internet are usually "trans" because they suck at being "normal" humans (read: batshit crazy).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86487 on: August 27, 2012, 12:55:20 pm »

Wait. Lemme ask you a question here. Would you consider me 'batshit crazy' for admitting that I'd much rather have my consciousness in a Von Neumann probe type deal instead of an even remotely humanoid body?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86488 on: August 27, 2012, 12:56:41 pm »

Hmm, the video or the magazine?
This right here. It won't win any awards, but its a rare subject matter.
I like transhumanism, but transhumanists on the internet are usually "trans" because they suck at being "normal" humans (read: batshit crazy).
Oh trust me, I don't like anything from the crazy transhumanists. They ruin the whole thing for everyone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86489 on: August 27, 2012, 01:16:25 pm »

This right here. It won't win any awards, but its a rare subject matter.

Thanks for the link, I'll watch those when I'm off of work.

Wait. Lemme ask you a question here. Would you consider me 'batshit crazy' for admitting that I'd much rather have my consciousness in a Von Neumann probe type deal instead of an even remotely humanoid body?

I'm a batshit crazy transhumanist too, but I don't particularly want to explore the universe in a probe.  I'd rather hang around earth in a satellite playing video games with the other loser probes.  :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:21:40 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 5764 5765 [5766] 5767 5768 ... 13325