Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5706 5707 [5708] 5709 5710 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15813050 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85605 on: August 14, 2012, 02:40:36 pm »

Welp, it finally happened. Someone mistook my book, H.P. Lovecraft The Complete Fiction, for a bible.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85606 on: August 14, 2012, 02:46:28 pm »

Welp, it finally happened. Someone mistook my book, H.P. Lovecraft The Complete Fiction, for a bible.

Read to them from the holy tome.

Ia Ia Cthulhu ftagn
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #85607 on: August 14, 2012, 02:50:34 pm »

I just bought another book.

OK, to put this into context:

My family have a lot of books. My nuclear family, that is.

Then I came along. I'm extremely bookish. I've spent most of the past two years acquiring a library of 600 books.

(My parents have about double that. Apparently I have more books than my dad did when my parents got married, which is scary, as we're firmly middle-class, I have never had an official job, and I'm only 17. But then again, I rarely spend money on anything else.)

Now I'm in Finland, where I have an American debit card with $550 on it. It's strictly for emergencies, as using it here I'll have to pay through the nose. I just used it to order myself (well, a friend who's keeping it) a book from Amazon...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85608 on: August 14, 2012, 02:52:15 pm »

Books are good. Although the last time I was in a bookstore alone, I ended up spending over a hundred dollars on books.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #85609 on: August 14, 2012, 02:58:41 pm »

E-Readers are nice for this reason. Holds lots of books, you can buy them from the website and download them as long as you have a computer with the Internet, and it's a little bit more transportable than most paperbacks. Also, most of the classics are free, and you can find a lot of good free/cheap books out there besides.

That generator thing led me to a Good Idea Generator.

"Find true love by leaping across rooftops." - What is this, Assassin's Creed?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85610 on: August 14, 2012, 03:02:20 pm »

"Save the kingdom and end the rebellion by jumping on a table and wearing impressively shiny armor." - YES. That is the best idea ever.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85611 on: August 14, 2012, 03:02:35 pm »

Cladun X2 was just released on Steam. What is going on!?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85612 on: August 14, 2012, 03:21:13 pm »

As in, the sequel to a PSP game? That Cladun?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85613 on: August 14, 2012, 03:23:14 pm »

As in, the sequel to a PSP game? That Cladun?

Yes. That one.

NIS America now has a developer entry on Steam. This can only be good.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85614 on: August 14, 2012, 03:24:38 pm »

Probably bad for your time, but otherwise good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85615 on: August 14, 2012, 03:29:54 pm »

Another one of these? I'll bite.

Pay for room at the inn by being really really earnest and poisoning the wine.
Pay for room at the inn by throwing fireballs.

I'm sensing a pattern here.

Overthrow the evil overlord by wearing a funny hat.

Sounds plausible.

Breach the castle walls and get rich quick by poisoning the wine with the help of the supposedly reformed thief.

Sounds very plausible.

Impress the king and rescue the princess by making outlandish statements and blowing things up.

I assume the impressing comes from not looking at the explosions.

Avoid paying taxes by setting things on fire and jumping on a table.

Oh, how I've wished...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85616 on: August 14, 2012, 03:42:15 pm »

Slay the obnoxiously smug vampire by eavesdropping and punching that guy over there.
Does it still count if that guy is the vampire in question?

End the zombie plague and defend the camp by leaping over the wall while yelling a war cry and drinking heavily.
Why do I have a feeling that dwarf came up with this plan?

Save the family homestead by juggling and swashbuckling with the help of the mysterious stranger.
Swashbuckling + Juggling = Impromptu trip to the ER. Or something really cool.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85617 on: August 14, 2012, 03:43:13 pm »

Cheat death by being fired from the catapult with the help of a supposedly trustworthy mage.

There is not one thing in there that is a good idea.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85618 on: August 14, 2012, 03:45:50 pm »

Impress the king and rescue the princess by making outlandish statements and blowing things up.

Mythbusters: the RPG.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85619 on: August 14, 2012, 04:17:22 pm »

Mythbusters: the RPG.

Now I kinda want to see this happen.

Storm the castle by jumping on a table.

It's only a model.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:19:08 pm by armeggedonCounselor »
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.
Pages: 1 ... 5706 5707 [5708] 5709 5710 ... 13326