Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5700 5701 [5702] 5703 5704 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15812685 times)

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85515 on: August 13, 2012, 12:07:37 am »

There's a reason the entertainment industry is losing its money and viewership to the Internet, and it isn't piracy.
People keep saying that, but they don't seem to be getting the point.
There's more'n one. Convenience, quality, and price all tend to be superior.
We say that, and they think we mean we want it less convenient, lower quality, and higher price.

I kinda hope the Mythbusters decide to shove off from Discovery and set themselves adrift in the vast stormy seas of the internet. Because I'm growing weary of the Discovery Network. Science Channel occasionally has something worth watching that isn't Mythbusters or one of the three other shows Discovery has inspired by Mythbusters, but that's about it.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85516 on: August 13, 2012, 12:10:13 am »

First day of school tomorrow. Feeling a mixture of excitement, nervousness, happiness, and nausea. Y'know, typical night-before-going-back-to-school jitters :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85517 on: August 13, 2012, 12:16:24 am »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85518 on: August 13, 2012, 12:18:31 am »

... Or we will chop the nuisence causing part off.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85519 on: August 13, 2012, 01:14:46 am »

Anyway, back on topic; my Dad and I went out this afternoon to some old glacial mineral deposits in a big, wild area near his house. There, I got a crash course in metal ore prospecting, and the unique glacially-sculpted geology of Michigan. We nerded out about such topics as how plants growing in different areas can indicate information about the history of a region, and what minerals are in the soil; for instance, horsetail reed grows where there are high concentrations of silicate minerals in the soil, and iron ores and gold can often be found with such formations. We even found a bit of gold in an awesome sedimentary projection left over from an ancient riverbed. It was a pretty fun afternoon.

...also yes, I'm one of those people who had a rock collection growing up, and knew what Schist, Gneiss, and Microcline were long before I played Dwarf Fortress.
That sounds incredibly awesome, I've got to learn more about geology at some point.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85520 on: August 13, 2012, 01:48:57 am »

Anyway, back on topic; my Dad and I went out this afternoon to some old glacial mineral deposits in a big, wild area near his house. There, I got a crash course in metal ore prospecting, and the unique glacially-sculpted geology of Michigan. We nerded out about such topics as how plants growing in different areas can indicate information about the history of a region, and what minerals are in the soil; for instance, horsetail reed grows where there are high concentrations of silicate minerals in the soil, and iron ores and gold can often be found with such formations. We even found a bit of gold in an awesome sedimentary projection left over from an ancient riverbed. It was a pretty fun afternoon.

...also yes, I'm one of those people who had a rock collection growing up, and knew what Schist, Gneiss, and Microcline were long before I played Dwarf Fortress.
That sounds incredibly awesome, I've got to learn more about geology at some point.
Geology is a fun class in college (also the fricking easiest science to ever learn). My professor took us all over Colorado mountains, going into mines, and checking out formations and deposits around the school (Colorado is a amazing place for geology study other than Yellowstone and Moab)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85521 on: August 13, 2012, 03:18:23 am »

We just got two things: 4G service for cell phones (which I cannot use until I upgrade my phone) and a Buffalo Wild Wings. Good day to be a nerd.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85522 on: August 13, 2012, 03:33:10 am »

Oh hey MZ, I was just talking about you a few pages back.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85523 on: August 13, 2012, 03:35:32 am »

Oh hey MZ, I was just talking about you a few pages back.
And now I peer through the lens of time...

I just want to publicly thank the MaximumZero clone that's stationed in colorado.

You're welcome. I'm glad to see that the Maxclones are working as intended in the test markets.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:39:30 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85524 on: August 13, 2012, 05:50:25 am »

Today... today. Today is chamomile cherry coke tea. Properly boiled on a stove, instead of microwaved.

It is smooth, sweet, goddamn refreshing, and I have about two and a half cups (the liquid measurement, mind) left. Won't drink it all today, but I'm definitely going to be finding out what this ambrosia tastes like cold, when I drink some tomorrow morning.

... and I've got another two liter bottle in the outside fridge. As well as the makings for... well. Let's just say if it turns out good cold, I'm going to convert the contents of that bottle to something tastier.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85526 on: August 13, 2012, 06:47:32 am »

oh cod, that song/anime/everything
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85527 on: August 13, 2012, 07:01:41 am »

This made my day and then some.
Did the planet literally explode out of sheer awesomeness?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #85528 on: August 13, 2012, 10:39:18 am »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:19:45 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85529 on: August 13, 2012, 10:52:35 am »

Sounds like the beginning of a happy ending, True. Congrats!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5700 5701 [5702] 5703 5704 ... 13326