Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5684 5685 [5686] 5687 5688 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15832749 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85275 on: August 08, 2012, 02:41:37 am »

My point with the shouldn't was that I don't think things would work out between two people who are 18 and 15. One of you is college-age, the other isn't even halfway through high school.

I said earlier I wasn't going to try to date her because I know it wouldn't work. I just accidentally the charm.

Also apparently the 3 years' grace in Texas only applies to straight sex. A 16 year old dude and a 17 year old dude can't legally have sex in Texas. Part of me is asking "why even bother excluding same-sex couples" but another part of me knows the answer. "It's Texas."

Precisely.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85276 on: August 08, 2012, 03:13:57 am »

Do you think a 17 year old Australian Year 12 and a 15/16 year old (Year 10) would work? Cos I can't stop noticing this redheaded girl who is around 2.5 years younger than me.  :-\ Looks 16. But is not.  :(

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85277 on: August 08, 2012, 03:51:50 am »

Why wouldn't it work?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #85278 on: August 08, 2012, 04:54:00 am »

I put more weight in life stages than in age difference. I think a relationship is more likely to work out between two high schoolers that are 17 and 15 than a 19-year-old college student and an 18-year-old high schooler.

I mean, age difference is still really important but I definitely think that if you both go to the same school and deal with the same stuff then really there's not a lot of difference between how you live.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85279 on: August 08, 2012, 05:53:25 am »

One of my best mates is 21 and his girlfriend is 18 and it's the strongest relationship I've ever seen.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85280 on: August 08, 2012, 06:52:33 am »

Eh, my wife is two years younger than me. To age differences <5 years: Big deal. :P

The trick is getting out of that awkward age of <18.

This reminds me. It our anniversary today. :o
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85282 on: August 08, 2012, 07:59:19 am »

Eh, my wife is two years younger than me. To age differences <5 years: Big deal. :P

The trick is getting out of that awkward age of <18.

This reminds me. It our anniversary today. :o

That reminds me: my taekwondo instructor started going out with a 30 year old guy when she was 17. That was 3 years ago and they never broke up. Helps that the guy acts less mature than she does.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85284 on: August 08, 2012, 09:55:36 am »

The lesson: If the optimist says the glass is half full, and the pessimist says the glass is half empty, the physicist ducks.
Why bother? Just empty the lass and order  a new one!

^Opportunistic Dwarven approach.

(Assuming the glass is full of beer. And honestly, why wouldn't it be.)
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #85285 on: August 08, 2012, 10:01:55 am »

My granddad's second wife was ~30 years younger than him. He had kids older than her :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85286 on: August 08, 2012, 10:20:28 am »

Giggity giggity granddad!

Yeah, I've got a few of those sorts of things in my family tree. My paternal grandfather divorced and remarried to a woman 25 years younger than him (only two years older than my father) and had two more children. Which makes them my aunt and uncle, despite being younger than me. Which also meant that my grandfather was a grandfather before becoming a father again.

My great-grandmother (on a different branch) had 15 children over a span of 22 years, so same story...she was a grandmother before she finished giving birth to all her kids. Even better, her husband's first wife was her sister (reverse Levirate marriage).

My mother has a 1st cousin who is younger than I am.

And we've got the inevitable issue of multiple-relation paths that comes of multiple clans intermarrying over several generations. Eventually anyone within a day's walk is related to you somehow. So over time you find that someone could be your 2nd cousin once removed *and* your 3rd cousin *and* your 1st cousin twice removed.

I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough, I could find someone that is their own grandfather:P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #85287 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:19 am »

I ordered joystick almost year ago and the firm has now refunded us so I can get my money back! They also removed the item from their stock as they dont appear to have any and getting any is unlikely. Would have been nice if they had just said that they dont actually have any and arent going to get any earlier but at least demanding refund worked.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85288 on: August 08, 2012, 10:32:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Was just thinking that same thing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85289 on: August 08, 2012, 10:38:43 am »

My granddad's second wife was ~30 years younger than him. He had kids older than her :P
My grandad's first wife was 40 years younger. Must be something about the early 20th century or something.
Pages: 1 ... 5684 5685 [5686] 5687 5688 ... 13326