Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5638 5639 [5640] 5641 5642 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15777476 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

wait... MZ is PNX?

Naw, I think he's referring to the PnP RPG he's working on.
Since it would be the BEST OF ALL RPGS AND THUS MAKE DECIDING ON ONE EASY

Facepunch: The RPG
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:48:02 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-

I might have to disagree with you when you say picking a career path/major shouldn't be about doing what you love. That runs counter to everything I've learned in life. I'm by no means a stellar example of financial success... but the challenge and reward of working for the local wildlife rescue (despite the minimum wage), or the satisfaction I feel doing work I both love and am well-equipped for, despite struggling through meager times to get here, have more than made up for it.

On a similar note, I may not be able to artfully combine my Anthropology and Biology dual majors into a well-paying or prestigious career, but I love to be able to integrate their lessons into my human experience. Having the language to understand and draw paralells between the evolution and working parts of organs and lifeforms, and the evolution and working parts of cultures and societies is something I'd not want to trade.

I know that the brand of high-mindedness that I let pilot my life is pretty unprofessional, and doesn't really translate to career success, but it's generally left me contented, and well-equipped for all the non-fiscal aspects of life. Total education, and finding love in your work, is vital to my model of life success.

EDIT: I should add that I liked the sound of most of your proposed seminar, and it sounds like it could really make a difference in the lives of young folks stepping into the uncharted waters of collegiate life. You do have a lot of great entrepeneurial ideas, and should totally carry more of them out.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:40:16 am by Solifuge »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

All I know is working 40+ a week doing something I hate isn't worth it (unless it leads to really early retirement).

There was a period in my life where I woke up every morning filled with dread, hating what I'd have to go through yet again. That's not a life worth living.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really wish I knew what to do with myself in terms of career. I guess I just have to get out there and try things?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I want to hear your seminar or at least a transcript if you produce it, Truean. I've only learned up to E. It would be really useful I think.
Me too.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Scotland is set to become the first part of the UK to introduce gay marriage after the SNP government announced plans to make the change.

Not exactly the part of Britain I expected to do this first.  +1 to the land of the kilts.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Not much of a surprise, the Scots would do anything to distance themselves from the English.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

so now we've got to go out and find a tabletop RPG to play, preferably one that has free or cheap sourcebooks.

Got any genre/setting/rules style direction you want to take that in?
Honestly, I have no clue, I have some preferences, but I'm not picky about setting/genre/rules.

I went ahead and made another thread dedicated to this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh my God, Phoenix Wright is an amazing series. I've heard good things about it but never got around to trying it out. Not only is the music awesome, the dialogue is excellent and all of the characters (including the villains) are interesting.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Most of the villains will have a hilarious breakdown at least once per trial if you break enough arguments. (not the lawyers, the other guys. the opposing lawyers will just be silly.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

You haven't played Phoenix Wright until now?! D:

...Well, at least you finally did get around to playing it.

On another note, finished my Accounting assignment. Feels good to be back on commission, after 3 days of sickness and lack of grades. >:D
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

I want to hear your seminar or at least a transcript if you produce it, Truean. I've only learned up to E. It would be really useful I think.
Me too.

Thank you. Hopefully others will share your views and I might actually get some business out of it while I'm wishing :).

All I know is working 40+ a week doing something I hate isn't worth it (unless it leads to really early retirement).

There was a period in my life where I woke up every morning filled with dread, hating what I'd have to go through yet again. That's not a life worth living.

Granted, but living broke is far worse than doing a job you hate. Money may not be "everything" but try living without it....

-snip-

I might have to disagree with you when you say picking a career path/major shouldn't be about doing what you love. That runs counter to everything I've learned in life. I'm by no means a stellar example of financial success... but the challenge and reward of working for the local wildlife rescue (despite the minimum wage), or the satisfaction I feel doing work I both love and am well-equipped for, despite struggling through meager times to get here, have more than made up for it.

On a similar note, I may not be able to artfully combine my Anthropology and Biology dual majors into a well-paying or prestigious career, but I love to be able to integrate their lessons into my human experience. Having the language to understand and draw paralells between the evolution and working parts of organs and lifeforms, and the evolution and working parts of cultures and societies is something I'd not want to trade.

I know that the brand of high-mindedness that I let pilot my life is pretty unprofessional, and doesn't really translate to career success, but it's generally left me contented, and well-equipped for all the non-fiscal aspects of life. Total education, and finding love in your work, is vital to my model of life success.

EDIT: I should add that I liked the sound of most of your proposed seminar, and it sounds like it could really make a difference in the lives of young folks stepping into the uncharted waters of collegiate life. You do have a lot of great entrepeneurial ideas, and should totally carry more of them out.

Feel free to disagree with any part of it including the work area part. I don't know how you do it man. I mean, how on earth do you live on minimum wage after college? Worse, what if nobody is hiring in that field? I got accepted to a couple of medical schools and would have probably liked being a doctor, but frankly med school was even more expensive than law school....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

If you plan things out right you can end up making alot of money if you pick the right profession. You don't NECESSARILY have to hate it.

Happy medium, guys, happy medium.
Pages: 1 ... 5638 5639 [5640] 5641 5642 ... 13325