Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5637 5638 [5639] 5640 5641 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779133 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

So just watched the latest batman film.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and I'm surprised they went back on their word saying Robin would never show up, spoiler alert.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I've heard there's been talk of a Catwoman spin-off.  Would totally love to see that.  I thought Ann Hathaway was a perfect cast.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've heard there's been talk of a Catwoman spin-off.  Would totally love to see that.  I thought Ann Hathaway was a perfect cast.

I'll admit, I was doubtful of her at first, but she was actually pretty great in the movie. I also really liked the character arc, and would be more than happy to throw money at a spin-off set before TDKR.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So today I sat down with a friend and we talked about starting a tabletop RPG group that she wanted my help in creating, she had her own ideas about what she wanted to do with the setting and such, but they were really half formed ideas and I didn't especially like her ambition to include everything including the kitchen sink when it came to the world building, so I suggested she might be much better off if she stuck with something already established, so now we've got to go out and find a tabletop RPG to play, preferably one that has free or cheap sourcebooks.

Oh, we also decided we're going to start doing a movie night, I proposed Troll 2, she said she wanted to do Samurai Princess. I think this might turn into an awesome thing.

Oh, and she decided we must get together and play a game of magicka, in fact she bought the game off of Ebay.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

New XKCD-what if!
http://what-if.xkcd.com/
Today's episode goes into detail about the results of putting a mole (~10^23) of moles in the same place; particularly in space. It forms a mole-planet and hilarity ensues.
Plumes of hot meat and bubbles of trapped gases like methane—along with the air from the lungs of the deceased moles—periodically rise through the mole crust and erupt volcanically from the surface, a geyser of death blasting mole bodies free of the planet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So yesterday and today I've gotten the chance to partake in canned cold coffee. Why am I enjoying this so much~?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

So I dunno. I came up with what I think is a decent enough idea that's actually useful for people: namely a seminar on how to go to college without going broke:

a.) Start at community college. This alone will save you thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of dollars. You can transfer later with an associates degree to a four year place. The "core" classes are basic stuff and pretty much the exact same thing as at the expensive school.
b.) If at all possible, have the kid live at home. Rent is expensive and dorms are expensive things they shove you into with another kid in close quarters. Avoid them.
c.) Rented Text books. Seriously book stores are a total rip off and the sellback values are insanely low. Pennies on the dollar.
d.) Socialization, safely and in moderation. CAB (commuter activity boards) whether the kid lives on campus or not.
e.) Student loans (between you and I, the bane of a generation). I worked in a financial aid office all through college. I know all the ins and outs. Unfortunately the FAFSA eligibility changes each freaking year, so it isn't like I can predict aid packages, but I know the red flags to look for that will make the people in the back turn on you. I know how to file it and keep records of it with the least amount of headaches. I also know all the ins and outs of "verification" and tax information.
f.) Personal finances: how to and how not to. You'd be amazed the number of people this hoses over.
g.) Alcohol and drugs, and other concerns: Focusing on criminal law and practical problems. Drunk driving and underage consumption law. Medical and academic problems.
h.) Working through college: experience, networking, and managing your time.
i.) Food: welcome to the discount grocery store. The food is just as good and cost 30% less.
j.) How to pick a major, it isn't just "doing what you feel like," if you want a job.
k.) How to make the most of college: studying, fun and career.

Now, some of you, having been through college, might know this already, and maybe you had to learn it the hard way. You'd be amazed how people simply don't know. Knowledge is freaking expensive and nobody tells these people any of this.

I dunno. It might be a way to actually help people, because I swear, people really do not know any of this stuff, and nobody really tells them.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:49:15 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to hear your seminar or at least a transcript if you produce it, Truean. I've only learned up to E. It would be really useful I think.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

so now we've got to go out and find a tabletop RPG to play, preferably one that has free or cheap sourcebooks.

Got any genre/setting/rules style direction you want to take that in?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

so now we've got to go out and find a tabletop RPG to play, preferably one that has free or cheap sourcebooks.

I'm working on it, ok? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

e.) Student loans (between you and I, the bane of a generation). I worked in a financial aid office all through college. I know all the ins and outs. Unfortunately the FAFSA eligibility changes each freaking year, so it isn't like I can predict aid packages, but I know the red flags to look for that will make the people in the back turn on you. I know how to file it and keep records of it with the least amount of headaches. I also know all the ins and outs of "verification" and tax information.
This part in particular would be nice to know about.

Honestly, I have no clue, I have some preferences, but I'm not picky about setting/genre/rules.

I'm working on it, ok? :P
...?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Newest indieroyale thing has the Geneforge Saga in it. Unepic looks interesting, the rest I haven't heard much of before, but I officially have the geneforge games now after having them in a dubious state for a vague amount of time, and I'm happy about that.

Edit: Also interested:
I want to hear your seminar or at least a transcript if you produce it, Truean. I've only learned up to E. It would be really useful I think.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:34:35 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I'll post a list of the more interesting rpgs on my bookshelf later tonight.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/599541

Yeah its newgrounds but this 30 second video basically explains every site I've ever visited that wasn't bay12.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wait... MZ is PNX?

Naw, I think he's referring to the PnP RPG he's working on.
Since it would be the BEST OF ALL RPGS AND THUS MAKE DECIDING ON ONE EASY
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 5637 5638 [5639] 5640 5641 ... 13325