Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5560 5561 [5562] 5563 5564 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15812966 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I am now downloading the TED talks.
Yes, all of them, on high-quality.
All 100 gigs.

Is there a torrent for this or something?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

I imagine there are tons of torents and simlar methods however, I used: http://metated.petarmaric.com/
Which give you a metalink or something that lets you download them all (if you have the proper software, downthemall works fine for firefox/chrome), I am not sure how up to date it is, but I imagine its pretty up to date.
So far I have downloaded 60, which is ~5 gigs on high quality (and have stopped for the night).  :'( Probably should have chosen a lower quality option.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Teehee, oh how I love you SMBC.
Spoiler: Picture (click to show/hide)

I do know this is a double post, but since it is a entirely different subject from my last post, and I don't want to put this into the previous post (or wait till someone posts in between), I am just double posting.

EDIT: Reading a manga, and a scientist looks at a DNA test and goes "WHAT!", when he is just seeing the raw data (aka GTCCATCA), when he wouldn't be able to tell anything from looking at it that way, and would need to read thousands of characters (and know how they differ from the baseline and where exactly they are) to be able to notice anything. Just made me laugh a bit because of how ridiculous it is.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:12:06 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

LAST DAY at work. And my little one turned 4 today, and we're going to the zoo this afternoon. "Yeah I'm going home early to be with my kid. Whatcha gonna do, fire me?" ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

After several days weeks of hardship at university and home, I began wondering if I shouldn't spend whole day doing exactly nothing and just relax.

So here I am, in my birthday suit, drinking coke with ice, because it's quite hot and humid outside (summer weather, eh). I'm also eating this huge bowl of vanilla and coconut ice-cream, whilst watching Star Trek movies and writing up cards and lore for this game system thing I will propably never show to anyone. Nobody's home until 6pm so I still have five or so hours left, all for myself.

Possibly best kind of a relaxation I had in a long, long time. I really needed this~
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

So I just ran into this video.

Holy crap, that's some good swordsmanship. And all of a sudden, I wonder if it's possible to stat him using mundane advantages in Gurps.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Ok, said ridiculously stupid novel is apparently a platform for the author to vent his secret nazi antartic citadel conspiranoic theories. This should actually go into the sad thread.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

So I just ran into this video.

About half of that is really a showcase of the sword, but yeah, that guy's aim is incredible.  And I never fail to be amazed by how wacky Japanese TV is.  It's like Conan O'Brien crossed with MythBusters and a shitload of acid for the dialogue.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

EDIT: Reading a manga, and a scientist looks at a DNA test and goes "WHAT!", when he is just seeing the raw data (aka GTCCATCA), when he wouldn't be able to tell anything from looking at it that way, and would need to read thousands of characters (and know how they differ from the baseline and where exactly they are) to be able to notice anything. Just made me laugh a bit because of how ridiculous it is.

You'd be surprised!  My boss can often tell by eye looking at the V3 Loop region of HIV the tropism of the virus.  Its only 105 bases, but still.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Yes, but they know what section they are looking at, rather than a section of data of indeterminate origin...
This is a blank sig.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They could at least determine if it were damaged or particularly abnormal (or impossible), I'd imagine. We don't know enough of the scene to tell, though. What exactly did he discover in it?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Maybe he saw a 2?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

THE WI-FI

IT WORKS

The dumb setup program kept running with a blank screen for like ten minutes, but it seems to have done what it was supposed to do.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just got a letter saying I made the Dean's List :D

I have certainly rescued my GPA since I changed majors to something I actually enjoy. I changed from Civil Engineering to Urban Planning; the latter is far more my style.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

I set up a Facebook group for something I think desperately needs to happen.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 5560 5561 [5562] 5563 5564 ... 13326