Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5555 5556 [5557] 5558 5559 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808158 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Someone in the "What is the best..." thread linked this picture. I have no idea how that can be a natural formation but I love it.

Bismuth has a squarish crystal structure, and its oxide layer has the same effect as water on oil, resulting in the iridescence. That image is, incidentally, my desktop background.
Damn, it was oxides? I WAS TECHNICALLY WRONG. TRULY, MINE IS THE LEAST VALUABLE LIFE.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Cannot tell if there is a thunderstorm.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

The guy (or girl) who invented the Air Conditioning should get a medal. A bucket full of medals.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile

He did!
For his contributions to science and industry, Willis Carrier was awarded an honorary doctor of letters from Alfred (NY) University in 1942; was awarded the Frank P. Brown Medal in 1942; and was inducted posthumously in the National Inventors Hall of Fame (1985) and the Buffalo Science Museum Hall of Fame (2008).

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Well, that's kind of awesome.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Currently watching The Newsroom. 8 Minutes in: Oh, this is gonna be good.

Heheh, this writer is good.
I'm a marine! I will beat the s**t out of you no matter how many protein bars you eat!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:21:01 am by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Dragonflies are pretty.

Also, there is a cricket chirping to the left of me, with a low, full kind of chirp. He's totally reinventing his species and I hope he gets all the girls because of his musical genius.
Love, scriver~

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

He did!
For his contributions to science and industry, Willis Carrier was awarded an honorary doctor of letters from Alfred (NY) University in 1942; was awarded the Frank P. Brown Medal in 1942; and was inducted posthumously in the National Inventors Hall of Fame (1985) and the Buffalo Science Museum Hall of Fame (2008).
Oh wow. Awesome!  :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

The guy (or girl) who invented the Air Conditioning should get a medal. A bucket full of medals.

Oh gods yes, first time in my life I've been able to go through a summer with an AC and it is just pure Elysium.

Of course, since my bedroom is cut off from the room with the AC its now even harder to get sleep.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:14:19 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I feel so stupid for not getting it before. But I finally get how to alter and mess around with owned titans in Titans of steel: Warring suns.

So keeping the next light titan I manage to salvage now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Took my 5-year old to her first professional fireworks display last night. She was suitably impressed.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Oh my god. I just found the absolute stupidest exploit in ToS. I wonder if anyone else knows about this.

Go into the squad factory menu, and strip EVERYTHING out of a Titan, then just install very basic life support, engine and a heat regulator. Sell everything else, in most cases you'll get more than the resell value of the base Titan that way. THEN go into the HQ and sell the stripped down chassis for as much as the fully loaded one is worth. I got 100k out of a hammer I wasn't using that way. Just completely nuts.

I suppose someone can justify it as selling the weapons and parts on the black market and then selling the Chassis to refurbishing groups, but god damn. I'm unsure if Ill use this exploit ever again but discovering it was interesting.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Makes perfect sense to me, since that's exactly what happens when you sell a somewhat junky used car as well. Stripping it down and sell the chassis for almost as much as the car, and then sell all the pieces for twice the price.

Just cutting out the middleman. :P

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I can confirm that's exactly what they do with cars. My father scraps junk cars all the time. People sell him their totaled whatever for $200, he takes out all the useful parts, and sends in the hunk of scrap to the recyclers for ~$250.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 5555 5556 [5557] 5558 5559 ... 13326