Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5529 5530 [5531] 5532 5533 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796572 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Meh. Same old same old.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Maybe I should invent computer tech fuel... 
Take a caffeinated drink. Boil it. Steep caffeinated tea. Consume. LIVE.

Crash like fuck 8-10 hours later. Not entirely sure the concoction would pass FDA regulations. If it would, well. Boil it and steep more tea. Repeat until in contravention of law, or the brew becomes undrinkable. Or maybe solid, I guess. I wonder if you could repeated boil it until it (the sugar and syrup, anyway) crystalized or something... maybe add some honey? Mountain dew tea candies. Hrm...

Anyone with better knowledge of making hard candies able to chime in?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I watched season one of Legend of Korra. Tbh, I prefer the characters and setting of the original a little more.

And Frumple, you could just inject pure caffeine.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

But then you don't get the sugar! And whatever else is in it. It's not just about the caffeine, after all.
Ask not!
Ask!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Wouldn't it be hard to find pure caffine though?  At least in a form readily injected via syringe?  This plan of condensing all the caffeine sugar and misc sludge of 12 cans of Dr Pepper into the volume of a teacup sounds rather amusing (and maybe deadly) and can be done with household tools!

I think I'll file it away as one of those "Cool to try once I have health insurance" things.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:06:22 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Caffeine is this pure white powder. Dunno if you can inject it.

But you can buy the pure white stuff online.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I think I'll file it away as one of those "Cool to try once I have health insurance" things.
Hey, I've seen a sixty year(ish) old grandma survive a cup of single-brew'd stuff -- that purple mountain dew from a while back and honey/lemon/ginseng green tea.

I haven't tried sequential boiling/steeping cycles, though. I... yeah, being honest, that's maybe dangerous, I'unno. Wouldn't mind consulting a doctor about it, if only to see the look of horror. Still, I can't imagine it'd be much worse than multi-brewed coffee, unless something in the soda turns toxic after being heated/cooled/heated multiple times. Once is safe, though, at least for occasional consumption.
Ask not!
Ask!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

Hey, I've seen a sixty year(ish) old grandma survive a cup of single-brew'd stuff -- that purple mountain dew from a while back and honey/lemon/ginseng green tea.

I haven't tried sequential boiling/steeping cycles, though. I... yeah, being honest, that's maybe dangerous, I'unno. Wouldn't mind consulting a doctor about it, if only to see the look of horror. Still, I can't imagine it'd be much worse than multi-brewed coffee, unless something in the soda turns toxic after being heated/cooled/heated multiple times. Once is safe, though, at least for occasional consumption.
I would also be interested in watching a doctor react to the question.

"So, if I drink all this hyper-energy tea, then I take the dregs and make even MORE CONCENTRATED HEART ATTACK, then drink that, then condense it yet again, how long will it take until my heart collapses upon itself and causes a micro-sigularity?"

"If you survived the second cup you'd already be well within the bounds of unique."

"I drank four yesterday."

"When should I start the cult?"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just saw the literal trailer for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood again. Still as hilariously random as I remembered. :)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Aye, Gatorade and other electrolyte drinks are foul if you don't need them, but when you're tired/dehydrated/exerted they're like Ambrosia.

The whole 'electrolyte' thing is good.

Rather than buy all-too-expensive sports drinks, especially if i'm on a long hike on a hot day (I've hiked in temperatures of 42 C or well over 100 F, cbf converting), I make my own mix out of lemon juice, or lemonade + mint + salt + ice + ginger.

Damn it's refreshing.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heheh... Quite the interesting halfling thief I've rolled for the AD&D game I'm joining. A wastrel yet greedy, maniacal yet morose, deceitful yet pious (ie there's apparently a 35% chance that if I wish/bless/damn something it'll happen), and extroverted, blustery, fool hearty, and soft hearted to boot. Not only that but I managed to roll a Sun Blade and the group just so happens to be clearing a mansion of undead. Still need to figure something out that sets me off into a rage 88% of the time though...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Aye, Gatorade is there solely to aid you when you feel like you've been mauled by a gator. Or in my case, like I've been chasing one for 5 miles.PUN DENSITY APPROACHING CRITICAL!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I'd be curious to look at the ingredients in gatorade after a course of organic chemistry/biology. >_>

... Goddamn shopping for food is gonna be WEIRD in a few years. @_@
It's water, sugar (or high fructose corn syrup, depending on brand), and sodium chloride. Powerade has potassium chloride, and... magnesium sulfate? Maybe? I dunno, it's been a while since i last had access to a bottle, but the most complicated molecule in there is the sugar, regardless of brand. Well, there's also your standard flavorings and dyes but those're hardly special.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Or, in other words: kool-aid with salt.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't Russian inmates use ridiculously strong tea as a way of treating withdrawal from meth and such?
Pages: 1 ... 5529 5530 [5531] 5532 5533 ... 13325