Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5520 5521 [5522] 5523 5524 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791286 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Am now an uncle. I'm going to have to practice my sagely wisdom, grey-beard-growing, and tea-making. Might also have to put on some weight, either in fat or muscle.
Sounds like a lot of work. You should start with gaining the ability to shoot fire out of your fists.
That DOES sound easier. The hardest part of this plan will be keeping myself from dying of sudden and inexplicable combustion after I strap aerosol cans and lighters to my wrists.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I think we should ent this right now. Or willow all start up in the tree puns too? I wood like to not have that happen.

Ugh, its unbeleafable how much tree puns we can make.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Branching off to tree puns was definitely a good decision, and I don't know much about tanks so I vote we stay rooted here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

No no no, we have too many tree puns. Let's hold ourselves to a higher caliber and do a round of something else.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Please, not the tree puns again. This is the sappy thread!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

So, after finally having decided that I want to study computer science after graduating from high school*, I found an online course** which promised and entry for university (to study Comp.Sci) without entrance examination. You of course had to pass the test for the course and there is an interview to determine whether you are motivated enough to get in. At first I suspected that only few students would get in, because the interviewers would be strict. Then I looked up the numbers from the last years course; 53 people went to the interview and 50 got into university. Damn, I like those changes!

The course itself works thus; every week new reading material and new tasks are published (reading material in the website and the tasks are downloaded to the IDE itself trough a plugin). There is three weeks time to make the tasks, which are then uploaded to the server trough the same plugin. In order to gain entry to the interview, you must complete at least 80 % of each weeks tasks.

So, I enrolled to the course and made the first (very simple) tasks. Damn, I'm happy I stumbled across that course!

*Well, Finland's equivalent of high school anyway.
**It is actually two university courses rolled into one. (Programming with Java)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

You got entrance exams in Finland? I though you could just go to university like that. Are they hard?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got a friend to explain to me what kind of ROMS i need and how they work.
wooo!

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

You got entrance exams in Finland? I though you could just go to university like that. Are they hard?
It depends on the major, whether it is hard or not. Entrance examination is not, however, mandatory, although not taking part in it obviously reduces your changes to get in.  Usually around half of the quota to a major is filled completely based on entrance examination and the rest get in with point system that values both success in entrance examination and grades from previous schools. Here* are some statistics from 2011 on how many students have gotten in Helsinki University to various majors. So in short it is possible to get into university without one, but it is considerably harder.

*It is in Finnish, so here are the columns from left to right:
1.Major 2.Applicants 3.Applicants who took part to entrance examination 4.Accepted 5.Percentage accepted 6.Percentage accepted(of those who participated the entrance examination)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I just realised that a level 1 Commoner can destroy an entire DnD campaign. Hopy shit man.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Just got reminded of Katawa Shojou by the way of a random note I had laying around. Looks like I'll finally be getting into the visual novel scene now. I've also heard that the thing can really give some major feels; I'm getting rather excited.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Finished half of my assignment! Yes!

One half more to go! 6:00am, here we go!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

New computer is on its way!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 5520 5521 [5522] 5523 5524 ... 13325