Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5518 5519 [5520] 5521 5522 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15790431 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

Started playing Pokemon Conquest. Much to My surprise, it actually works out pretty well.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Long story short, I was poking around online and found an interesting website.  Businesses that sell semi-decommissioned military hardware are not rare.  Businesses selling mostly-functional Soviet hardware are slightly rarer.

And then there's SVT Group, a purveyor of the leftovers of Communist Czechoslovakia, including numerous forms of rocket launchers and mobile artillery and, yeah right at the top of the list, "just" forty eight T-72s in as-is condition.

Forty eight T-72s.  Tanks that are still as modern as any other MBT in the world, especially compared to anything outside of NATO.  And according to the site I found them through, they're selling for...

Wait for it...

59.000 Euros, about $75grand American depending on which way the wind blows.

It's not everyday you can pick up an entire goddamn armor company for three and a half mil.  I wonder what the international shipping costs on 45 tons are.  It is self-propelled after all.  I'll tell them I'm a movie-prop supplier.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Where ya going to get that initial 3.5 million, though? I mean, after the tanks are yours there's no problem (unless your "investors" have an army of their own to get back their deposit, heheh).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Where ya going to get that initial 3.5 million, though? I mean, after the tanks are yours there's no problem (unless your "investors" have an army of their own to get back their deposit, heheh).

Maybe I should make a Kickstarter or something.  Donate $100 or more and you get free tickets to any movie it's in, $1000 and you can drive it.

But you really just put down the $75,000 on the first one.  Then the rest just kinda... comes along.  One way or another.  It's a capital investment any way you look at it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Hey chin, if I walk over can I steal one? I promise Ill do less than 50 million in damages with it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Lightning struck in the middle of the Peace&Love festival camping... It seems God might not be too happy with us hippies after all ;D

Luckily, nobody was seriously injured. 25 people did have to go to emergency care however when one of the victims of the hit said that "[we didn't understand what was happening,] we were completely shocked".
Love, scriver~

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

25 people had to go to the emergency room and you're in the happy thread?

Man, you might be partaking in the peace and love a bit too much.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

But the "We were completely shocked" made me giggle like a little girl.

I'm going to go be ashamed of myself somewhere else now...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

25 people had to go to the emergency room and you're in the happy thread?

Man, you might be partaking in the peace and love a bit too much.

What? Nah, I made up the 25 part getting seriously injured by an unintended pun part (but the quote is real). Only 17 people were hurt, nobody seriously, and they're all expected to be back to the peacin' and lovin' in a day or two.
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I wish there were hippie gatherings around here. I'd so participate.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

And then there's SVT Group, a purveyor of the leftovers of Communist Czechoslovakia, including numerous forms of rocket launchers and mobile artillery and, yeah right at the top of the list, "just" forty eight T-72s in as-is condition.
Suddenly, ALL the watchlists!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe I should make a Kickstarter or something.  Donate $100 or more and you get free tickets to any movie it's in, $1000 and you can drive it.

But you really just put down the $75,000 on the first one.  Then the rest just kinda... comes along.  One way or another.  It's a capital investment any way you look at it.

Please do the Kickstarter thing... seriously. For the highest donation, let them sit in the cockpit or muck about with the turret, or maybe even take it out for a spin somewhere if the donation is significant enough. This is an opportunity that just doesn't come around more than once.

Even if you couldn't get movie deals for the tanks or something, I'm certain that if nothing else you could make a business out of setting up a handful of them on a chunk of land, and letting people pay to drive them around on a chunk of battlefield-like terrain... fences, barricades, muddy pits, etc. It'd be like the tank equivalent of a go-kart track... people would shell out serious money for that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I see what you did there.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This isn't going to derail into a punathon is it? Because that wasn't a very good pun and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't even intentional.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Don't worry, if a punathon breaks out Janet will have it declared non-cannon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5518 5519 [5520] 5521 5522 ... 13325