Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15886225 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #8055 on: April 18, 2010, 05:15:00 am »

Hey- Aqizzar. Just so you know how bad you made me feel, about a month ago, the only place in a 2hr radius that sold pop-tarts closed down.

This was also the only place other than neo-tokyo ($4.00 per can) which sold dr. pepper.

This was also the only place that sold fanta fru-fru.

Sigh..

But anyway, went away for a day to stay with friends. Much fun and happiness was had- Went to a pub for a friend's eighteenth. Came in second in the arm-wrestling competition which we all seemed to randomly decide to have. All in all, A surprisingly good weekend.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: April 18, 2010, 05:41:01 am »

Fill it with anything! You have a bowl. It's almost like having a cardboard box. The possibilities are boundless provided you can only imagine filling something with something else.

Yes! I believe!

Okay, I put marbles in it. If you're wondering where I got the marbles, my mom has a bigger bowl, which is filled with marbles. It's hereditary?

Now it's perched on my dresser, but with the important difference of being filled.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: April 18, 2010, 05:51:16 am »

I still think bubushka bowls would have been cooler.

But marbles is still pretty cool.
Wax beads also.
Glass fruit!
Hundred dollar bills.
Sand and a few rocks and a teeny-tiny rake.

The ideas just keep flooding! I need to go buy some bowls!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #8059 on: April 18, 2010, 10:09:27 am »

Okay, so yesterday B12 wasn't really working for me,
 so here comes some pent up responses:

Firstly: I can't believe I missed Cloverfield! No! No! No!
I've seen it before, but I was still looking forward to that.

Secondly: I LOVE DUNE!

Thirdly: You can never replace Missingno.

Fourthly: I've slept on multiple futons for a combined duration of years.
They are my favorite. Mostly because if you leave them in couch-mode,
 they are slanty.

Umm... that's about it.

Also, I'm making a huge mobile of my own brain that will fill the entire ceiling of my room.
It will be epic.
There will be pictures.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: April 18, 2010, 10:54:49 am »

Yay, punting.  Now my arms are tired.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: April 18, 2010, 12:48:46 pm »

Okay, I put marbles in it. If you're wondering where I got the marbles, my mom has a bigger bowl, which is filled with marbles. It's hereditary?
Now I can just imagine your mother walking in your room to drop off some mail and noticing the marble bowl on the dresser. She sheds a single tear of pride.

But yeah, while looking for some tunes to listen to I suddenly got a craving for some theme songs. And what do you know, I stumbled upon Parallel Works.

I am happy again.

Edit: Fuckfuckfuckfuck
 You don't seem to understand the sheer mind-blowingness if western Gurren Lagann.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:59:48 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: April 18, 2010, 12:52:44 pm »

It's a woman thing.  Our little Vester is growing up so fast.  Pretty soon you'll be trying to wear her shoes and stuff.

Nobody complimented my awesome Lego tower, and I'm so happy otherwise that I don't care.  And for no reason in particular even.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: April 18, 2010, 12:58:29 pm »

It's a woman thing.

Yeah, they all need somewhere to put their marbles after they lose them.  (I kid)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: April 18, 2010, 12:59:38 pm »

It would make it more awesome you set your steam to go online when you turn your computer on, instead of taunting me by posting without going on steam.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: April 18, 2010, 01:06:43 pm »

It would make it more awesome you set your steam to go online when you turn your computer on, instead of taunting me by posting without going on steam.

Then people could message me whenever they wanted to.  And who says I want that?  Also, lookit what I'm doooing, posting without turning Steam on, neener neener.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: April 18, 2010, 01:09:09 pm »

I`m reading Y-The Last Man.

I love it so much.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: April 18, 2010, 01:15:54 pm »

Then people could message me whenever they wanted to.  And who says I want that?  Also, lookit what I'm doooing, posting without turning Steam on, neener neener.

I'll get you!!!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: April 18, 2010, 01:31:31 pm »

I'll get you!!!
Heh, I'm even worse, I always have steam on... even when I'm not at my computer. Not that it matters much seeing as I have a whopping 3 friends on steam.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: April 18, 2010, 01:34:47 pm »

1. Almost certainly not bipolar

2. Almost certainly not chemically depressed

I just have zero patience for anything or anyone, and was trying too damned hard to be happy and not feel anything negative, ever.  The result was that I ended up zig-zagging up and down in mood in sharp spikes, as I forcibly ripped myself out of one emotion into another... but then negativity built up to the point of being unbearable.

So, once I've cultivated some patience and coping skills, I should be able to go back to school quite easily and do whatever I want.  In the plans for the next 2.5 years are German, Russian and Polish, as well as a fairly hardcore math curriculum and some literature courses.  Also leaving my room and making friends.  That's kind of high up on the to-do list.

I also had an odd dream where I'd folded most of my paper cranes, but I was back in middle school and everyone around me was unfolding them and ripping them up.  I said "Hey, I worked for a really long time on those!" and they kept saying "But they don't take that long--they're cheap!  Cheap!  Cheap!" while pounding on the desks.  Even more were thrown outside and destroyed in the rain.  The color ran out and they clogged the gutters.

I wasn't depressed or unhappy, though.  I just walked away from all those birds I'd carefully made, and said "tomorrow I'll start folding again"--just like that.

I guess I've changed quite a bit.

Also, mangled FFX subs.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 13326