Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5341 5342 [5343] 5344 5345 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757418 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Ah, I'm so glad to be programming in c++ again. Too bad it won't last, as I'm just retrofitting old code.

I am a creature of habit when it comes to programming languages. That's not a good thing, but fuck if I care.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Honk for Gatsby
(So much foreshadowing).

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Saw the Avengers. Yessssssssss.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Had a barbeque <3
Lovely weather here. Quite warm, but not too warm.
And yet i'm behind my computer xD

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I spent last night at a friend's house (or actually friends' house, since the two of them are brothers) playing Age of Empires 3. There were only about four of us playing, plus the girlfriend of one of the brothers, against four AI players on Hard. We played three games; in the first two games, I was one of the players that got hit the hardest. In fact, in the second game my Town Center got destroyed, and my Explorer had been killed pretty early on (and I forgot to ransom him), and I was only able recover because I  happened to have a Town Center shipment still available. Then our last game was an island map, where I only got attacked a little bit and spent a while on upgrading, so that by the time I got around to building up a small fleet, most of the invading had been done by the other players.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Okay, I think adventure time may have just gained a convert. Ep I just watched was apparently what happens when someone animates a gender bent Mary-sue fanfic -- quite literally. It was... it was great. Just great. It even had the vague slash overtone!

Also the first time I've ever actually heard someone say fan fiction in non-Internet media. I laughed, quite hard. Was actually expending rabbithat dude to be trippin' balls right up until the end. Good plot twist :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

My landlord likes me. Now if only I can eventually hook him as a client.... He also likes my sign, which I did this weekend by hand with woodworking. :D
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

From Transformice earlier tonight:

Ochita: We really are soulmates, Leafsnail
Ochita: B-but it's not like I like you, B-Baka!
Leafsnail: Suddenly Tsunderechita?

Was a good time y'all. We should do it again. Max was pretty handy with his Ratapults, and I was a pretty masterful planker.

EDIT: It's a long video, but the unedited footage is here. Complete with all the best worst music I could dredge up from my hard drive.
Was reading the backlog of what I missed in this thread. I did indeed enjoy this, and, if it hadn't been for the fact that I had received an invitation to hang out with friends I hadn't seen in a while, I would have very much liked to have stayed for the whole thing.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did this weekend by hand with woodworking. :D
I hope you understand what that sounds like out of context...

.... Anything longer than it is wide on the internet is a phallic joke isn't it? :) [gently shakes head]

Yeah, I meant I actually took a woodworking tool and created beveled edges and made the lettering myself in addition to the signboard backing and a flourish piece. The result was a very professional looking 65 inch by 13 1/2 inch sign (quiet you). The landlord said it looked the best out of all of them.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Netwarks! (click to show/hide)

Seriously, how do you manage to accidentally type an a instead of an o?
*Hugs*

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

.... Anything longer than it is wide on the internet is a phallic joke isn't it? :) [gently shakes head]

Yeah, I meant I actually took a woodworking tool and created beveled edges and made the lettering myself in addition to the signboard backing and a flourish piece. The result was a very professional looking 65 inch by 13 1/2 inch sign (quiet you). The landlord said it looked the best out of all of them.
Truean: Brilliant Lawyer, Excellent Human Being, and Competent Woodworker? Most impressive.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Truean: Brilliant Lawyer, Excellent Human Being, and Competent Woodworker? Most impressive.
I was about to say that it would be shameful if nobody had commented on how awesome Truean is, for yet another reason.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was about to say that it would be shameful if nobody had commented on how awesome Truean is, for yet another reason.  :P

[curtsy] :) Thankies

He's impressed I'm working on a holiday weekend Sunday.... Curse my damn business cards not being here yet. He's offered to pass them out for me! He's also offered to come by whenever he needs something notarized..... He's apologizing about the noise from him cleaning and I'm just ever so politely saying it isn't a big deal at all, and that he should take his time and never hurry on my account. Moreover, my office lights are off (saving his electric bill) and the thermostat is on 80 while I have a small but powerful fan on me (further saving his AC bill).

Yes, now I shall stay in my office while getting things done and impress him that I'm working on weekends..... I'm just diggin' those hooks right in there.... Come into my client list said the lawyer to the landlord.... :D Except I'd rather charge him and all of his friends less than my competition to collectively make a livelihood for myself rather than trap/hunt a la spider and fly from which this has strayed too far from.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:18:48 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This was my favourite moment in all of film ever.
Pages: 1 ... 5341 5342 [5343] 5344 5345 ... 13325