Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5308 5309 [5310] 5311 5312 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15813138 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

And on good days, we're better than that.

Usually. First time I've ever done something related to post count in nearly two decades of Internet use. Could. Not. Resist.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:02:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Hey, we broke 80000.

Also, this is my 5000th post!

edit: Also I broke 3.0 posts per day. Math has told me that since my 4000th post I have averaged 13 posts per day.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:28:13 pm by penguinofhonor »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

And on good days, we're better than that.

Usually. First time I've ever done something related to post count in nearly two decades of Internet use. Could. Not. Resist.

Frumple: 80000 get!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Met a couple of friends last night. Good times. So this comic book bar apparently has some sort of 'American Craft Beer' week/month thing going. Plenty of US beers, big prices but the bottles are big too so it ain't that steep if you've got a friend or two to share with. We ended up getting Hopping Frog's Barrel Aged Boris. Now I'm not much for stouts, imperial or otherwise, but we all agreed that that was some mighty fine US brewing.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got internet back today, and after playing Spiral Knights with Ochi, I downloaded the expansion for Diablo II, Lord of Destruction.

Ended up playing D2 for 6 or 7 hours.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As promised Incredibox got updated. Yay, it's fun to feel a bit musical, even if I somehow manage to make it sound like crap half the time.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Two cats turned up yesterday and don't seem to be leaving in a hurry, so I guess they live here now ;D

Are cat vaccinations a thing that exist and should be looked into?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Torchlight 2 characters seem to be averse to shirts.

I'm okay with this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Two cats turned up yesterday and don't seem to be leaving in a hurry, so I guess they live here now ;D

Are cat vaccinations a thing that exist and should be looked into?
Aye, they are. Something like them, anyway. If you can spare the cash, look into getting 'em a general checkup plus shots, probably a deworming. If you can't spare the cash (might cost a couple hundred, depending on what needs done, iirc, but my memory's a little fuzzy. Definitely expect >70 USD if you can't find a group doing discount or free stuff.), well, they're probably not carrying anything that can kill you, so no need to worry about too much. Most strays I've had were fairly sturdy critters if they're not, y'know, already dead.
Ask not!
Ask!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Thanks for the advice, I'll take them to the vet on Monday if they decide to stick around.  I'm not sure if they're indoor or outdoor cats (or how to tell the difference) so I'll get a cat flap ASAP.

I've always been a little uneasy about animal sterilisation, despite the obviously good intentions of those who do so.  Luckily they're both female, so it's not really an issue.  I can just look after the kittens too if they have any :)

A few more questions though.  I think these cats are pretty young so is it a good idea to get them toys and stuff, or are cat toys a silly thing?  Do collars actually serve a purpose other than as a symbol of 'ownership'?  Is it possible for cats to get all their required nutrition from a vegetarian diet?  I'm a bit uncomfortable supporting the meat industry and would greatly prefer not to (but will if needs be).  A few sites state that it can be done, but I'm having trouble finding any actual studies on this.

Please only answer that last one if you have actual knowledge of the subject or can provide links to unbiased and verifiable information.  A mere opinion won't really suffice here.

I have been feeding them the meaty stuff so far, but that was borrowed from a neighbour.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Dry cat food works fine, but... cats are carnivores. Not omnivores. Usually if they're eating actual vegetation, they're sick, same as dogs. Have no idea if some kind of processed vegetable diet can function well for them, but I'd be somewhat surprised if it were possible. You might be able to buy live mice or rats ala snake feeding if you don't want to support the primary livestock industry, though. Probably be a bit messy and I have no idea what kind of feeding intervals that'd take. It'd be pretty bloody expensive, though. E: Missed the verification bit, sorry. Only backup I can provide is anecdotal, but I've had cats fairly consistently for a couple of decades now. Ask the vet when you take 'em in, they can give you a more qualified opinion.

As for neutering, it can change things up a bit with behavior, but if you don't do it, you can expect a litter every year or so, per cat (unless you very carefully keep them inside), which... adds up. Quickly. Especially if you don't already have a good idea of what to do with the excess. You don't have the space or resources to keep up with cat output, especially if something isn't killing off parts of the litters. No, I don't know your particular situation, but it's fairly irrelevant. DF catsplosion is only somewhat exaggerated.

As for indoor/outdoor... there's, uh, not really a kind of breed specification re: that, so far as I know. If you keep them indoor, they're a bit less likely to disappear some day, but that entails some extra effort (litter box(es), oi.). It's a matter of preference and cat personality.

Collar can serve two primary purposes beyond decoration -- they can hold a tag with owner information and they can be a flea collar. Flea collar tends to be a bit less effective than specialized medication, but it helps. As for toys, ehn. They don't need them, per se, but they don't hurt. You can improvise cat toys pretty easily (Feather on a stick? Feather on a stick. Ponytail? Ponytail. So on, so forth.).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:29:20 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Yeah, flea collars are usually good to have, makes your life alot easier.
Also, you may want to get one of those neat thingies for removing ticks, its like a sort of plastic crowbar. (bonus points if your name is freeman)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Torchlight 2 characters seem to be averse to shirts.

I'm okay with this.

Same for diablo 3 characters. The characters even make jokes about it in game.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Path of Exile characters are averse to pants, not shirts.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5308 5309 [5310] 5311 5312 ... 13326