Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5158 5159 [5160] 5161 5162 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781510 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Yahoo~] Things to totally thank Kyouko for today thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #77385 on: April 29, 2012, 01:39:19 am »

Working on my game. So much left to do. So much I want to do. Feeling overwhelmed, but this time it may be in a good way.
I know how you feel. After about 3 weeks of puzzling about, I finally got my core mechanic whittled down to something workable with statistics that don't make my brain try to leap out my nostrils. Suddenly I'm back in content generation and it's like "Holy shit man." I actually get to write things worth reading, instead of just fiddling with the machinery behind the scenes, and I love it. I now have a 6 page character creation document, complete with extensive examples, small jokes, and explanations of every facet (most of which are non-mechanical, besides specifying how much of each thing you can choose from during creation). I still need to revise and/or write in the first place some of the sections referenced, but I'm well on my way to being done with the framework and getting on to purely creative thought within existing bounds.

This actually makes me extremely happy, especially because I'm still proud of my Morality system, about 6 months after I wrote the rough draft, and there are big chunks of the Sanity and Background systems that I'm still happy with (those are largely conceptual, if not mechanical, ripoffs of Unknown Armies and World of Darkness, respectively, though). Good vs Evil? How quaint.

I fucking love my biweekly caffeine binges.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77386 on: April 29, 2012, 02:40:49 am »

Grats, man. It's a lovely feeling when it all comes together. I'm just chiseling away at writing the fluff and getting all my shit in one file. I've just got to remind myself that I don't have to do it all at once. If all I write is a couple of sentences or flesh out one weapon, I'm still farther along than I was. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #77387 on: April 29, 2012, 03:07:55 am »

Playing Dwarf Fortress adventure mode. Created a human on a small world. Unfortunately, the human civilization was pretty weak, and only had 1 town large enough to support shops; and that 1 town was the capital city. So, I decided to head over to the capital to buy some decent armor and weapons. When I arrived, I noticed something quite peculiar. The city was all but deserted. Every building in the city was abandoned; no shops, not a person in sight. So I headed to the city's keep. Once there, I witnessed an odd scene: about a dozen or so soldiers/guards, one of whom was injured. At this point I began to suspect something odd was at play, but I figured since the town was empty, I would go hunt night creatures.

So I talked to the leader, a human lawmaker. He didn't have a task for me (I wasn't famous enough quite yet), so I asked him some of the other questions, including inquiring about his family. He mentioned he had a daughter, who had married in the year 137. The current year was 250. This man was, at the very least, 140 years old. At which point it was pretty obvious he wasn't mortal. Turns out he was a vampire; and my guess is he is solely responsible for the nearly complete depopulation of the entire human capital city over the course of his multiple century lifetime. :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #77388 on: April 29, 2012, 03:10:31 am »

Also, watching CHKilroy's videos. Makes me want ArmA II so much ;_;
He's down.
BUT IS HE DEAD?
He's dead.
NOOOOOOO

From the same video: "I told them they had parachutes, they bailed out. They didn't have parachutes." -Dslyexci (sp?)

Personally I find the Dark Business games to be fascinating.  It's like a game of mafia but with armed factions and hostages.
This game is particular.  Make sure to watch the related video afterwards.  It's AMAZING

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77389 on: April 29, 2012, 05:02:31 am »

I think after some thought. Some more Ham, and copious amounts of Sun drop soda... Yeah. Time to forgive and forget. What am I without my friends? Even if I do get hurt a few times.

It sounded like a big deal yesterday, so I hope he's regretful too.
Love, scriver~

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77390 on: April 29, 2012, 05:51:01 am »

Nostalgia is a heady draught. It tastes like... old boot and cheap booze. And also of awesome.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77391 on: April 29, 2012, 06:07:27 am »

Also, watching CHKilroy's videos. Makes me want ArmA II so much ;_;
He's down.
BUT IS HE DEAD?
He's dead.
NOOOOOOO

From the same video: "I told them they had parachutes, they bailed out. They didn't have parachutes." -Dslyexci (sp?)

Personally I find the Dark Business games to be fascinating.  It's like a game of mafia but with armed factions and hostages.
This game is particular.  Make sure to watch the related video afterwards.  It's AMAZING

Heh, someone linking that video in this thread is what got me started watching his other videos :P that game was pretty hilarious

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77392 on: April 29, 2012, 06:08:18 am »

I got trve kvlt penguin avatar.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77393 on: April 29, 2012, 06:14:22 am »

I shaved last night. I dunno why I feel so happy about this, but I am.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77394 on: April 29, 2012, 07:53:34 am »

i discovered im a high master engraver!

even tough my hand writing is no better then a 3 year olds
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #77395 on: April 29, 2012, 08:23:18 am »

First person to PM me gets a 75% off EVE Online coupon that expires today for free.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:46:47 am by justinlee999 »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #77396 on: April 29, 2012, 09:38:34 am »

I shaved last night. I dunno why I feel so happy about this, but I am.
Perhaps your beard/mustache/goatee was cursed by a cosmic horror? Like, Cthulustache or something.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77397 on: April 29, 2012, 09:41:02 am »

So that's where my 'stache goes after I shave it.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77398 on: April 29, 2012, 10:04:10 am »

Dog I'm sitting for some neighbors I use to live by is playing with a rope toy all by herself. So cute.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #77399 on: April 29, 2012, 10:23:43 am »

Finally, I have achieved goatee pointularity.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5158 5159 [5160] 5161 5162 ... 13325