Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5092 5093 [5094] 5095 5096 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778097 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [┐('~`;)┌] The burritos are gone. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #76395 on: April 14, 2012, 11:03:29 pm »

I got my parents and sister fully moved out of new orleans and halfway moved into my new house in florida. I am exhausted and sore, but progress is being made.

You are a better family member than most.
Seconded. You, ser, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #76396 on: April 15, 2012, 12:07:16 am »

I've been playing through the Mass Effect series, a few hours into ME3, and I'm pleasantly surprised.  All the bitching about the ending and I don't think I've heard a single thing about the actual game.  So far it's good.  I actually had to change classes, from soldier to infiltrator, because the enemies were now smart and coordinated enough that I couldn't just bludgeon through them.  The opening sequence is one of the best moments in the series.  I still think though, that so far, the final mission of ME2 is the high point of the series.

I'm very disappointed that you have to play multiplayer to get the best ending, I think that's dumb and a cheap way to extend hours played.  I'll have to wait and see if the ending's as bad as people say, I know nothing about it except an idea of one possible thing that was honestly pretty obviously hinted at throughout the series, though if it does happen and I don't get to say no I'm going to be pretty mad because it's contrary to what the Shepard I've built would allow.

Shoes...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76397 on: April 15, 2012, 12:18:55 am »

I was under the impression that multiplayer was just one method of many to get the best ending. I wouldn't know, but that was my understanding.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76398 on: April 15, 2012, 12:20:27 am »

I was under the impression that multiplayer was just one method of many to get the best ending. I wouldn't know, but that was my understanding.
The war score thingemy doesn't actually affect anything.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76399 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:05 am »

...does that count as a spoiler?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #76400 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:42 am »

Spoilers don't exist man.  Especially when you most care about it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76401 on: April 15, 2012, 12:24:50 am »

Since when was this a meme? D:

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76402 on: April 15, 2012, 12:25:12 am »

Not that shit again.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #76403 on: April 15, 2012, 12:25:32 am »

That's good to hear.  I had heard that you had to play multiplayer to get your galactic war score or whatever high enough to get the best ending.  I figured it'd be like

Spoiler: ME2 spoilers (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76404 on: April 15, 2012, 12:29:39 am »

Nope, they may have originally been intended for it to have an effect, but apart from doing certain side missions giving you the ability to talk to characters right before the end, none of the stuff that raises war score actually has any effect on the ending.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #76405 on: April 15, 2012, 12:34:12 am »

I've tried Parmeggiano cheese, and it's rather tasty.

I STILL prefer Idiazabal, but then again I'm partial. Everyone tends to lean towards whichever cheese or wine is more common where he lives.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #76406 on: April 15, 2012, 12:48:01 am »

That's possible, but I was in high school before I fully comprehended that "American" wasn't really cheese. I've since found that ripened cheeses, particularly triple creme varieties and camembert, are the best to me. Can't speak to wine, though, not much of what I've had is Iowan. The best, though, was almost certainly not, but I've yet to find another bottle of that magnificent aged riesling. So sweet and thick, it was basically like drinking pecan pie. Yes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76407 on: April 15, 2012, 12:53:53 am »

"Everyone tends" being the big qualifier there, heh. I'm... honestly not really sure what kind of cheese is regularly made in this area, but most of the stuff I've tasted claiming to be American cheese is at best subpar. Most of my cheese tasting experience has been with the cheap stuff, though :-\

I... don't actually know what the hell American cheese is, going by Baug's post.

I can only pseudo-barely tell the difference between most cheeses, really. They're all tasty to me, but th'only major difference that's really managed to stick with me is "Is or is not heavily pasturized." The latter being edible, but barely.

Cheese makes me pretty happy. Put it in damn near everything. Wouldn't mind trying more and higher quality/more diverse kinds, but cost :-\

Don't drink alcohol, but they don't really make wine to any major degree in this area. Scupanon (which is apparently a species of grape native to the region, checking on it), peach, and pear are the only ones I can recall hearing of. Maybe raspberry and blackberry, too... probably strawberry, too. Okay, yeah, being fair, if it's a fruit in this area folks have probably made alcohol from it. Eh. But yeah, south-east US is better known for moonshine than anything else. Which kills people, whee. I mean, more directly than your normal sorts of alcohol.

Had number of ancestors and family, some still alive, that did a bit of moonshine running, heh, years before I was born.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76408 on: April 15, 2012, 12:58:45 am »

That's possible, but I was in high school before I fully comprehended that "American" wasn't really cheese. I've since found that ripened cheeses, particularly triple creme varieties and camembert, are the best to me. Can't speak to wine, though, not much of what I've had is Iowan. The best, though, was almost certainly not, but I've yet to find another bottle of that magnificent aged riesling. So sweet and thick, it was basically like drinking pecan pie. Yes.

What do you mean American isn't cheese?

I watched the "How it's made" and everything...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #76409 on: April 15, 2012, 01:02:04 am »

Oh, it's just heavily processed to reduce cost and improve meltability. Mostly by mixing it with oil and flour; basically, it's Velveeta. Melting it results in a sauce, rather than a stringy goo. It's not really cheese (hence all the "processed cheese food" stuff), but it's definitely got its uses. I don't mean to claim it's inherently worse, it's just in a different, but related category as far as I'm concerned, and one that is primarily for texture rather than flavor. Although there's a certain allure to the flavor of mac and cheese made with the stuff.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5092 5093 [5094] 5095 5096 ... 13325