Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5075 5076 [5077] 5078 5079 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15765070 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)] BURRITOTOWN!? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #76140 on: April 10, 2012, 08:44:48 pm »

Extra sharp cheddar! Yesssss.

EDIT: Also, MacGyver'd  duck sauce was a partial success. While this tastes nothing like duck sauce and is quite thin, it's pretty delicious and I may have to make it again, with some sort of thickening. And sriracha.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76141 on: April 10, 2012, 08:45:21 pm »

Playing Cataclysm.

Ramming a truck through a building and crushing a dozen zombies to death is more fun than it has any right to be
There are vehicles now?!!?!?!?!?!
Mod link in my signature
*Hugs*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76142 on: April 10, 2012, 09:31:05 pm »

I'm happy that I've gotten my sister into playing Godhand, but it's painful watching her play! She's so bad and not receptive to my advice.

One odd thing that has come out of it though is that watching her play the game badly has actually allowed me to learn things I never knew about the game! She just does things I'd never have thought of doing in all my experience playing it, so even though I thought I knew everything about it, turns out I was wrong!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76143 on: April 10, 2012, 09:38:09 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76144 on: April 10, 2012, 09:38:28 pm »

I'm happy that I've gotten my sister into playing Godhand, but it's painful watching her play! She's so bad and not receptive to my advice.

One odd thing that has come out of it though is that watching her play the game badly has actually allowed me to learn things I never knew about the game! She just does things I'd never have thought of doing in all my experience playing it, so even though I thought I knew everything about it, turns out I was wrong!
Let her play as she does. Still, gotta love the various god-roulette moves you can pull off. Plus the whole ending credits and all. And the difficulty increasing/decreasing on how well you play.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76145 on: April 10, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »

Supposedly that's the secret behind "beginner's luck": a newbie doesn't know how something is supposed to be "properly" done, and will do things that a more experienced person simply won't expect or think of.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76146 on: April 10, 2012, 09:45:05 pm »

Your technique is terrible why can't I win against it??

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76147 on: April 10, 2012, 09:46:06 pm »

Your technique is terrible why can't I win against it??
Your technique is awesome why am I winning against it anyway?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76148 on: April 10, 2012, 09:47:36 pm »

Supposedly that's the secret behind "beginner's luck": a newbie doesn't know how something is supposed to be "properly" done, and will do things that a more experienced person simply won't expect or think of.
Exactly; a novice soldier is far more dangerous to a master than a mediocre one (or another master) simply because they won't act logically, and thus can't be predicted. The medieval-military aspect is one of the older applications of the concept, but it carries over to pretty much anything, in that a complete newcomer doesn't have any idea of what the "best" methods are, and can act unpredictably. It isn't even always a matter of innovation or 'fresh eyes bring new ideas', so much as pure surprise because something which would normally be so stupid, foolish, or inefficient as to be automatically rejected by someone with experience can often work against an opponent who has prepared their defense to counter the standard or logical methods of attack.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #76149 on: April 10, 2012, 09:52:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unless you face a master of drunken martial arts.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76150 on: April 10, 2012, 09:54:48 pm »

Unless you face a master of drunken martial arts.

Alcoholism: For fun and pleasure?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76151 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »

I love how movies always show "hacking" or other assorted computer wizardry in some kind of graphical wonderland (like the infamous "UNIX" system in Jurassic Park) with progress bars and timers and whatnot, but the best way to get someone's jaw to drop and have them mutter something like "You people are gods" still remains pulling up a command prompt and fixing a problem entirely by typing arcane command-line stuff with lots of flags and switches.  ;D
reminds me of something I found ages ago online (acn't find the link :() which was a  comparison of movie hacking, and real life hacking.

movie hacking: maybe if I can initiaite the subroutines in the... damn! he's locked me out!

IRL hacking: 'hello, this is bob, from your internet service provider!'

Damn it, now I want to redownload my old copy of Uplink: Hacker Elite.

...The only game I ever felt badass for playing at work. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76152 on: April 10, 2012, 11:17:54 pm »

Considering futures.

My futures, to be precise. Trying to decide if I want to go to college or the military.

If I go military, I'll need to work out more. Which means less internet. And less soda.

I do like soda.

And yes, I am basing a major life decision around the fact that I am addicted to coke.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76153 on: April 11, 2012, 12:23:42 am »

I love how movies always show "hacking" or other assorted computer wizardry in some kind of graphical wonderland (like the infamous "UNIX" system in Jurassic Park) with progress bars and timers and whatnot, but the best way to get someone's jaw to drop and have them mutter something like "You people are gods" still remains pulling up a command prompt and fixing a problem entirely by typing arcane command-line stuff with lots of flags and switches.  ;D
reminds me of something I found ages ago online (acn't find the link :() which was a  comparison of movie hacking, and real life hacking.

movie hacking: maybe if I can initiaite the subroutines in the... damn! he's locked me out!

IRL hacking: 'hello, this is bob, from your internet service provider!'

Damn it, now I want to redownload my old copy of Uplink: Hacker Elite.

...The only game I ever felt badass for playing at work. :P

I remember that game! I was doing really well, until I decided I was going to cheat on some of my "take down this mainframe" missions by releasing the beta version of Revelation on them instead. Oh the first few times it worked out great, until I accidentally ran it locally...

Shit. Shit. Shitshitshit.

Then the second time through I decided to hack a bank since I hadn't done that before, and it would give me enough internet moneys to basically breeze through the rest of the game. I guess I didn't cover my trail well enough. The worst part is to this day I have no idea where Uplink keeps it's saves, so restoring a screwed up game is completely.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #76154 on: April 11, 2012, 02:04:41 am »

Woo.  I can vote and whatever now.
Pages: 1 ... 5075 5076 [5077] 5078 5079 ... 13325