Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5067 5068 [5069] 5070 5071 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755109 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #76020 on: April 08, 2012, 11:49:30 pm »

The Amateur (aka Ham) radio bands are so funny to listen to (I have a license, but I hardly ever talk...just listen).

Just now I am listening to a couple of old guys talking about how the gravy was at Easter dinner, and somehow making a whole conversation about it.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #76021 on: April 08, 2012, 11:58:51 pm »

Holy crap, I usually don't even cry at funerals let alone during movies, but that was definitely not happy thread material.
And that is precisely why it is such a great film. Most movies that try to be sad leave you with, at best, a mild thought of 'huh, that was sad.' Whereas Grave of the Fireflies leaves you unable to stop crying.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #76022 on: April 09, 2012, 12:13:40 am »

I just spent an hour drinking plum wine and hashing out the logistics of a spherical portal. I think we've worked out something that is theoretically possible to pass through without dying, but possibly only at great speed. A side effect is that each particle composing you has its velocity and position rotated 180 degrees relative to the surface of the portal at the particular point it enters, which means you have to make sure the components of them that aren't parallel are as tiny as possible to minimize the chance of accidental fusion and/or tearing apart. If we've thought this through correctly.

EDIT: What the jegus fuck it does to images, I'm still not quite sure. My intuition-based hypothesis is extreme soft-focus.

The idea is that any object passing through exits the antipodal side of the sphere.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:35:00 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #76023 on: April 09, 2012, 12:23:53 am »

I miss the fallout 3 system and wish Skyrim was more like it. Plus side: this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5k6gOw8ReE&feature=relmfu
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #76024 on: April 09, 2012, 12:32:19 am »

Speaking of Fallout, I just got back to playing DF using one of the latest versions of the Wasteland Mod. I forgot how fun DF was. Got a pretty decent setup for just 1 year's progress.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #76025 on: April 09, 2012, 12:51:56 am »

OT: Guy next door apparently celebrates Easter by listening to a musical about Moses. I had to work pretty hard to keep my laughter down.
Prince of Egypt?

Also, Alan Wake was awesome, but yeah, more suspenseful than flat-out scary.  Not that that stops me from getting scared going outside at night now.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76026 on: April 09, 2012, 01:31:02 am »

Ran through Celu Tower with a Silver plate in Shin Megami Tensei Imagine, despite the boss and his minions, Odin and like 6 Sleipnirs, being twice my level. Thanks, sis.

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #76028 on: April 09, 2012, 03:04:31 am »

I don't know what the fuck obsidian did. But unlike nearly any other game like these I got back into New Vegas and it feels just as awesome as the first time after a nice break. Oh yes.

Plus I still have quests and paths I haven't done yet. So refreshing experiences all round.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76029 on: April 09, 2012, 03:26:42 am »

I don't know what the fuck obsidian did. But unlike nearly any other game like these I got back into New Vegas and it feels just as awesome as the first time after a nice break. Oh yes.

Plus I still have quests and paths I haven't done yet. So refreshing experiences all round.

Hopefully Fallout 4 will be as good. With it being on the Creation engine from Skyrim, it may be decently aesthetically pleasing as well.

Mm, aesthetics.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76030 on: April 09, 2012, 03:44:29 am »

The programming software my teacher is makes us use is called MatLab. My primary problem with it is that it has to be purchased in order to use, and the only stations available for use in my school close after 10pm.

Today, however, a fellow student of mine cued me in to a free program that basically does the same things, FREEMat! All hail freemat! Make me forever happy!

MatLab is widely used professionally so it's not an obscure choice by your teacher. This FreeMat thing does seem to cover the bases for school purposes though, the strength of MatLab is in the hellishly expensive addon packages.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76031 on: April 09, 2012, 04:48:39 am »

A friend finally got a job, not sure what kind of job but it's good, she's been looking for one for ages :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #76032 on: April 09, 2012, 04:55:01 am »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:08 pm by penguinofhonor »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76033 on: April 09, 2012, 10:13:28 am »

Going to be driving out and handing out resumes today with my new car. I actually feel a wee bit nervous gotta say.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76034 on: April 09, 2012, 10:42:23 am »

Going to be driving out and handing out resumes today with my new car. I actually feel a wee bit nervous gotta say.
PROTIP: Don't try to drive and hand out resumes at the same time. Stop the car first, then hand out resumes. Safety First!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 5067 5068 [5069] 5070 5071 ... 13325