Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4945 4946 [4947] 4948 4949 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15741869 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #74190 on: March 17, 2012, 07:49:32 am »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #74191 on: March 17, 2012, 08:33:40 am »

I want to become dictator. After outlawing corporations and mass-murdering their lobbyists, I will ban suburbia, put most of the country's major cities on individual currencies, sign the Schengen Accords, and put a $10 tax on gasoline not being used for mass transit. I will also restrict the franchise to mathematicians, historians, logicians and scientists. I will, finally operate several fleets of black helicopters whose sole purpose is to fly around and make people paranoid that I'm going to institute the New World Order; this will amuse me.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:46:40 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74192 on: March 17, 2012, 10:01:38 am »

Happy Saint Patrick's Day, everybody!
Urrgh...Paddys day.
I hate staying in dublin for it.
The parades are nice but the antisocial element of Irish society take this oppertunity to drink heavily and make themselves visible.
You can find packs of these drunken fools roaming the streets daring each other to ever greater acts of stupidy and vandalism for most of today.
And even then most of the more decent people who would normaly regin them in are knocking back the alcohol themselves.
To put it another way any day where more than 30% of the population drink themselves stupid at the same time is never a good day.
That said Paddy's day is much nicer out in the more rural areas where everybody knows each other so there's few problems and the guards don't get overstretched.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #74193 on: March 17, 2012, 10:20:01 am »

One of my friends has this ridiculous orange spray tan (he got a job at a tanning place so apparently he had to get it) and I've been comparing him to John Boehner all day.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74194 on: March 17, 2012, 10:35:40 am »

I played Dragon Quest recently. Number 4, to be specific. It's quite good, if a bit grindy.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #74195 on: March 17, 2012, 10:38:39 am »

Weekends, fuck yeah 8)
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74196 on: March 17, 2012, 11:16:10 am »

I want to become dictator. After outlawing corporations and mass-murdering their lobbyists, I will ban suburbia, put most of the country's major cities on individual currencies, sign the Schengen Accords, and put a $10 tax on gasoline not being used for mass transit. I will also restrict the franchise to mathematicians, historians, logicians and scientists. I will, finally operate several fleets of black helicopters whose sole purpose is to fly around and make people paranoid that I'm going to institute the New World Order; this will amuse me.

But how will you be able to afford the fuel? I guess public transport helicopters would be pretty cool.
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74197 on: March 17, 2012, 11:30:39 am »

Case 3-2 is one of the best cases... zvarri!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #74198 on: March 17, 2012, 12:21:46 pm »

Case 3-2 is one of the best cases... zvarri!
Zvarri!  The truth has been elegantly revealed to me!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:24:46 pm by ToonyMan »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74199 on: March 17, 2012, 12:37:25 pm »

So, the other day, I was riding the bus home from work, when, at the a stop in front of a large shopping center, the driver rides up on the curb and blows out a tire, requiring everyone to get off the bus. I try calling for a ride, but it turns out, my mom took my stepdad to have a minor surgical procedure to kill several nerves in his neck. I had to walk most of the way home(parents caught up with me), and my feet were already hurting, since I was wearing bootleg combat boots(see below).

Why Happy Thread? Because the GameStop I normally go to was right there at that stop, so I went in, and picked up Radiata Stories for $10. From the two hours I've played so far, worth it!.

Also, the same day, I was able to push an overfilled dumpster by myself, except for a small uphill part I almost had when someone finally came to help, while the two guys who were supposed to be helping me move it were inside being [bigoted language removed](they're the two guys with the same head-ass shoving). And when I was walking home, I was able to dash across a particularly wide(and dangerous) intersection of a particularly wide(and dangerous) highway without getting tired(or hit by a car).
So, huzzah for not being as wimpy as I thought I was.

I also got a pair of these seemingly counterfeit(albeit very good fakes) boots. The story I was told was that some guys were making these illegally, and the cops shut them down, and they donated 600-something pairs to the charity I slave work for. So far, I can't tell if they're really good fakes, or simply bootlegged. Assuming they're not as fake as I'm led to believe they are, they're designed to be used by EMTs so that they don't get sick from walking through possibly infected blood. If that's true, then I now have proper footwear for the zombie apocalypse.

On the topic of Pokémon and inferred backstories, here's a picture I found on /vp/. It's rather interesting:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll admit though, some parts of it make more sense than other parts.
Mind = Blown. Although I always thought there was more physical similarities between Charizard, Aerodactyl, and Dragonite. Considering in the cartoon, Ash's Charizard would fight only: other fire-types, Aerodactyl(spefically, Charmeleon evolved solely to fight it), and Dragonite(although at the point it battled Dragonite, I think it was loyal to Ash anyway and would fight anything he sent it at). Charizard refused all other battles, even at one point getting Ash disqualified from the Pokemon League. Obviously, there has to be some relationship between at least Charizard and Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl had to go extinct somehow, and the other fossil Pokemon had a reason to die out.

That's what she said. ;)
Actually, a 60's Japanese series I'm now a fan of, Ultraman, also seems to be pretty modern. One of Science Patrol's members, Fuji, is a woman.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:28:30 pm by ThreeToe »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #74200 on: March 17, 2012, 12:48:32 pm »

I'm playing the second Mata Nui Online Game (offline, because the original online game is no longer online). This game was so much fun back in the day, but I was never able to complete it because it was too buggy. But apparently some fans or something fixed it up, so hopefully I'll be able to make it all the way through.

I just love the aesthetic of Mata Nui, with it's Polynesian-inspired culture and rampant use of bamboopunk. Enough writing, must get back to awesome game.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74201 on: March 17, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »

And now Gumshoe has caught Mask☆DeMasque. Now he can join the other characters as an Ace. One could even say he is an...

Ace Dick.

I'm playing the second Mata Nui Online Game (offline, because the original online game is no longer online). This game was so much fun back in the day, but I was never able to complete it because it was too buggy. But apparently some fans or something fixed it up, so hopefully I'll be able to make it all the way through.

I just love the aesthetic of Mata Nui, with it's Polynesian-inspired culture and rampant use of bamboopunk. Enough writing, must get back to awesome game.
The first game was awesome.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #74202 on: March 17, 2012, 01:16:09 pm »

The first game was awesome.
I cannot disagree with you there, because it is impossible to say that a game that includes lavaboarding is not awesome.

Meanwhile, MNOG II turns out to not be without bugs, as I learned when I beat Ono-Koro with a duplicate Kohlii ball. Still, I haven't actually encountered anything that's actually game-breaking as of yet.

Also, this post contains no shortage of double-negatives.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:18:07 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74203 on: March 17, 2012, 01:23:00 pm »

while the two guys who were supposed to be helping me move it were inside being gay for Jesus(they're the two guys with the same head-ass shoving).
Wait, wut?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74204 on: March 17, 2012, 01:33:31 pm »

Oh God, I remember that!  I never gave a shit about Bionicle, but that was a great little puzzle game.  I gotta check this out, especially if there's a download for the original somewhere.

Now if only I could find that Mindstorms game about crashlanding on Planet X... I wished I'd saved it when I had the chance, I remember they put it back on the website in like 2005.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 4945 4946 [4947] 4948 4949 ... 13325