Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4892 4893 [4894] 4895 4896 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764790 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #73395 on: March 07, 2012, 02:29:42 pm »

What? My internet's working fine again? All I had to do was unplug my router? I thought I already did that! And here I was stumped for three weeks.

EDIT: Wait, wait wait... nevermind.  :-\ :-[ >:( :( :'(

You getting random slow downs or something? I had that happen to me before and nothing I did seemed to fix it. Eventually it went away though.

Just randomly, pages won't load, or they'll load broken, and youtube videos will fail to load, and youtube pages will do this odd thing where the entire screen turns black except for the video and I have to wait for it to stop before I can do anything in the browser.

When it wants to work, it'll work fine, but when it doesn't, it won't work at all.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #73396 on: March 07, 2012, 02:31:25 pm »

Hey, uh, I know there's a lot of overlap between readership of the Things That Made You X, so I'd hold off on visiting the sad thread until after Toady signs in. A shock image is the most recent post as of the writing this post.

EDIT: This isn't actually happy, it's just the most productive thing I can think to do other than report.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:33:29 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73397 on: March 07, 2012, 02:38:49 pm »

Or just add Toadburger to your ignore list, which I did when Cthulhu mentioned him.
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #73398 on: March 07, 2012, 02:41:58 pm »

I was dazzled for a moment, a few seconds went by before I even realized what the fuck I was looking at.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #73399 on: March 07, 2012, 02:48:09 pm »

Or just add Toadburger to your ignore list, which I did when Cthulhu mentioned him.
Huh, I didn't even think of that. I've never had cause to use it before, but here we are.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73400 on: March 07, 2012, 03:14:49 pm »

Regarding the Battletech talk I made a thread for us in Other Games.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #73401 on: March 07, 2012, 03:19:20 pm »

On a different note, i don't think the word "gronkolitos" has ever been used on the internet. The only google results are posts of mine at the time of this post. :U

And on an even cooler note, yesterday i posted the gameplay video of my game on Facebook, where my friends over at uni can see it. That in and of itself is a huge step for me (because low self-esteem), but that ain't the coolest part: One of said friends came up to me and was all "hoy bro that game you're making looks sweet". This has given my confidence a major boost. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #73402 on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:41 pm »

I've run out of work, partly due to performing miracles of coding.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73403 on: March 07, 2012, 05:18:58 pm »

I'm having a good day. I picked up a scratch card and won $20. I bought another and won $10. I almost always win the scratch cards I pick. No idea why.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73404 on: March 07, 2012, 06:20:05 pm »

Toady One is on.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73405 on: March 07, 2012, 06:33:08 pm »

Toadburger's gone. That was quick.
Moderation Log's not even updated yet.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73406 on: March 07, 2012, 06:57:23 pm »

Generally he doesn't bother putting it in the log for someone who's posted literally nothing but obviously bad posts (eg adbots).

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73407 on: March 07, 2012, 07:00:23 pm »

Toadburger's gone. That was quick.
Moderation Log's not even updated yet.
I got on after this ended. That's nice.
The Moderation Log is only for well-known members - the ones that will be noticed/missed, and need an explanation for their disappearance.

In other happy: My limbs, they are noodles. I worked out to a reasonable degree. I just hope that five minutes of jogging isn't enough to mess up my knee(s); after running a short distance a few days ago, I couldn't even walk without limping. My feet are humorously flat.
EDIT: And I guess I would've been on early enough if I hadn't gone to exercise. Heh.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:06:52 pm by Lectorog »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73408 on: March 07, 2012, 07:25:32 pm »

Okay, so it turns out that my epiphany wasn't as big as I thought it was, but I get a lot more concepts related to OOP now. I don't get it all (damned polymorphism,) but probably enough to actually do something useful once we get into the graphics part of the class.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73409 on: March 07, 2012, 08:20:21 pm »

Things that made me happy today:
Toadburger's gone.

I just finished my first Pratchett book and I did it in fewer than 8 hours (total time spent reading)
(Gaurds! Gaurds! in case you're wondering. Any suggestions on what to read next?
I'm considering Hogfather, as I hear that Death is the main character, and I quite enjoy him, but I'm not sure.)

Watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan for the first time. (Well, it did make me happy until things got depressing; currently on episode 8 or 9, can't quite remember which.)

I have the time to think again after that weekend of busy-ness.

I have Lady Grey Tea in stock again.

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: 1 ... 4892 4893 [4894] 4895 4896 ... 13325