Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4888 4889 [4890] 4891 4892 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768558 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #73335 on: March 06, 2012, 04:34:24 pm »

Are we talking about Pokemon again? It's been so long since I played it, but it does bring a smile to my face seeing Dutchling come into something that's been nostalgia for me for most of my life.

Dutchling, is it possible you could do a forum Let's Play of the rest of your first run through the game? That would be awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73336 on: March 06, 2012, 04:38:32 pm »

The more pokemon games you play, the more types you end up with, and the less interesting bugs there are. (look at this after you've finished Blue) Also other changes, like making fire punch a physical attack and dethroning Psychic-types from their formerly unmovable position of OP-ness in any kind of competition.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #73337 on: March 06, 2012, 04:40:27 pm »

An AAR? I'm not very sure about that. I probably end up totally forgetting about the whole AAR in a few days. I've also never made one before.

I'll see if I'll make one ore not tomorrow.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #73338 on: March 06, 2012, 04:45:44 pm »

Just played some battle tech Versus Janet. The fight ended up being silly. I don't know if there was any internal devices I didn't break by luck. Though she was playing something with less Build points than I was.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #73339 on: March 06, 2012, 04:46:16 pm »

Water moves make double damage to fire pokemon. Also, pokemon make 1.5 times more damage with moves of their type, so water pokemon using water move makes damage to fire pokemon with following formula: normal damage x1,5 x2. At least thays how I've understood it. Pokemons with double types can have even 4x damage from moves that both of their types are weak against. For example ground and rock are weak against water so ground/rock pokemon takes 4x damage from water, not counting the possible 1.5x multiplier which is same type attack bonus. (water pokemon using water move) This means that dual weakness pokemon need to ve VERY careful if their foe can exploit their weakness, even moreso if the attacking pokemon gets that 1,5 multiplier for being of same type as the move. (Which is called same type attack bonus = STAB)

Resistance work opposite way, 1/2 damage if 1 type of pokemon is resistant towards the type of the attackers move. 1/4 of the normal damage if defending pokemons both types are resistant. If the other type is weak and other resistant then they should negate eachother and defending pokemon takes normal damage.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:49:25 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73340 on: March 06, 2012, 04:47:40 pm »

Just played some battle tech Versus Janet. The fight ended up being silly. I don't know if there was any internal devices I didn't break by luck. Though she was playing something with less Build points than I was.
Custom designs, or you mean build points as in lance composition?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #73341 on: March 06, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »

It was one mech versus another. I forget the names. I was a Cronus something. It effectively had a giant laser and three medium ones, plus some missiles.

Janet was running something similar, but with less armor and one more laser. I wanted to get a hang of the system as is. I think I like energy weapons. Managed to blow both her mechs arms off. And an engine, and both Gyros, as well as half her heat sinks.

Battletech has a downward spiral when it comes to fights, I have come to find. If she managed to hit me in the opening volley, I don't doubt I would have fallen down.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #73342 on: March 06, 2012, 04:56:28 pm »

That reminds me. I need to bug my father for some actual, y'know, rulebooks. Because we don't have nearly enough. We have lots of 'add-ons' and supplements and fluff but I can't find any actual basic rules. This is as problematic as you would expect, ergo, very.

That said. Battletech with B12 sounds rather interesting. XD

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #73343 on: March 06, 2012, 04:58:30 pm »

Hmm, so is battletech is related to mechwarrior games? Other ways than sharing big mechas? When That joystick arrives Im going to play the ever loving ragnarok out of some mechwarrior game.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #73344 on: March 06, 2012, 04:59:42 pm »

Yeah. Mechwarrior is basically Battletech: the video game. Although I personally enjoyed Mechcommander (not sure if it's one word) 2 myself. That's pretty much what you would expect- real-time-tactics stuff. Kinda old, though.

Suffice to say, there have been a decent number of Battletech-based video games over the years.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #73345 on: March 06, 2012, 05:02:56 pm »

Battletech is what the mechwarrior games are based off of. I've only played bits of the second mechwarror however since most of my Battletech video game experience was the first mechcommander. They for the most part share the same overall storylines and they all share the same designs and factions, but the games are inherently non-canon at all times.

I got into the tabletop when I was younger, and this time and the time I played with shadow are roughly the first time I've played in nearly ten years!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73346 on: March 06, 2012, 05:05:43 pm »

Hmm, so is battletech is related to mechwarrior games? Other ways than sharing big mechas? When That joystick arrives Im going to play the ever loving ragnarok out of some mechwarrior game.
Battletech is the hex-based board game that Mechwarrior, MechCommander and all the other stuff grew out of (although concurrent with the video games, Mechwarrior is the official name for the RPG that goes along with Battletech).

The board game has a somewhat different feel to it in that it's turn-based wargaming instead of real-time action. But other than that, they share a whole lot, including setting, designs, weapons, some mechanics (like heat, jump jets, etc.)

the games are inherently non-canon at all times.

Well, sort of....Mechwarrior II's storyline (at least the Clan Wolf part of it) more or less *was* canon. The other games, less so.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73347 on: March 06, 2012, 05:07:53 pm »

Found me a recharger rifle just outside of Goodsprings.
The only bad thing is that it cannot esplode heads :(
*Hugs*

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #73348 on: March 06, 2012, 05:12:11 pm »

Well, sort of....Mechwarrior II's storyline (at least the Clan Wolf part of it) more or less *was* canon. The other games, less so.

Still no. Even if it mostly fits, games arent official canon or the official version of it. It has to be in a novel, sourcebook, or officially published story of some sort.

Seems a bit strict but given how many writers and stuff they have doing all the extra content It's understandable.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #73349 on: March 06, 2012, 05:15:00 pm »

I knew very little of mechwarrior, but I had no idea that battletech even existed! I didnt know mechwarrior originated from tabletop game. I think I played demo of some mechwarrior years ago.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 05:16:37 pm by Johuotar »
Pages: 1 ... 4888 4889 [4890] 4891 4892 ... 13325