Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4840 4841 [4842] 4843 4844 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15807758 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72615 on: February 27, 2012, 10:03:22 pm »

*Busts through door*
The pod racing? Yea I enjoyed it! Heck I had the lego set and played along when I watched at home, it was awesome!
Darth Maul? Scary as fuck! Did you even see that dude, he didn't even talk, he just went through the fucking desert on a hover bike and killed things. Mean ass mother fucker.
Jar Jar? Yea, he was pretty good. I especially liked how in the background he went from being a foolish exile to a respected diplomat without anybody even noticing. Also loved how he got on with droids.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72616 on: February 27, 2012, 10:04:07 pm »

I think it's the perceived racism of Jar Jar that people get all bent-out-of-shape over.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72617 on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:43 pm »

Alas, the poor Gungan people, surpressed by the humans of Naboo...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72618 on: February 27, 2012, 10:06:16 pm »

Jar Jar? Yea, he was pretty good. I especially liked how in the background he went from being a foolish exile to a respected diplomat without anybody even noticing. Also loved how he got on with droids.
He wasn't respected. He was guilt-tripped into proposing the Grand Army by Palpatine, and everyone else agreed because they wanted it as well. Still better than being the scrappy comic relief, of course.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72619 on: February 27, 2012, 10:07:40 pm »

Well they guilt tripped him instead of shooting him. That is diplomat respect, isn't it?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72620 on: February 27, 2012, 10:09:28 pm »

Well they guilt tripped him instead of shooting him. That is diplomat respect, isn't it?
I guess so. Keep in mind though that Palpatine was racist/speciesist (or at least the Empire had those kinds of policies), so it's possible he saw Jar-Jar as a dumb alien ripe for manipulation.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #72621 on: February 27, 2012, 10:10:56 pm »

Everything aside from the trilogies isn't canon, as far as I'm concerned.  PIcking and choosing what is and isn't is silly.

Saberstaffs are pretty cool I guess, but they're still permanently tainted by Dorth Mol.

The prequels are supposed to be a character piece about Anakin and how he became Darth Vader, but he's not as good of a character as Luke.  You can relate to Luke.  Did anyone not cheer when Obi-Wan chopped Anakin the fuck up at the end?

I liked the pod racing as a kid because I was a kid and it was cool.  It was completely unnecessary story-wise, and as we all know there's only one person who can put plot-unnecessary content in a movie and make it good
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72622 on: February 27, 2012, 10:17:05 pm »

I liked the pod racing as a kid because I was a kid and it was cool.  It was completely unnecessary story-wise, and as we all know there's only one person who can put plot-unnecessary content in a movie and make it good

Fair point.  I guess it's a question of, if you're going to lose a movie, Episode I is worth losing, since there's so little of it that matters to the plot of the series that isn't covered elsewhere.

And now I'm picturing Tarantino making operatic sci-fi and I weep.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72623 on: February 27, 2012, 10:18:07 pm »

Which Clone Wars animated series? The neato actiony first one, the currently-on-Cartoon Network one, or the movie?
The first two.  They are well-made for the type and audience they're made for, but they contradict many already established things on a regular basis, or throw in things like a giant flying hammer that's obviously impractical as opposed to something that's impractical, but looks perfectly practical until you actually think hard about it or do some research.

I think it's the perceived racism of Jar Jar that people get all bent-out-of-shape over.
I actually haven't heard that one before, elaborate please?

I guess so. Keep in mind though that Palpatine was racist/speciesist (or at least the Empire had those kinds of policies), so it's possible he saw Jar-Jar as a dumb alien ripe for manipulation.
That's my view personally.

Everything aside from the trilogies isn't canon, as far as I'm concerned.  PIcking and choosing what is and isn't is silly.
It is silly, but the books were the ones to first fill in a lot of background info and so the large majority of the fandom considers them canon over any other source besides the movies of course, not only because they were first, but also historically they have been much better made than other sources.  And as I said, I at least view it as a fun little non-serious thing to quibble over, I can't say anything about anyone else though...
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72624 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:07 pm »

IMO consider anything "canon" that makes the story personally better for you, and throw out anything else.

No further distinction needs to be made.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72625 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23:50 pm »

The version I hear most frequently is that Jar-Jar (or his voice, at least) is stereotypically Italian.

And I agree with kaijyuu. Some of the books are really quite amazing.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72626 on: February 27, 2012, 10:24:24 pm »

That he's a racist caricature of black people.

Though I haven't heard the Italian one.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72627 on: February 27, 2012, 10:25:52 pm »

The only other thing Episode 1 was good for was the Pod Racing. It spawned a pretty fun racing game for the PC and N64 that actually felt like you were racing at the speed of sound. Sorta makes me wish there was an HD remake of that game for the 360 or something. I mean, especially if you had the ability to further customize the pod racer itself (aesthetically, since the parts is throughout the game), add a multiplayer racing community, and much fun can be had online.

I think that's all I can really contribute about episode 1, besides the final battle between the jedis and Darth Maul was cool to look at (since it was mostly choreographed and not as much CG'd) before the other episodes' jedi battles started looking like a cartoon or anime.

And I agree with kaijyuu. Some of the books are really quite amazing.
The Thrawn Trilogy, I heard, was pretty awesome. At least, from the tropes page and what I knew from playing Tie Fighter, Thrawn is just hardcore badass.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:31:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72628 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:24 pm »

That he's a racist caricature of black people.

Though I haven't heard the Italian one.
I never heard of the black one :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72629 on: February 27, 2012, 10:29:14 pm »

I never heard either.
He is just your typical gungan that was too dumb to die, so they told him to GTFO until they realised that by being too dumb to die, he was in fact indestructible, thus perfect for high risk jobs.
Pages: 1 ... 4840 4841 [4842] 4843 4844 ... 13326