Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4729 4730 [4731] 4732 4733 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764418 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70950 on: February 08, 2012, 03:25:19 pm »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70951 on: February 08, 2012, 03:26:52 pm »

Nah, I mean reply to the reply.

For example, you quoting a reply to this post.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70952 on: February 08, 2012, 03:39:28 pm »

It is a surprisingly long grace period. It may go up to a minute considering how ballsy I've been with it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70953 on: February 08, 2012, 03:42:36 pm »

It is a surprisingly long grace period. It may go up to a minute considering how ballsy I've been with it.
It's longer than a minute.  I'd gauge around two minutes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70954 on: February 08, 2012, 03:43:26 pm »

Posting FOR SCIENCE.

Test 1: one minute

Test 2: 90 secs
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:44:57 pm by Darvi »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70955 on: February 08, 2012, 03:45:35 pm »

Yeah 90 seconds sounds about right.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70956 on: February 08, 2012, 03:45:53 pm »

Looks like it's no more than a minute.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70957 on: February 08, 2012, 03:56:54 pm »

Actually, it's whenever the forum server clock says it's the next minute.  Meaning you have between 1 and 60 seconds.

What always bites me is when I make an edit, and it's not caught, then I see something else that I need to edit, and the forum chokes on the traffic and doesn't register for like a minute and then says its edited.  And I'm like, damn.

Anywhoozle, I'm playing Bastion again.  I'd forgotten how fun this game is, and how it's fun enough to overcoming the Proving Grounds being maddeningly irritating.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70958 on: February 08, 2012, 03:58:11 pm »

I found my bracelet. Yay.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70959 on: February 08, 2012, 03:59:19 pm »

I've given up caring and just accepted I am awful at proofreading. The times it really hurts is when I've said something or made a certain point and then realized how wrong and stupid that point is and I desperately need to edit it. That's when the system will stuff up for me, I guarantee it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #70960 on: February 08, 2012, 03:59:40 pm »

I got hired! I'm about to enter the world of CS and entry level database management at a small IT company. The pay isn't great, but it's the most I've ever made in my life, and having a job again feels great. After getting out of college and going down the rabbit hole of long-term unemployment, I feel like I can actually start enjoying myself again without feeling guilty as hell. And hopefully the job will dovetail learning more coding so I can start making progress there as well.

I haven't felt a lot to be genuinely happy about for a while, but I feel pretty damn good right now. Tomorrow I start making sure I'm an asset to them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70961 on: February 08, 2012, 04:02:13 pm »

I got hired! I'm about to enter the world of CS and entry level database management at a small IT company. The pay isn't great, but it's the most I've ever made in my life, and having a job again feels great. After getting out of college and going down the rabbit hole of long-term unemployment, I feel like I can actually start enjoying myself again without feeling guilty as hell. And hopefully the job will dovetail learning more coding so I can start making progress there as well.

I haven't felt a lot to be genuinely happy about for a while, but I feel pretty damn good right now. Tomorrow I start making sure I'm an asset to them.
Awesome bro you finally hit it, try to hook me up down the road in a couple of years ;D

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70962 on: February 08, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »

Congratulations! Welcome to the world of being able to buy whatever you want!

Go to a dairy queen and order a blizzard, when they ask what size you want you can slam a 20 down on the table and say "LARGE please"  And they will actually give you one.   

It is glorious!  You don't even have to finish it all!  You can just lick it once without even picking it up, say somethig along the lines of "That was excellent thank you very much" and walk away leaving it on the counter!*

*Of course that is a horrible waste of a blizzard and I would hate you for it, but it's possible.

EDIT: New page context.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:20:06 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #70963 on: February 08, 2012, 04:34:10 pm »

My favorite was standing with the front door of the house wide open to the snow and a heater on full blast

"I'm paying the electric bill now, so I can do this if I want."
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #70964 on: February 08, 2012, 04:39:03 pm »

Congratulations!

Database work isn't all that exciting, but it does pay better than most other IT jobs in the long run. So I'd recommend learning as much as you can about it. Especially if you can manage to get some experience doing data modeling. That's a rare skill and often in high demand.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4729 4730 [4731] 4732 4733 ... 13325