Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4697 4698 [4699] 4700 4701 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755414 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70470 on: January 31, 2012, 10:12:02 pm »

I have given myself the pseudonym of "Rikki Lintu".

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70471 on: January 31, 2012, 10:14:17 pm »

Any significants to it?
I gave myself the online pseudonym of 'Max White' because I saw it on a laundry powder ad.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70472 on: January 31, 2012, 10:16:05 pm »

I have given myself the pseudonym of "Rikki Lintu".
The first thing I thought of when I saw that was Rikki Tikki Tavi.
Then that reminded me of Kiki.
Then that reminded me that I'm still only on year six of Sluggy Freelance.
And now I'm going to be tempted to start reading it again all of the rest of tonight.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #70473 on: January 31, 2012, 10:32:32 pm »

Then that reminded me of Kiki.

This reminds me to put the fork in the garbage disposal.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #70474 on: January 31, 2012, 10:47:55 pm »

@Truean - That's fantastical. Absolutely fantastical.

Today the Physics II class (including myself) got to finalize our plans for a second-semester final project. A friend and I are both making instruments to investigate harmonics and the physics of sound, while simultaneously planning to use our finished products for a Science Olympiad competition. From what I saw last year, the standard duet was some kind of horn for the treble and a shitty-to-average xylophone for the bass part.

Last year, he made a pretty good wooden ocarina, and I made a horrendous PVC xylophone, nicknamed 'The Golly G'. The Golly G was so named because we were surprised it made any recognizable notes, much less the G# scale it was intended to play. My partner is a really talented musician, and so was his original partner. Then his partner dropped out of the whole shebang without warning two days before the competition, not having made anything for his instrument. During school the next day, I gathered three of my friends from Physics to make something that could play the requisite 8 notes. We found a shitload of rectangular tri-section PVC pipe, calculated the right lengths to get the natural frequencies we needed for the notes, and went at it with a rusty hacksaw in a supply room for three hours straight. When we emerged, we had the most ridiculous looking xylophone I have ever seen. I'm no percussionist, so I wrote the names of the notes on the 'keys'. 'Good Golly it's G#!' and 'Holy F, Batman!' among them. The keys hung from some old twine threaded between the outer partitions of each key and duct taped to a broom handle up top. The mallets were glass stirring rods with rubber stoppers on the ends.

This year, I resolved to make an instrument that sounded more like an instrument, instead of smashing rubber on PVC at particular frequencies. I'm making a goddamn bagpipe, and it will be glorious! I've already made the chanter, and am working on the drones now. My partner is making a PVC french horn. We are going to rock the socks off of the creativity division. The piece we'll be performing will be Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner. I've convinced my brother to come along to film this if he can. It will be glorious.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70475 on: January 31, 2012, 10:52:23 pm »

vids or it didn't happen

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70476 on: January 31, 2012, 10:54:07 pm »

My dad is a rabid right wing nut, which is just as bad as the left wing nut. He repeats endless rants to anyone he can force to listen to him. I have them memorized, it's boring. I'm in no mood for it.

Just to screw with his head, tonight I passionately argued for the British Monarchy system of rule as the best ever. I played it straight and passionately advocated that the King's way was the best way. He had no idea what to do. None of his stock "liberal v. conservative," ranting applied. He was quite dumbfounded. Fox News has not brainwashed him for this particular situation. :P

Me: "There's a reason God made superior people and put them in Monarchies."
Dad: "Who's superior?"
Me: "The King...."

It was a hilarious shake up to the overly predictable, drawn out discussion rant he has with at me while I try to get away or desperately try to change the subject.. It also ended far sooner than usual with, by definition, less ranting from him. I'm far happier having spent less time with him as he rants tonight, and could give a shit less about politics. I actually got him to change the subject and talk about anything at all besides politics! :D :D :D :D Mission accomplished!

Less time getting ranted at, yay!

Your move old man, let's see what you do with this....

Ooh, next time you could go with Technocracy! All hail the Friend Computer!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70477 on: January 31, 2012, 11:00:14 pm »

Fortune Summoners is really starting to grow on me. For a game I had no expectations of to begin with, it's proving itself to be quite the little package of entertainment. What I like most though, is that it's evident that it appeals to my most highly valued game characteristic: to be Hard but Fair.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Sorry if I was being a tad too spoilery.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:10:13 pm by JoshuaFH »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70478 on: January 31, 2012, 11:05:44 pm »

Whoa dude, spoilers!

Anyway, I'm loving the game as well. The combat is very satisfying and intense. I'm not sure why a ten-year-old girl with a sword makes for more exciting combat than a big-budget title like Dragon Age, but it does.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70479 on: January 31, 2012, 11:06:32 pm »

And when you finally finished God Hand, you got one of the best credit sequences ever.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #70480 on: January 31, 2012, 11:07:39 pm »

I finally got this stupid knot to work. Yessssss.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70481 on: January 31, 2012, 11:12:56 pm »

And when you finally finished God Hand, you got one of the best credit sequences ever.
What. the fuck.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70482 on: January 31, 2012, 11:49:49 pm »

Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro, is excellent.  I don't know if I'll end up recommending it in the end, but I can tell you that I was literally hooked from the first sentence, which doesn't happen much with me... and I ended up trying to read it while I walked down the stairs to dinner, until I almost fell down them.  In the end, I read the first 50 pages or so during dinner.  Marvelous.  I still don't know what's going on, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #70483 on: February 01, 2012, 12:49:16 am »

...I just wrote the chorus for Emerald Sword by Rhapsody of Fire for the Baritone Horn, meaning that I can transpose it to bagpipes.

I heard I liked heavy metal, so I put some heavy metal in my heavy metal so that I can rock out while I rock out.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70484 on: February 01, 2012, 01:15:57 am »

...I just wrote the chorus for Emerald Sword by Rhapsody of Fire for the Baritone Horn, meaning that I can transpose it to bagpipes.

I heard I liked heavy metal, so I put some heavy metal in my heavy metal so that I can rock out while I rock out.
I would like to hear you play that before you put it on the bagpipes, please. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4697 4698 [4699] 4700 4701 ... 13325