Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4694 4695 [4696] 4697 4698 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753959 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70425 on: January 31, 2012, 10:41:29 am »

But the question is, if you are ok with 100 and 57, do you still object to 100 and 56?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70426 on: January 31, 2012, 10:59:22 am »

But the question is, if you are ok with 100 and 57, do you still object to 100 and 56?
Depends on the size of the checkbook :P

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #70427 on: January 31, 2012, 11:32:08 am »

We found a really great apartment in north berkeley! Applications in, crossing fingers we get it.

I could cycle to the office again!

In other news, Tea is indeed delightful. I tend to drink standard green tea most of the day. If I need a boost I dip into my Prince of Wales black tea.
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70428 on: January 31, 2012, 11:40:29 am »

Have pissed off counsel for Capital One Credit Cards, 'tis hilarious. They pissed off my boss, so I was actually told on the record to "get them." This never happens; I usually have to restrain myself; evidently not this time. I've put them to task on everything, even the most obscure detail as long as it can legally be said with a straight face. They can't prove their case/filed with just enough errors to have pissed off the judge. You never piss off the judge, ever, its the first rule of law. They did. Half their evidence was thrown out due to procedural errors, including the interest calculation on the credit card payments. They will, of course, appeal, and hell, they might even win, but still.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70429 on: January 31, 2012, 12:00:14 pm »

We found a really great apartment in north berkeley! Applications in, crossing fingers we get it.

o_O  Whoa, we're going to be living in the same city.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #70430 on: January 31, 2012, 12:11:38 pm »

The wonderful fantastic feeling of just having helped my granddad is making me feel better than I have for months.

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #70431 on: January 31, 2012, 12:57:42 pm »

o_O  Whoa, we're going to be living in the same city.

Whoa! We live in Lafayette now, and I work in Emeryville. Once we're all settled in the new place we should all grab a tea!
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70432 on: January 31, 2012, 01:01:34 pm »

Dude, beginning of April we totally need to have a mini bay12 meet.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70434 on: January 31, 2012, 01:45:15 pm »

Just pulled off this recipe with great success despite missing an ingredient (Disturbingly? The bean sprouts.). I think the peanut dressing is going to become a regular fixture.

I've been trying to cook one new Asian recipe a week (I'm obsessed with Asian food but never get to eat out any more). This was the third recipe after the incredibly simple Thai curry (I added egg fried rice which was almost too much given how mild the curry is) and this highly inauthentic chicken lo mein for New Year's (good, but the sauce was incredibly strong and only just came together at the last minute; more buffet than restaurant quality).

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70435 on: January 31, 2012, 01:51:29 pm »

Had a mathematical dream last night... sort of. I don't think it was a Vector style one. In my dream, all the notes in a piece of music were corresponding to equations mapping the movements of a virtual economy, and I manipulated the economy by manipulating the music.

There wasn't much hard math though, probably because I don't know much hard math. I am no mathemancer.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70436 on: January 31, 2012, 02:03:32 pm »

I found out how to randomize my avatar. Now I can be the MEME-KEEPER.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70437 on: January 31, 2012, 02:04:09 pm »

Just pulled off this recipe with great success despite missing an ingredient (Disturbingly? The bean sprouts.). I think the peanut dressing is going to become a regular fixture.

I've been trying to cook one new Asian recipe a week (I'm obsessed with Asian food but never get to eat out any more). This was the third recipe after the incredibly simple Thai curry (I added egg fried rice which was almost too much given how mild the curry is) and this highly inauthentic chicken lo mein for New Year's (good, but the sauce was incredibly strong and only just came together at the last minute; more buffet than restaurant quality).
Sounds yumtastic. My wife followed up on her killer dumplings by making egg rolls with the leftover pork filling and some cabbage and carrots. They were good, but not as good. For one thing, too much meat and not enough cabbage. It was like eating a pork turnover. Plus, the meat was finely ground, which gave the whole thing kind of a mealy texture which was just a little weird. And because she was afraid of overdoing it on the seasonings, the filling was a bit bland. Worked fine in the dumplings, where they matched the delicateness of the dumplings themselves, and the pork flavor was really on display. But with something heavy and slightly oily like an egg roll, they really needed some chili paste or five-spice or something to punch it up. And more cabbage and carrots to give it some crunch.

Oh well, lessons learned.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70438 on: January 31, 2012, 02:04:30 pm »

Lofacade?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70439 on: January 31, 2012, 02:06:36 pm »

So, on a whim, I got a new game that was just released on Steam, Fortune Summoners. Maybe I'm just a huge sucker for this style, but it's actually pretty decent so far.

I was thinking about setting up my livestream, even if it's pitifully low quality, but the game always winds up being a tiny box in the corner and I'm just not sure how to make it stop doing that.
Pages: 1 ... 4694 4695 [4696] 4697 4698 ... 13325