Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4688 4689 [4690] 4691 4692 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754052 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70335 on: January 30, 2012, 05:03:18 pm »

Although I've got to say, Southern weddings are minor events compared to Yankee weddings. Down here, it starts around noon, and everybody's home in time for dinner. At the few I've been to up in New York and Connecticut, it starts around noon, and people have to be dragged home at two in the morning. And they usually are dragged because an open bar is pretty standard up there.
Wait, are you saying free booze served at weddings is unusual in the South? Because I thought that's a tradition that's existed since Biblical times. I don't think they would have needed Jesus to turn their water into wine if they had a cash bar going on.
Yeah, it is kind of unusual. The Bible Belt has a love/hate thing with alcohol. Which is to say, the people love it, and the churches hate it. It's not even unusual for Southern Baptist churches to substitute sparkling grape juice for wine at Communion, because alcohol is the devil's brew. (They'd explain those passages about the wedding at Cana as being a mistranslation and that Jesus actually turned them into grape juice. Incidentally, they'd also argue that's why the guests liked his wine best.)  ::)

Worst wedding I ever went to was where her family was Mormon and his family was Southern Baptist. They didn't even have anything with caffeine in it, much less booze. (so then they had a second reception later for their college-age friends where we all got shitfaced).

I suppose Catholic churches and Jewish synagogues might go open bar, but for the most part it's seen as profligate and just a bad idea. It's also expensive (in no small part because people are like, "Holy shit, you mean I can drink as much as I want without paying?!?? HOOK IT UP TO MY VEINS!")

We did sort of a compromise, where the beer and wine was open bar (within the amount we pre-purchased), but liquor was provided by the venue and was cash bar. Plus, our circle of friends are all kind of beer snobs, so this way we knew we'd have good beer to drink, while the extended family who might just be there to get their drink on would probably shy away from the Double Imperial IPAs and such because...y'know, they actually taste like beer.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70336 on: January 30, 2012, 05:05:40 pm »

Legend of Koizumi.
'Nuff said.
The anime or the manga?
Both, I probably wouldn't have been inclined to read the manga unless I had gotten a taste of it via the anime, but as usual I enjoy the manga much more. 
and as Darvi ninja'd:
The anime's only an OVA anyway.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #70337 on: January 30, 2012, 06:28:48 pm »

Experimenting with some screensharing for gaming while livestreaming with my brother. If this works out, this could be FUN streaming O_O. Gief.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #70338 on: January 30, 2012, 06:47:03 pm »

Finally managed to finish Treasure Adventure Game today. For a free game, it's absolutely brilliant. Hell, it'd be brilliant even if it wasn't free. In fact, I nearly soiled my pants in joy over how awesome it turned out to be, and it even has a legitimately interesting plot. You should Google it ASAP if you're looking for new games to play. Has a bit of a slow start, but damn it gets compelling all of a sudden. Oh, and did I mention how it's free? You say I did? Well, that's because it is.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70339 on: January 30, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »

Is this it? http://www.robitstudios.com/treasure-adventure-game/ Because that looks incredible and you get a million back-pats if you put that much time into making something.

EDIT: I read finish as finish making. Whoops. Oh well, I'll check it out.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #70340 on: January 30, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »

I learned how to use the ANT landscape add on for blender! It was actually pretty simple.
+1 blender knowledge for me

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #70341 on: January 30, 2012, 07:21:29 pm »

Got to playing some classic Battle Clash and Metal Combat (Battle Clash 2) again; although it's not the same without a light gun. :/

I wonder if this game ever got a modern reboot for the Wii (sorta like how Sonic Generations made modern reboots of the classic Sonic games' levels (both classic and modern Sonic playthroughs for Acts 1 and 2))? It so calls for it. It's perfect for one; and just as well, have an unlockable of the SNES classic for play on the Wii as well.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:26:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70342 on: January 30, 2012, 07:29:58 pm »

Finally got my t-shirts I ordered 3 months ago.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70343 on: January 30, 2012, 07:47:37 pm »

Things I did today that I felt really awesome about:

1. Completely cleaned up my room at school.  It now looks amazing.

2. Finished my 2-week programming project.  I did half last night in two hours, and the other half this morning in about an hour and a half (suck it, Professor-of-Little-Faith :I  That's your nickname now!).  Now I just have to do the elementary debugging stuff, which should be okay because all of the work was generally... well, kinda trivial.  I've got an hour-and-a-half lab to git er done, and then I'll probably be totally done with that.

3. Completely debugged my CS homework, which is now all nicely done and elegant and really feels good.

4. Remembered to load a bunch of games and stuff on my external hard drive, so that I can relax more easily while I'm here.  It's really going to help a lot, and things will be even better when I manage to get my headphones.

5. Going to do lots of math homework, read the next two chapters of my English textbook, send off emails and write a letter to my step-grandmother.  Frankly, I think it's amazing how much of an easier time I'm having with getting things done this semester.  I'm really impressed with myself.  As of tomorrow, I'll probably be able to start spending an hour a day apiece on perfecting my Japanese and learning more about the ins and outs of programming.  Dreamwards-ho!

>_<

I feel so responsible.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70344 on: January 30, 2012, 08:01:08 pm »

(suck it, Professor-of-Little-Faith :I  That's your nickname now!)
But I'd already gotten so attached to "Sheldon".

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #70345 on: January 30, 2012, 08:48:35 pm »

Things I did today that I felt really awesome about:

1. Completely cleaned up my room at school.  It now looks amazing.

2. Finished my 2-week programming project.  I did half last night in two hours, and the other half this morning in about an hour and a half (suck it, Professor-of-Little-Faith :I  That's your nickname now!).  Now I just have to do the elementary debugging stuff, which should be okay because all of the work was generally... well, kinda trivial.  I've got an hour-and-a-half lab to git er done, and then I'll probably be totally done with that.

3. Completely debugged my CS homework, which is now all nicely done and elegant and really feels good.

4. Remembered to load a bunch of games and stuff on my external hard drive, so that I can relax more easily while I'm here.  It's really going to help a lot, and things will be even better when I manage to get my headphones.

5. Going to do lots of math homework, read the next two chapters of my English textbook, send off emails and write a letter to my step-grandmother.  Frankly, I think it's amazing how much of an easier time I'm having with getting things done this semester.  I'm really impressed with myself.  As of tomorrow, I'll probably be able to start spending an hour a day apiece on perfecting my Japanese and learning more about the ins and outs of programming.  Dreamwards-ho!

>_<

I feel so responsible.
Go you, vector.

My happy is that I finally got some face time in with my grandparents over facebook videochat; It's been over a year since I've seen them and they finally got their webcam set up.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70346 on: January 30, 2012, 09:11:30 pm »

I was recently inspired to start exercising. I actually had to consciously not type "Maybe start" since it seems reflexive to leave outs for myself, even if they're only psychological.

I was inspired to start by the LagTV guys, who are also endeavoring to start exercising after a long respite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IghCTnxgMCA&feature=g-u-u&context=G2cca18cFUAAAAAAAAAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5VzAyp_hd8&feature=g-u-u&context=G283d49fFUAAAAAAACAA

My start is pitiful, three sets of maybe 7 pushups before my arms are maxed out. Goddamn I'm out of shape, but I'll see if I can do something like that and improve everyday.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #70347 on: January 30, 2012, 10:44:08 pm »

Moar cooking!

Tonight I am having home made spaghetti sauce on... not spaghetti.

Its going on some rice that I am reheating from the black beans and rice episode because I am tired of beans, so they went in the freezer.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70348 on: January 30, 2012, 10:51:54 pm »

I was recently inspired to start exercising. I actually had to consciously not type "Maybe start" since it seems reflexive to leave outs for myself, even if they're only psychological.

I was inspired to start by the LagTV guys, who are also endeavoring to start exercising after a long respite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IghCTnxgMCA&feature=g-u-u&context=G2cca18cFUAAAAAAAAAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5VzAyp_hd8&feature=g-u-u&context=G283d49fFUAAAAAAACAA

My start is pitiful, three sets of maybe 7 pushups before my arms are maxed out. Goddamn I'm out of shape, but I'll see if I can do something like that and improve everyday.

Hah, I feel the exact same way. I've gotta get back in shape before I go back to work, but the last time I tried a set of 20 pushups my shoulders ended up making strange crackling sounds at around 18, and I had moderate pain in my shoulders and upper back for 2 or 3 days.  :-\

On my own happy note: My electric kettle finally worked its way through the convoluted series of tubes that is the USPS, so now I can have tea that isn't lukewarm and tasting of coffee!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #70349 on: January 30, 2012, 10:55:02 pm »

I'm making my third cup of Earl Grey as we speak. Three things make life worth living: books, tea and the knowledge that someday I'll get married.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 4688 4689 [4690] 4691 4692 ... 13325