Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4671 4672 [4673] 4674 4675 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752037 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70080 on: January 27, 2012, 11:59:09 pm »

I'm boring. I just have a generic head voice for everyone.

Even my posts "sound" the same!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

OwlEpicurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70081 on: January 28, 2012, 12:19:09 am »

I tend to give people voices based on their avatar and/or how they write.  Strangely, my brain decided to assign almost everyone without an avatar the same voice, no matter how different their posts may otherwise be.  It also seems to favor higher pitched voices for some reason.

I went to see the a perfomance by my university's symphony orchestra today, and the piece that was supposed to be the highlight of the evening was, well, horrible.  It's not the orchestra's fault -- they did a good job performing -- it's just something about this school's faculty (the piece was written by a professor here).  So why did that make me happy?  Because the whole concert annoyed me enough that it finally shook off the weird mood I've been in all week.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #70082 on: January 28, 2012, 12:25:33 am »

To me, everybody is David Attenborough or however you spell it.
This should help you diversify your possible tones for anger and trolling.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70083 on: January 28, 2012, 12:26:09 am »

Playing Metal Gear, the original <3

It's actually really fun.  Seriously.

EDIT: But... how long do these alerts last?  MOTHERFUCK  I was hoping it was just one iteration of the song, but...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:29:58 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70084 on: January 28, 2012, 12:32:29 am »

Wait, the NES one, right? Or... or the MSX2 one?

Actually played the NES version a bit, years back (via a particular bit of technosorcery). I'm not even entirely sure what an MSX2 is, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70085 on: January 28, 2012, 12:37:39 am »

It's the MSX one.  It's mostly easier than the MGS series, in which I seem to die approximately every two seconds, but it's still got its hard parts.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #70086 on: January 28, 2012, 01:46:07 am »

Hadn't really thought about it before, but I tend to assign pitches to most characters when I'm reading things. Sometimes accents, but mainly pitches. Harder to do for women, though, as the higher pitches do not come naturally to my baritone/bass voice.

I speak almost without an accent, but with smatterings of West Canadian and that slightly-off Pacific Northwest accent. ('collar' and 'caller' sound the same here! People use words like 'spendy' more often! Alligators live in houses!) I've taken to accidentally using a hard Wisconsinite/Scottish accent at times, which weirds me out a little bit.

But ah dinnae ken aboot that.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70087 on: January 28, 2012, 02:44:10 am »

I'm about to reach the final chapter of the book, I'm excited, because the question that's been hanging in the depths of my soul will finally be answered.

I know the book ends in a lot of death, but I don't know the fate of one character in particular. That one, intelligent, gentle soul that followed la Esmerelda into trouble, and learnt the ways of a performer from her.

Will Djali make it out alive?

It's time to find out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70088 on: January 28, 2012, 02:47:42 am »

I'm about to reach the final chapter of the book, I'm excited, because the question that's been hanging in the depths of my soul will finally be answered.

I know the book ends in a lot of death, but I don't know the fate of one character in particular. That one, intelligent, gentle soul that followed la Esmerelda into trouble, and learnt the ways of a performer from her.

Will Djali make it out alive?

It's time to find out.

Ahhh, you have learned the true way of the Notre-Dame de Paris fan :D  It's an experience all its own, huh?

I was also glad to see that you were getting more attached to the flawed old assholes.  I ended up loving all of them, though they were all ridiculously difficult people.

But especially Frollo >w<

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #70089 on: January 28, 2012, 02:52:07 am »

My mother bought roughly half a pig about a week ago. Freshly butchered. We've got far more than our money's worth so far ($90 paid for about $120-$130 worth of pork, apparently), and we're still waiting on the ham and bacon. This pork is so incredibly good. Best pork I've ever eaten, hands down.
くコ:彡

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70090 on: January 28, 2012, 03:00:44 am »

Immense rush of smug superiority as I realised that I represent family values a helluva lot better than all of those bigoted rightwing fuckwits who claim to represent them, because I support gay marriage~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70091 on: January 28, 2012, 03:13:09 am »

You have to remember that they think that homosexuals don't count as families, instead focused on the belief that all gays are lonely, confused, rebellious youth who hate god, take drugs and are a threat to the american way. As far as they see, anti-gay is family values, so they get a similar smug feeling.

The only difference is that you are right.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70092 on: January 28, 2012, 03:16:05 am »

Thus why I called them fuckwits~

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70093 on: January 28, 2012, 03:16:29 am »

I'm boring. I just have a generic head voice for everyone.

Even my posts "sound" the same!

Same here. Everyone's head voice sounds just like myself, minus the avatarless people, which speak in monotone in my mind.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #70094 on: January 28, 2012, 03:46:33 am »

Me me!  What's my voice?

I can't put an accent on anyone unless I've heard their voice before, everyone has the "default" American accent.  Actual voices vary.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 4671 4672 [4673] 4674 4675 ... 13325