Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4631 4632 [4633] 4634 4635 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15748515 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69480 on: January 17, 2012, 11:02:16 am »

What took your internet?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:05:27 am by Heliman »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69481 on: January 17, 2012, 11:14:20 am »

AT&T screwed us over a total of seven times in a row.

There was literally nothing we could have done differently to have Internet right now. We are out of options, and must wait until Thursday when the new equipment (which was supposed to be here last Friday) comes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #69482 on: January 17, 2012, 12:56:52 pm »

New English class I just started was interesting.  The professor uses too many mainstream lingo for my liking (FaceBook, LadyGaga, Twlight, etc.) but maybe she just has to do that to draw attention.

She also seems highly interested in male and female's roles in society which doesn't interest me in the slightest!  I hope she let's my manuscript be about criminals so I can Kotomine the whole thing.

I've always had bad experiences with English classes for rating my work as shit but "college" likes to be different and so specially educated maybe something I write won't actually be marked down.

Creative writing seems a big part SO I HOPE SHE LIKES NASU WRITING HAHAHA

...Man I'm going to fail this class aren't I.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:58:31 pm by ToonyMan »

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69483 on: January 17, 2012, 01:02:57 pm »

New English class I just started was interesting.  The professor uses too many mainstream lingo for my liking (FaceBook, LadyGaga, Twlight, etc.) but maybe she just has to do that to draw attention.

She also seems highly interested in male and female's roles in society which doesn't interest me in the slightest!  I hope she let's my manuscript be about criminals so I can Kotomine the whole thing.

I've always had bad experiences with English classes for rating my work as shit but "college" likes to be different and so specially educated maybe something I write won't actually be marked down.

Creative writing seems a big part SO I HOPE SHE LIKES NASU WRITING HAHAHA

...Man I'm going to fail this class aren't I.

Ummm... why is this happy?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #69484 on: January 17, 2012, 01:11:21 pm »

Because I enjoyed the class more than I thought I would!  Can't you understand the subtext??  F FOR YOU

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #69485 on: January 17, 2012, 01:21:03 pm »

Worked on a server and 7 workstations setup at a small business over the weekend.  Stayed there for 4 hours during normal operating hours today to put out any unanticipated fires as they happened.

There were no fires.  A little smoldering that was quickly doused (Where did my desktop wallpaper go? Why were all my desktop icons moved?  Why can I connect to all the other websites but I can't get into my pogo anymore?) but there were no real work stopping problems.

I am both very happy we have a new satisfied managed services client (well the one with pogo gone didn't seem happy, but her boss told us to block it, wasn't my decision) and nothing going wrong really boosted my confidence.   I am now a real IT professional.  I re-built a small business network from the ground up.  And it works.  There are no words for how happy I am about that.

Internet high five! Awesome job.
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69486 on: January 17, 2012, 02:03:58 pm »

More X-rays today. Why is this happy? Something's finally getting done. Did I mention that the x-ray tech was totally a hottie who kept grabbing me by the hips? X-rays have never been more awkward.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:13:51 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69487 on: January 17, 2012, 02:12:24 pm »

Planning for a trip out west this summer (family reunion). As it stands now, we'd drive from North Carolina to Kansas City (17 hours), then fly from Kansas City to Billings, MT (via Denver...hour and a half flight each leg with whatever layover), THEN pick up a rental vehicle and drive five hours across the state of Montana to Missoula, MT and another 20-30 minutes beyond that to my famiy reunion. Stay three days, then do everything in  reverse to get back home.

Oh, and did I mention we'd be transporting two small children, ages 2 and 5? There is no way this could possibly go wrong:P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69488 on: January 17, 2012, 02:49:17 pm »

Planning for a trip out west this summer (family reunion). As it stands now, we'd drive from North Carolina to Kansas City (17 hours), then fly from Kansas City to Billings, MT (via Denver...hour and a half flight each leg with whatever layover), THEN pick up a rental vehicle and drive five hours across the state of Montana to Missoula, MT and another 20-30 minutes beyond that to my famiy reunion. Stay three days, then do everything in  reverse to get back home.

Oh, and did I mention we'd be transporting two small children, ages 2 and 5? There is no way this could possibly go wrong:P
Oh wow, have I ever said how much I hate travelling? Because I really hate travelling, good luck with that one.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69489 on: January 17, 2012, 02:51:42 pm »

Are you worried about being tailed or something? Why not just fly from NC to Missoula?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #69490 on: January 17, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »

I have a home internet connection again... I'm already not sure how I managed to survive without it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #69491 on: January 17, 2012, 04:13:13 pm »

The Demons in Devil May Cry are really thin skinned.  Dante and the kid that looks and acts exactly like Dante make the dumbest, most unclever comments ever and the Demons flip their shit.  I don't get it. 
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69492 on: January 17, 2012, 04:23:01 pm »

Are you worried about being tailed or something? Why not just fly from NC to Missoula?
Cost. Plus we want to spend some time in KC visiting my wife's sister. It's cheaper to drive to KC than fly. It's entirely too far to drive from Kansas to Montana, and it's considerably cheaper to fly to Billings (on the eastern end of Montana) than to fly to Missoula (on the Western end). Like, $1000 cheaper when you consider it's four tickets. A rental vehicle + gas round trip is only a few hundred dollars.

Yeah, it's all kinda nuts. Part of me is thinking "This is insane. We should just pass on this one and wait till the kids are a bit older" and the other part of me is remembering how much I love our cross-country road trips when I was a kid (we used to drive the entire thing every few years or so, some 2400 miles).

I just punched it into Google Earth to see what the drive would look like if we drove straight from here to Missoula, and one of the sections is:
"Continue straight onto I-94 W
go 227 mi
Slight right to stay on I-94 W
go 843 mi"

Yay for the Midwest.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69493 on: January 17, 2012, 04:30:45 pm »

Whats the slight right for?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #69494 on: January 17, 2012, 04:31:24 pm »

Whats the slight right for?
curvature of the earth.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 4631 4632 [4633] 4634 4635 ... 13325