Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4630 4631 [4632] 4633 4634 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15747886 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69465 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:07 am »

24 hour Wikipedia blackout starts tomorrow. http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/English_Wikipedia_anti-SOPA_blackout

The banner at the top of wiki pages has been changed to announce such. :D

Full list of sites which will blackout tomorrow: http://nlb-creations.com/2012/01/13/websites-confirmed-for-the-jan-18-blackout-protesting-sopa/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:22:44 am by alway »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69466 on: January 17, 2012, 01:20:20 am »

24 hour Wikipedia blackout starts tomorrow. http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/English_Wikipedia_anti-SOPA_blackout

Isn't that unnecessary now?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #69467 on: January 17, 2012, 01:25:31 am »

Full list of sites which will blackout tomorrow: http://nlb-creations.com/2012/01/13/websites-confirmed-for-the-jan-18-blackout-protesting-sopa/
Nope. SOPA has been shelved, but there's a difference between that and tossed in the garbage. That just means it will sit in legislative limbo until they can sneak it in somewhere in the future. There's also PIPA, SOPA's twin legislation, which is still on track for a vote on the 24th.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69468 on: January 17, 2012, 01:28:50 am »

Not really. There is still the other thing, PIPA, and the fact that the biggest issue is the trend that came up with these laws.

I am sorta sad to see Google is not joining in apparently. No offense to the other sites, but as long as Google and their other sites are still up the internet will be for the most part unhurt. I mean, Wikipedia is big, true, but not something that is world shaking if it goes out for a day I would think.

But of course I can also understand not shutting down Google, for basically the same reasons as I would want to shut it down. It really is a huge huge thing.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #69469 on: January 17, 2012, 01:36:56 am »

Just completed Dead Island.  I liked it quite a bit.  It's about as crammed full of zombie goodness as a game can get.  Nothing about it was totally outstanding, but overall it was pretty solid.  It was also interesting how the writing and pace of gameplay got better as the game progressed, which is atypical.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #69470 on: January 17, 2012, 03:37:39 am »

Found another interesting webcomic: http://smbhax.com/cgi-bin/d.pl?e=0001
Single panel, simple graphic style more than a little resemblance to storyboards used. Each one will lasts no more than about 10 seconds, with the more action-y scenes being almost stop motion.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69471 on: January 17, 2012, 04:23:28 am »

Well probably I just have a minor virus kerjigger so they're just giving me some saline and anti-nausea medication and sending me on my way. Shouldn't fuck with my insurance too badly, though even the copay hurts this month. Still, it's payable and better than not knowing, honestly.

This is the second day off in a row, though, where I've had to cancel on plans to go see friends. Feeling kinda rotten about being so unreliable, even if last time it was due to incredibly unsafe driving conditions for the interstate and this time due to not being fit to drive and not wanting to spread this around.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69472 on: January 17, 2012, 08:34:15 am »

Had a good holiday yesterday. And finished it up by splitting firewood for an hour, followed by eating buffalo meat that I cooked over an open fire which I made with the wood I split. +10 Man Points. About the only way I could've been more manly would be to have done it all shirtless. (Which in my case, would probably have resulted in net negative points...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #69473 on: January 17, 2012, 08:45:04 am »

I've easily passed something lectured by super angry old woman with no respect toward younger people :D (Theory of Literature)

And I thought I will have to try at least several times, woo!

Also, this :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69474 on: January 17, 2012, 09:21:43 am »

Someone commented on my old Air Rivals video and I ended up spending a good hour or so in the memory hole watching videos from when playing an MMO meant multi-hour, hundred man wars, goonz trolling entire nations by being awesome, raiding meant going into enemy maps and picking a fight with people trying to grind and obscene tug of war meat grinder fights involving ridiculous missile spam. Oh, and occasionally spamming chat so hard it crashed the servers. Twice.

... I'm tempted to reinstall if that didn't involve grinding for a week to compete with the level 80+ population. And if everyone I knew hadn't quit. And if it still had those numbers.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69475 on: January 17, 2012, 09:39:04 am »

No it isn't. PIPA is still hiding in the Senate, and the bill isn't entirely dead yet. Shelving this is just to try to get people's attention to go elsewhere until they can drag it back into the house.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #69476 on: January 17, 2012, 10:02:47 am »

I am super out of shape. I know this because I rode my bike to work and it nearly killed me. I need to nearly kill me to get home. As long as the weather holds I will do this every day until it doesn't kill me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #69477 on: January 17, 2012, 10:49:47 am »

Aw yeah passed my Sedimentology exam! That means i have vacation now, which translates to I CANT WAIT TO BE A USELESS PIECE OF SHIT ALL DAY AND PLAY ALL THESE GAMES.

And on a more personal note, i got told on the way home that i'm nice to talk with. Sounds inane, but it means a good deal to me. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #69478 on: January 17, 2012, 10:50:48 am »

I've survived 2 days of the new semester.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69479 on: January 17, 2012, 10:59:51 am »

I've been almost completely without Internet for nearly a week now, but this has allowed me and my brother to rediscover our love of Chess. Chess is incredible, so many layers of strategy.

If only Dungeons and Dragons Chess existed like in that one comic.
Pages: 1 ... 4630 4631 [4632] 4633 4634 ... 13325