Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4623 4624 [4625] 4626 4627 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15750252 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69360 on: January 15, 2012, 03:09:12 am »

I am home right now to keep my momma company.

And you know what's at home?

MGS1&2, and both MG games.  Plus Splinter Cell and The Witcher.  Fuck it, it's time for a digital last hurrah.  I welcome the impending Metal Gear coma.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:13:45 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #69362 on: January 15, 2012, 03:37:54 am »

MGS1&2, and both MG games.  Plus Splinter Cell and The Witcher.  Fuck it, it's time for a digital last hurrah.  I welcome the impending Metal Gear coma.
Remember, Agent Vector: You don't need stealth if you're an unstoppable badass.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #69363 on: January 15, 2012, 03:46:32 am »

Step 1: Go to Google Images.
Step 2: Open up a folder with images in it.
Step 3: Drag an image file over to the browser window.
Step 4: Drop where prompted.
Step 5: Repeat. Said drag & drop also works with images on the web (just drag the image from the web page into the box).

Welcome to HTML5.
Though unfortunately the feature-set isn't quite standardized across browsers, so lots of redundant code to accommodate everything.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:56:50 am by alway »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69364 on: January 15, 2012, 04:36:52 am »

Remember, Agent Vector: You don't need stealth if you're an unstoppable badass.

I think the best part of the evening thus far has been running around on super easy mode in MGS2 trying to destroy the environment (the officers' lounge is prime entertainment, what with the massive numbers of liquor bottles; what I really want is a grenade), and somehow managing to hit the exact point that causes Snake to wipe out when he's rolling down stairs.  Raiden's cartwheels are a pain to aim (I probably spent half an hour in the tanker the first time I played, bonking into stairs and slipping on seagull shit).  I always thought Snake was basically super-easy to use: rolling close to the ground, manages not to do an acrobatic flip thing when he's going to hang over an edge, generally fast, low-profile, little fuss.  Now I've realized that his hands seem to shake a little bit more than Raiden's, he takes longer to get into crawling position, and the way he wiggles his rear when he's attempting to do a pullup is frankly kind of strange.

Also, it's come across to me much more clearly this time around that he's basically an old man with PTSD wearing a bondage outfit.  Not so much as in MGS4, but geez, I'd really like to see the in-universe explanation for some of it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #69365 on: January 15, 2012, 04:45:12 am »

I haven't played the ones after The Twin Snakes, but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69366 on: January 15, 2012, 04:49:05 am »

That was specifically "Wait, I kind of understand the corset, but why are there straps sitting around that make him look like he's wearing a thong and a garter belt?  HOW IS THIS FUNCTIONAL"

*cough*

I can see I'll be doing a lot of research over the next few days.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #69367 on: January 15, 2012, 05:00:55 am »

Well, for MGS4, I think that's actually one of those harnesses people use for climbing. Attaching ropes and whatnot.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69368 on: January 15, 2012, 05:01:35 am »

That, and the last thing you want is anything flopping out giving away your position while you are hiding under a chair from some AK toting mook.
This is a blank sig.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69369 on: January 15, 2012, 05:05:12 am »

That was specifically "Wait, I kind of understand the corset, but why are there straps sitting around that make him look like he's wearing a thong and a garter belt?  HOW IS THIS FUNCTIONAL"

That, and the last thing you want is anything flopping out giving away your position while you are hiding under a chair from some AK toting mook.

...:o Bahaha! Just had to point that out. :P
More helpfully, uh, perhaps it's to distract his enemies with the sheer strangeness of the outfit? I really dunno.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69370 on: January 15, 2012, 05:09:34 am »

Wooo... New Ridley Scott film "Prometheus" is a sort of prequel to Alien. Like.
This is a blank sig.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #69371 on: January 15, 2012, 06:31:57 am »

Bondage suits are awesome for stealth.  Who's going to believe the guard who says there's a gimp sneaking around.  He'll get fired for being on drugs.
Shoes...

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #69372 on: January 15, 2012, 06:32:57 am »

Found the equivalent of FO3 Wanderers edition mod to New Vegas, Project Nevada. Spent 70 hours in Wanderers edition Fo3 so Im pretty excited about this mod. Too bad this isn't so far in development so it doesn't have all the features yet. Screwing up vision with drugs was amusing on FWE, and it seems that it isn't in yet.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69373 on: January 15, 2012, 09:15:41 am »

Slightly related to the google image thing above;

Similar images + transparent png + recursion = ???

Warning for slight NSFW (it's effectively random images from the internet) and some strobe effect.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69374 on: January 15, 2012, 09:28:23 am »

Massive awe inspiring space battle dream. Kinda' played out like SPAZ (Aesthetics, combat) on the scale of Homeworld (Numbers, scale), in 3d with many hundred ships blowing up all over the place and capships 10x the size of the ship I was getting primary character status as and just all around awesomeness. There was one point like half my fleet hid behind some kind of outcropping thing (probably part of a planet or whoknows) to avoid getting blown to bitsies by the enemy capship that showed up and massed like half that of my side's ships, combined. It had lots of friends, too.

My side won, though. Two fights/levels, the starting ones in a campaign, heh. Dream conked out right when it was about to go to a ground-battle resource theft type thing. My side was bird people that happily rode on velociraptor type critters. Very well animated, too :P

It was a nice video game dream. Didn't even leave me with the lingering, "damn, this doesn't exist," feeling, just left me happy to have been along for the ride.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4623 4624 [4625] 4626 4627 ... 13325