Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4622 4623 [4624] 4625 4626 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15750170 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69345 on: January 14, 2012, 09:52:16 pm »

I would assume that is some form of publicity stunt or something like that.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #69346 on: January 14, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »

H... how did it get back down?

I like to imagine it did some kind of aerial flip, and landed with the grace and impact of a DragonballZ character on the other side of the tower.

Another happy: my favorite vocalist is performing again, after half a year recovering from severe burnout.  New album has been announced :D

That's so awesome, but I bet the person that owned that equipment shit themselves when they saw that expensive machine doing a handstand on the top of whatever that tower is.

The tower looks like it was built specifically for that stunt.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:53:53 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69347 on: January 14, 2012, 10:09:20 pm »

I met a startlingly attractive and nice engineer with an excellent sense of humor today, watched The Muppets, and had brilliantly good artisan ice cream.

This has frankly been a great evening.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #69348 on: January 14, 2012, 11:28:41 pm »

Gave a bunch of my past co-workers (and anyone new to working there) my best wishes for the future for when the local Food Lion closes down in the next few weeks. Felt good to cheer them up a bit, having worked there myself about half a year ago.

To be honest, this came out of the blue for me as well. Mostly due to the fact that it was the highest rated in the region, and it got indiscriminately marked for laying off along with all the other ones in the state. That sucks.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69349 on: January 15, 2012, 12:22:05 am »

Man, I finally got through the boss rush in Cave Story+, and now I'm in the Sacred Grounds for the first time. I got the the final boss after a couple tries, but died dawwww.

That beginning part though is just there to punish players that haven't mastered the use of the jetpack, and that miniboss is brutal! It doesn't help that the screen is CONSTANTLY SHAKING and it's hard to concentrate.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69350 on: January 15, 2012, 01:51:49 am »

Went into chinatown for the parade~
It was a lot of fun, and I also bought some stuff~

Meanwhile, on my way back to ala moana, I passed through occupy honolulu~
It was pretty small and looked like just a bunch of college students~

The more time I spend in that city, the less I want to leave~

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #69351 on: January 15, 2012, 02:10:36 am »

I spent a few hours down at the local Occupy movement, and talked with a couple people down there about politics, business, and more for a straight two hours. Great fun.

It was pretty small and looked like just a bunch of college students~
Weird, I'm about the only one at mine. Everyone else is either a middle-aged working adult or a veteran of the anti-Vietnam War protests. We actually have one guy who was around for the civil rights protests in the 60's.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69352 on: January 15, 2012, 02:32:17 am »

It's kinda interesting, because at the other corner of the park are some hawaiian sovereignty campers~

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #69353 on: January 15, 2012, 02:38:24 am »

Hmm... I guess the Occupy name would be a little ironic being right across from those campers.

I also intend on buying some cookies this year. Maybe eventually the Boy Scouts will get the sticks out of their collective rears one day, too.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69354 on: January 15, 2012, 02:42:34 am »

I can totally see a conservatively dressed couple at my door way using extremely exaggerated air quotes while asking me if I knew the girl scouts let in "Transgenders", said air quotes so extreme they eventually included the entire body.

I laughed out loud, almost as much as if I saw it in real life.

To be fair, the only door to door religious salesmen/women that I've seen have been respectful and a source of good conversation. Dunno. Maybe Canada just sucks the assholeocity out of you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:44:28 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69355 on: January 15, 2012, 02:47:48 am »

It does, except that one place by detroit~
Y'know, the part of canada that sucks~

Hmm... I guess the Occupy name would be a little ironic being right across from those campers.

The sovereignists' signs weren't even properly written~

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69356 on: January 15, 2012, 02:49:50 am »

It does, except that one place by detroit~
Y'know, the part of canada that sucks~

And now portrayed in song

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #69357 on: January 15, 2012, 02:58:44 am »

It can't really be helped, honestly. Detroit is just a vortex of suck. (Until the arrival of Robocop, I assume.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69358 on: January 15, 2012, 03:07:06 am »

When we first came to the states there was a guy processing immigration stuff in the New York before we got on our transfer flight.

Him: So, welcome to the United States, what city are you going to go to from here?
My father: Cleveland.
Him: Oh, you know what they call that city?
My father: What do they call it?
Him: The mistake by the lake, but I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway.

I think the great lakes in general are just to be avoided. One thing is for sure, those lakes make the weather horrible.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69359 on: January 15, 2012, 03:08:01 am »

It can't really be helped, honestly. Detroit is just a vortex of suck. (Until the arrival of Robocop, I assume.)

Too bad for that, the Robocop's Detroit was actually Dallas.  Which has J.R. and Walker Texas Ranger too, so Detroit is pretty much on its own.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 4622 4623 [4624] 4625 4626 ... 13325