Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4598 4599 [4600] 4601 4602 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791919 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68985 on: January 07, 2012, 06:19:25 pm »

Also happies: Dead Cat Bounce
I love seeing genuine talent being used for ridiculous ends.

That would be awesome. Next we need to nuke the concept of cartoons being either "just for kids" or "adult humor (simpsons, south park, etc)" with no other options.

When we get a prime time drama on TV that's animated, I'll be very happy.
Interesting as this might be, I'm not sure there's any reason to assume animated prime time dramas would suck any less than live action ones.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68986 on: January 07, 2012, 06:23:34 pm »

Well 'course xD
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68987 on: January 07, 2012, 06:38:25 pm »

So I made a thread for my potential livestreams. I'll be going on in just a little bit, so drop by and watch me embarrass myself as I wrestle with how streaming works and test my abilities as a streamer.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98682.new#new

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68988 on: January 07, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #68989 on: January 07, 2012, 07:24:24 pm »

The FRC kickoff was today... and it looks like pseudo-robo-basketball. And of course, nobody took me seriously when I suggested using about half the available motors to make our robot fly.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #68990 on: January 07, 2012, 07:27:55 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68991 on: January 07, 2012, 07:46:30 pm »

Lol C1, you don't need more than one cup, refills are free!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68992 on: January 07, 2012, 08:39:49 pm »

So sauerkraut and hummus is win. It is "garlic lover's" hummus, though, which may skew things. Deliciously. Next time I'll have to dry the sauerkraut more or something to prevent sogginess, since I have to let it sit for about 4 hours before I can eat it, what with work and all. And the spinach is a must to add a bit of texture.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68993 on: January 07, 2012, 09:20:48 pm »

I just had another brilliant day with Daisy, Aisy, and M.  We played Fluxx, Guillotine, and Settlers of Cataan; M won the first two and I won the last one (I usually do.  It's one of the few games I'm really good at).  We also set up/"built" Daisy's new bookshelf, had tea and spaghetti, and walked around at the park.

Tired, though.  Feh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68994 on: January 08, 2012, 02:49:38 am »

Dr. Seuss + Burning Man = :D

NSFW in parts.
It's really funny to me because I know quite a few of those featured in the video - All lovely, amazing people I miss very much.

Burning man = one of the most ridiculous experiences you could have. And Dr. Seuss is always welcome.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68995 on: January 08, 2012, 02:57:23 am »

Oh god, and now I'm going back to watch/rewatch the Chip and Ironicus MGS LP's.  I never got around to seeing anything but 4, and I'm sick of playing video games for a while... and this gives me a way to enjoy myself.  I'm interested in seeing what else they have to say and reviewing the games without having to focus on keeping myself alive.

My only fear is that it's obscurely illegal to watch them, because then I definitely wouldn't be able to really have fun like this again until the summer... *sigh*  I have to go back to school on Tuesday.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68996 on: January 08, 2012, 03:08:16 am »

So, there's an LP of The Sims running around the forum somewhere, and I have a hypothetical question. Were I to stick b12ers in a house together, who would I make, and why? (No, this will not happen, unless there's an outcry of interest. I certainly wouldn't use anyone without their direct permission and directions for playstyle.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68997 on: January 08, 2012, 03:14:22 am »

Bad things would happen and people will die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68998 on: January 08, 2012, 03:23:34 am »

Bad things would happen and people will die in hilarious fashion.

You forgot a part.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68999 on: January 08, 2012, 03:29:47 am »

Oh god, and now I'm going back to watch/rewatch the Chip and Ironicus MGS LP's.

You're tempting me.  MGS3 put them on the map, and it's a great watch, non-stop hilarity.

So, there's an LP of The Sims running around the forum somewhere, and I have a hypothetical question. Were I to stick b12ers in a house together, who would I make, and why? (No, this will not happen, unless there's an outcry of interest. I certainly wouldn't use anyone without their direct permission and directions for playstyle.)

Y'know, it's funny you should mention that.  As you'll quickly find upon reading, I made it through all of about four updates before abandoning it completely, but the thread itself was far more entertaining.  Which is to be expected I suppose, since it practically is the game.  Also note that I never updated the OP, so the guidelines are terribly incorrect from how I wound up playing, and you'll have to find the four updates on your own.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 4598 4599 [4600] 4601 4602 ... 13325