Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4595 4596 [4597] 4598 4599 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789812 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68940 on: January 06, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »

I only found it so quickly because I was correct in guessing that only one thread on this board would have the words "the plaids" in it. My moment of glory, it is over.

EDIT: Also, not even combustible hardware is sufficient to stop me from performing my nightly expansion of my art folder. Please don't take that as a challenge, Murphy.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:48:40 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68941 on: January 07, 2012, 12:11:10 am »

My Brother's birthday party was fun, he's getting old enough that I can remember notable stuff I did his age.  I am the Nii-san it is me.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:54:34 am by ToonyMan »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68942 on: January 07, 2012, 12:23:34 am »

My dad's best mate and his wife and two kids stayed over the other day. It made me smile how my dad's mate was referring to my parents as 'Uncle and aunt' and his wife told their two adorable kids in japanese 'You can call these three by their names, or call them brother and sister.' I forget the exact phrasing, but I caught 'namae', my name, my sibling's names and 'ane-chan' and 'ani-chan'.

It's touching to be considered as such by another family. :')

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68943 on: January 07, 2012, 12:38:43 am »

I only found it so quickly because I was correct in guessing that only one thread on this board would have the words "the plaids" in it. My moment of glory, it is over.

EDIT: Also, not even combustible hardware is sufficient to stop me from performing my nightly expansion of my art folder. Please don't take that as a challenge, Murphy.

"Art," huh?

Anyway, that ecosystem analogy is ridiculous.  Plants tend not to give their nutrients willingly, that's why shit like thorns and poisonous berries exist.  I don't eat meat, the last vestige of my sensory integration disorder (Mostly healed with therapy when I was very young.  In first grade I couldn't tie my shoes or button my shirt and my handwriting was so bad I may as well not have been able to write) is that I cannot handle the texture of meat.  Chicken is the worst, I can eat red meat if I have to, and fish is fine but I don't like it that much.

Anyway, point is, I think we as humans have the right to eat meat.  It's predation. 

That's all irrelevant though.

I'm happy because I just found out the Chain Reaction 3.0 (A tabletop wargame ruleset that can be adapted in a few minutes to basically any setting) rules are free.  Then it hit me.  Holy shit.  X-Com.  Wargame.  Yes.  Once I'm settled into the FNG game I'll start looking at how it could be done.
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #68944 on: January 07, 2012, 01:15:48 am »

A real test of my courage would be a mouse with a spider tatoo, wearing a "Vote for Rick Santorum!" shirt, waiving around an ethics complaint and a nearly empty bottle of mustard blaring "Oops I Did It Again." I would fail, horribly.
Someone should draw a picture.  I can't imagine it being anything but comical :P
Well, I took a crack at it.

It's a pretty unlikely event, so now that that's happened once, it'll be at least a decade before it happens again. I think this is a cause for celebration, because honestly, that actually occurring would freak me out.

I'm happy today because, after an impossibly boring and short winter concert set, the Wind Ensemble is putting together the most epic list of music I have ever seen, and I have awesome parts.

1. The New World Symphony (4th movement), by Dvorak. 'Tis bombastic, and the intro was used in this power metal song right here. My lungs nearly gave out during the parts where I play Fortississimo (not a typo) whole notes for three measures. I can normally hold a note for 10-15 measures, but not when I'm producing a veritable explosion of sound with the rest of the low brass.

2. Godzilla Eats Los Vegas. Words cannot describe. The alto saxes bark.

3. A medley of the music from Pirates of the Caribbean, which I cannot find on Youtube. It's pretty good, though. Somehow the most boring piece.

4. During the intermission after the Symphonic band plays,  (but before we do) myself and three friends are doing an arrangement I made of the Forest Maze music from SMRPG.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68945 on: January 07, 2012, 01:38:36 am »

Suddenly I can't help but think that I want to see godzilla fight a gundam...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68946 on: January 07, 2012, 02:47:14 am »

...well. I've downloaded the Maid RPG and rolled up a few characters to see just how insane this game gets. Results:
1. A catgirl/Succubus spy who fights with a frying pan and ignores penalties from clothing damage(yes there's a mechanic for that...)
2. A fairy that can pull a rifle bigger than she is out of nowhere on demand.
3. In short? Rozalin, from disgaea 2. elf-eared princess that uses a gun, is related to the master, and is prone to smashing thingseverything when mad.

...that's certainly something. Now to try and stop laughing.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68947 on: January 07, 2012, 03:48:21 am »

...well. I've downloaded the Maid RPG and rolled up a few characters to see just how insane this game gets. Results:
1. A catgirl/Succubus spy who fights with a frying pan and ignores penalties from clothing damage(yes there's a mechanic for that...)
3. In short? Rozalin, from disgaea 2. elf-eared princess that uses a gun, is related to the master, and is prone to smashing thingseverything when mad.

I've always wanted to try messing around with Maid RPG. I could add it to my extensive list of semi-obscure RPG systems gathering dust on my laptop.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68948 on: January 07, 2012, 03:52:13 am »

Suddenly I can't help but think that I want to see godzilla fight a gundam...
Is this what you're looking for?

In happy; I have a few really fun games to play this weekend, and am currently in a mindset suitable for reading. This should be fun.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68949 on: January 07, 2012, 03:54:08 am »

I've always wanted to try messing around with Maid RPG. I could add it to my extensive list of semi-obscure RPG systems gathering dust on my laptop.
Looks like something I'd want to try as well. Just need to scrounge up $7 for a PDF download.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #68950 on: January 07, 2012, 04:11:19 am »

A real test of my courage would be a mouse with a spider tatoo, wearing a "Vote for Rick Santorum!" shirt, waiving around an ethics complaint and a nearly empty bottle of mustard blaring "Oops I Did It Again." I would fail, horribly.
Someone should draw a picture.  I can't imagine it being anything but comical :P
Well, I took a crack at it.

It's a pretty unlikely event, so now that that's happened once, it'll be at least a decade before it happens again. I think this is a cause for celebration, because honestly, that actually occurring would freak me out.

Nice touch with the writing on the scroll.  I could read about 2/3 of it.  The mouse reminds me of the Stay Puft marshmallow man :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68951 on: January 07, 2012, 05:48:13 am »

Doomshifter has been happy lately. She enjoyed reading an interesting 'discussion' about bigotry recently. She talked to a friend recently. She played Kobold Camp recently. She complained of hunger recently.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68952 on: January 07, 2012, 05:50:04 am »

Doomshifter has been happy lately. She enjoyed reading an interesting 'discussion' about bigotry recently. She talked to a friend recently. She played Kobold Camp recently. She complained of hunger recently.

Aqizzar admired a well-crafted gold trollthread lately.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #68953 on: January 07, 2012, 05:51:13 am »

You're a girl???

STRANGE, I THOUGHT ONLY BOYS PLAY DF, ALL GIRLS IN THE BAY12 FORUMS ARE GUYS IN REAL LIFE.

also the homophobic thread was funny while it lasted. It got even funnier when he brought AIDS into the discussion.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68954 on: January 07, 2012, 05:52:40 am »

*Late to the party*

Can we not do that thing where we talk about a locked thread in one of the common threads, just this once? Please? Every other time it turned into a shit storm.
Pages: 1 ... 4595 4596 [4597] 4598 4599 ... 13325