Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4593 4594 [4595] 4596 4597 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788718 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68910 on: January 06, 2012, 06:32:25 pm »

Secretary, "I'm sorry I ever thought people like you were immoral.... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You're not" She always was a clever one. She knows how I really am, she's probably known for some time, and I don't think she'll say anything.
I read this, and thought: what do you mean, you thought your own secretary might not know that you're a lawyer?
Took me a few seconds to get the right one.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68911 on: January 06, 2012, 06:40:57 pm »

The bit about it probably not being the first time they've done this is kind of terrifying. Hope it gets resolved and you stay safe.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68912 on: January 06, 2012, 07:26:35 pm »

I am a powerful magician, and therefore have Windows and Linux running in the same desktop environment. Ish. It looks like it, is the point, because seamless mode yay. Now I just need to finish downloading my graphics card drivers on the Windows machine, finish downloading Portal 2 (my test case) and install both of them, and find out if this is acceptable. Looks like Portal 2 is gonna take something on the order of 4 hours to download, though.

If this works, all that will remain is hours upon hours of tweaking things to my aesthetic preferences and sense of organization, which is a thing I absolutely love to do. Leaves me with a sense of accomplishment.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68913 on: January 06, 2012, 07:35:59 pm »

Dual booting works just fine for me :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68914 on: January 06, 2012, 07:40:48 pm »

Finally got my last shipment of gundam models, which was odd considering it was among the first of the orders. Something happened around New Years and I guess it didn't move for several days after the holiday. I now have some action bases (ie display bases), Lucas's Strike + I.W.S.P, and Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Ver Ka. My god Unicorns box is freaking huge.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68915 on: January 06, 2012, 07:50:18 pm »

I am a powerful magician, and therefore have Windows and Linux running in the same desktop environment. Ish. It looks like it, is the point, because seamless mode yay. Now I just need to finish downloading my graphics card drivers on the Windows machine, finish downloading Portal 2 (my test case) and install both of them, and find out if this is acceptable. Looks like Portal 2 is gonna take something on the order of 4 hours to download, though.

If this works, all that will remain is hours upon hours of tweaking things to my aesthetic preferences and sense of organization, which is a thing I absolutely love to do. Leaves me with a sense of accomplishment.
But does it have TRAITOR TOAST?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68916 on: January 06, 2012, 07:53:09 pm »

No. I am not so powerful a magician as to be capable of producing software that can cause my computer to occasionally extrude french toasted stollen. Oh, how I wish I were now. New goal in life: Cakeputer.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #68917 on: January 06, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »

Truean is a pretty cool girl. She fights crime and doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm attempting to boot Fedora on an old laptop to see what this whole Linux hullabaloo is about. I haven't used it since early '08, but that computer always ran a virtual machine.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68918 on: January 06, 2012, 09:59:35 pm »

My wife bought me these chopsticks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #68919 on: January 06, 2012, 10:01:36 pm »

But how do you actually grab anything without it turning to soup?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68920 on: January 06, 2012, 10:08:27 pm »

I mostly just huff the vapors that come off them. Mmm, vaporized wasabi...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #68921 on: January 06, 2012, 10:08:43 pm »

I'm attempting to boot Fedora on an old laptop to see what this whole Linux hullabaloo is about. I haven't used it since early '08, but that computer always ran a virtual machine.

Awww, thank you, but let's be honest, I'm scared of lots of stuff. Mice, spiders, tatoo needles, Rick Santorum, disbarment, disownment, disastrously wasting time trying to get the last bit of mustard out of the bottle, the fact that people willingly listen to Brittany Spears....

I'm quite terrified you see; I just don't show it.

A real test of my courage would be a mouse with a spider tatoo, wearing a "Vote for Rick Santorum!" shirt, waiving around an ethics complaint and a nearly empty bottle of mustard blaring "Oops I Did It Again." I would fail, horribly.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68922 on: January 06, 2012, 10:10:12 pm »

Awww, thank you, but let's be honest, I'm scared of lots of stuff. Mice, spiders, tatoo needles, Rick Santorum, disbarment, disownment, disastrously wasting time trying to get the last bit of mustard out of the bottle, the fact that people willingly listen to Brittany Spears....

I'm quite terrified you see; I just don't show it.

A real test of my courage would be a mouse with a spider tatoo, wearing a "Vote for Rick Santorum!" shirt, waiving around an ethics complaint and a nearly empty bottle of mustard blaring "Oops I Did It Again." I would fail, horribly.

KILL IT WITH FIRE! RAAAAAAGH!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #68923 on: January 06, 2012, 10:29:51 pm »

Someone should draw a picture.  I can't imagine it being anything but comical :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68924 on: January 06, 2012, 10:32:18 pm »

Also, I have to admit, as far as needles go, tattooing needles are probably the easiest I've ever had to deal with. Yes, I'm afraid of needles.

Pages: 1 ... 4593 4594 [4595] 4596 4597 ... 13325