Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4580 4581 [4582] 4583 4584 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779966 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68715 on: January 04, 2012, 01:11:23 am »

Quantum levitation is freakin' awesome. I wonder how they were controlling the cars though, maybe radio?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #68716 on: January 04, 2012, 01:52:01 am »

Yep; fake. "JIST," the university place which supposedly put out the video, does not exist, among other things. Closest thing is JIAST, which has neither mentioned nor seems to have anything to do with the claims. Nice CG work though.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68717 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:35 am »

For max Coolness Levels (tm), they should be controlling the cars with their minds with that new thing that you put on and it moves stuff based on how much brain activity is going on. The name escapes me.

But yeah it was probably RC.
fe: awwwwww! It was a cool video though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #68718 on: January 04, 2012, 02:01:18 am »

I was just thinking, there's no way they could control them without compromising the levitation. Unless they moved the track in unison, but that wouldn't be very exciting.

Maybe someday.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68719 on: January 04, 2012, 02:28:41 am »

I just watched Con Air for the first time. I'm wondering why anybody makes movies these days. The art form reached its peak in 1997, it looks like. All movies released thereafter were rendered preemptively obsolete. Con Air is basically perfect, is what I'm saying.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68720 on: January 04, 2012, 02:33:19 am »

You're just saying that to be ironic because of Homestuck, aren't you? :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68721 on: January 04, 2012, 02:45:34 am »

No, actually. I legitimately enjoyed it! Sure, I exaggerate because of its relative novelty to me and, yes, because of Homestuck, but I think I will probably have to buy a copy. It is a good movie, and worth owning on its own merits, though in all honesty it'd be silly to claim that it is the best*.

*The best movie ever made is, and shall forever be, Casablanca. I'm sorry, but nothing tops the "Shocked to find gambling" scene.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68722 on: January 04, 2012, 02:49:36 am »

It's a bad movie, but it's bad in a good way.  Anything Nicolas Cage is a part of is going to be hilarious.

Also it turns out there's a band called Giant Squid, and it's awesome.

It's very strange.  The truest and most moving love song I've ever heard, and it's about fish.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:55:01 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68723 on: January 04, 2012, 03:10:35 am »

It's a bad movie, but it's bad in a good way.  Anything Nicolas Cage is a part of is going to be hilarious.

True.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68724 on: January 04, 2012, 06:33:19 am »

The Witcher is absolutely brilliant.  That's all I have to say.  I've been working on the second chapter for multiple days now, and it's one of the few games where I've gone "If I haven't gotten this, then it's because I'm not trying hard enough--no Gamefaqs!  I don't want to know what will happen next!"  Great design, great writing, great anything.  I bought it for 2.50, but I would have gladly paid 10 times that.  It's actually just that good.

Yet another incentive to learn fluent Polish.

Unfortunately, I need to do a bunch of errandy things tomorrow, but I've been having so much fun that it really doesn't matter.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68725 on: January 04, 2012, 06:48:17 am »

I have nothing to say about the Witcher except I find it to be one of Yahtzee's more hilarious reviews.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68726 on: January 04, 2012, 07:02:42 am »

I have nothing to say about the Witcher except I find it to be one of Yahtzee's more hilarious reviews.
Are... they normally anywhere near that good? I may have to play this game and start watching his reviews now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68727 on: January 04, 2012, 07:52:39 am »

I've met Yahtzee. He's a pretty cool guy.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #68728 on: January 04, 2012, 10:20:59 am »

Also it turns out there's a band called Giant Squid, and it's awesome.
Wow. That was literally awesome. Thank you for sharing.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68729 on: January 04, 2012, 12:08:31 pm »

Finally back home after well, eight days I think?  I can't imagine people who go overseas and stuff, maaaaaaaan.  Anyway, this morning was terrible.  I wake up nauseous, get into a car for an hour, nauseous, and then when I get home the modem isn't even responding to the router and I have to go to the bathroom bad.  After doing my business I still feel freakin queasy which sucked, after getting pissed off at myself I forced myself not to throw up somehow out of sheer will power and took a shower, ate burnt waffles (we just got a new toaster oven that I had no idea how to work), and finally sat down next to the modem and start playing with it and magically the router started working.

And now I have internet, it's truly a magical day.  Except well, my Dad is still have problems, heh.

I'm gonna see if I can download Corpse Party off the PSP thing and also try to order Fate/Extra and school books, sounds fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4580 4581 [4582] 4583 4584 ... 13325