Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4543 4544 [4545] 4546 4547 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768151 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68160 on: December 24, 2011, 08:55:49 am »

Story of happy Christmas Spirit:

Here in Ohio someone (Probably relatives of the late Carl Lidner, it's something he would do and he had a shitboat of money) has been going around to various stores and paying for everything in layaway, so the people who put it in layaway get it for free.  Happened to my aunt.
That's awesome. Not only is it charitable, but it's rewarding people who are trying to be financially responsible rather than socking it on their credit card. Mad props to mystery benefactor.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68161 on: December 24, 2011, 08:58:38 am »

What's this layaway thing?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68162 on: December 24, 2011, 08:59:49 am »

Pay for something over time with cash instead of credit, basically. I think.  Wiki.

It's happened a bit in Florida, too, apparently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #68164 on: December 24, 2011, 09:52:30 am »

Finished watching all of Daria last night. Great series. Now to find something new.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68165 on: December 24, 2011, 10:32:07 am »

It's the day before Christmas! And that means SMOOTHIES! I'm going all out. All the fruits you could imagine - strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, mangos, apples, pears, grapes, pomegranate juice, orange juice, french vanilla and green tea ice cream, tapioca, caramel, and agave syrup and a splash of rum or cabernet.

:DDD
Hmm... I have 5 hours before work. Not quite enough time to make a 12 to 13 hour drive to join you and then the return trip, but if I put my mind to it I could probably imitate your brilliance. Tempting. I'd say caramel isn't a fruit, but we all know that's a lie.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68166 on: December 24, 2011, 12:42:43 pm »

Yumi's just told me she's got a new job, one that will let her get home a lot earlier, and she won't have to commute every morning.

Best Christmas present.
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68167 on: December 24, 2011, 12:57:36 pm »

Setting stuff on fire~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68168 on: December 24, 2011, 02:16:23 pm »

Just did a perfect, silent assassin run on Hitman  8)

And more good news, I can finally go to bed! Merry Christmas indeed!

AW man! Was it Blood Money!? That's one of my favorite games, and for good reason, every level is it's own layer of awesome. Getting Silent Assassin on the hardest difficulty is just icing on those layers.
Indeed it was. The assignment at the rehab clinic (method: a syringe-full of poison in the target's secret stash). There were also two, optional targets, both of whom were eliminated as well. Still got out with no witnesses, no innocent fatalities, and without firing a single bullet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68169 on: December 24, 2011, 02:18:32 pm »

Skyrim is currently $40 on Steam. Nabbin' it hard.

And crazy stuff like 90% off sales on a ton of things. Most of the steam store is under $10 now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68170 on: December 24, 2011, 02:34:04 pm »

Arghlebarghle you guys quit making me spend money on ridiculously cheap things. My brain has a glitch where it fails to perceive anything that costs less than $5 as having meaningful cost! So anyway now I'm downloading Chantelise. I have heard good things about it. From this thread.

I'll need something to do when I'm done with Portal 2, which I at least recognized as being an expense.

... curse you all
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68171 on: December 24, 2011, 02:37:46 pm »

Arghlebarghle you guys quit making me spend money on ridiculously cheap things. My brain has a glitch where it fails to perceive anything that costs less than $5 as having meaningful cost! So anyway now I'm downloading Chantelise. I have heard good things about it. From this thread.

I'll need something to do when I'm done with Portal 2, which I at least recognized as being an expense.

... curse you all
I prefer Recettear, from the same company. They're both good games, but Recettear came first is and is a more unique concept.

...So you haven't finished Portal 2 yet? Have you been spoiled as to what the ending is?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68172 on: December 24, 2011, 02:39:31 pm »

I have. I have all the spoilers. Don't care, it's still fun.

EDIT: Hm, Recettear. Costs $10, though, I dunno... I can actually consider this one rationally.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68173 on: December 24, 2011, 02:43:41 pm »

After you finish, try the commentary mode. They provide all sorts of insight into the development process of both single and multiplayer.

It is a fun game. I've beaten it a few good times, and it never gets old  :D

Where are you at in the game? Are you stuck on a particular puzzle?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68174 on: December 24, 2011, 02:48:02 pm »

... curse you all
I prefer Recettear, from the same company. They're both good games, but Recettear came first is and is a more unique concept.

Really? I heard that Recettear is actually the sequel, but it was the first to be translated to English.
Pages: 1 ... 4543 4544 [4545] 4546 4547 ... 13325