Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4459 4460 [4461] 4462 4463 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15759268 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66900 on: November 27, 2011, 07:27:52 am »

I'd rather not post it here yet. It's a bit sh*tty in the audio aspects, and repetitive. I'm only an amateur though, and I only use FL Studio to compose stuff, me not being too skilled with instruments and stuff yet. I wish I knew of a way to apply pitch-bend in the easiest and efficient way possible though, as well as having the patience to understand which knob does what.

Me being in a state of constant musician's block doesn't help it at all.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66901 on: November 27, 2011, 09:06:12 am »

Two things.  One, I have a smartphone now, which I'm using to type this right now.  It's challenging.  Two, an idea for a game.  It came to me in a dream.  Monsters from underground are invading and you have to take the fight to them.  It was an ASCII rts in the dream and will probably be the same when I inevitably try to make something of it.  The player begins in a safe Chamber on the left side of the screen where he can set up defenses and factories and whatever.  Beyond the base room is a procedurally generated cavern complex populated by the bad guys and maybe other stuff.  The goal is to push through the caves, fighting off all kinds of horrible burrowing monsters until you reach the goal.  The goal could be the enemy hive, a boss, a passage to the next level or a combination of the three.  That's the basic gist of it.  Once I'm back home I'll throw together a tentative design doc and maybe post more here if people care.  It's a serious chore to type long posts on this thing though.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:04:39 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66902 on: November 27, 2011, 09:15:30 am »

Is it some kind of tower defense game, in the sense that you have to defend your base, while pushing through, making sure nothing gets past the wave of chaos you create?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66903 on: November 27, 2011, 09:27:37 am »

No, tower defense was created by the devil to destroy Indie gaming with a paint by numbers format for horrible uncreative games.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66904 on: November 27, 2011, 09:28:44 am »

Except for a couple not too bad games.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66905 on: November 27, 2011, 09:35:44 am »

I was just talking about the defend the base element, not the whold genre. From reading that, I got the impression that it was an RTS roguelike mashup, and needing to defend the base because of the sieges is nice.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #66906 on: November 27, 2011, 10:09:33 am »

Finished the AI Wars tutorial campaign. Took me 5 and a half hours.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66907 on: November 27, 2011, 01:59:10 pm »

Listening to the Vinyl Cafe and then going out for lunch at a small diner in town. Sometimes, you've got to enjoy the little things.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66908 on: November 27, 2011, 03:28:58 pm »

Getting all my shit packed in preparation for moving.  Always a weird feeling, finding old bags and boxes of stuff from the last time I moved that I never unpacked.  Also amazing just how much shit I own.

Because cardboard sucks and Lowes had them on sale, I bought a bunch of plastic tote boxes to put everything in.  Two boxes of purely decorative shit, one box of shit I can't even call decorative, one box of electronic paraphernalia (cords mostly), and three boxes of all the books I either have read or won't read.  Leaving a foot tall stack of all the books I haven't read (or finished), which is a lot less than I thought it was.  Much more easy to tackle.

Included unbeknownst to me, a mint hardcover copy of They Think You're Stupid: Why Democrats Lost Your Vote and What Republicans Must Do to Keep It, by none other than the inimitable Herman Cain.  According to the copyright, it was printed in 2005, and I probably bought it from the brand new table.  Never even opened it, and it's drawing my curiosity.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66909 on: November 27, 2011, 03:34:03 pm »

Read it and tell us about it so we dont' have to read it.
Shoes...

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #66910 on: November 27, 2011, 03:37:43 pm »

Please do. I don't imagine Cain is a very good author. Or I guess in his case a dictate...er...
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #66911 on: November 27, 2011, 03:42:35 pm »

Wait, only Democrats think we're stupid? I thought it was both sides that thought that...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66912 on: November 27, 2011, 03:55:58 pm »

Well, it's all of 211 pages not including the bibliography, with some really big font and a lot of absurdly spacious tables and aside-boxes.  The bibliography is twenty-two items in length, including a link to the FairTax website, and a couple of attributes to people whose quotes are on the back cover.  Foreword by Senator Zell Miller, whose name appears on the wrapper three times, along with Brent Bozell, Steve Forbes, and Neil Cavuto.

The preface is not doing me any favors here.  This might take me a while.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66913 on: November 27, 2011, 04:01:03 pm »

First chunks of ice on the edge of the pond this morning. Skating will be soon.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66914 on: November 27, 2011, 04:06:19 pm »

Currently nomming on some delicious almonds. I don't what exactly is in the flavouring, but they're awesome. And just a tad spicy.
Pages: 1 ... 4459 4460 [4461] 4462 4463 ... 13325