Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4404 4405 [4406] 4407 4408 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796199 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [Wat] Things we did to Darvi while he was gone thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66075 on: November 12, 2011, 01:22:45 am »

Yeeeeeessssssssssss.

Giant go dead.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66076 on: November 12, 2011, 01:27:44 am »

I've done it. I've discovered the secret of invisitext.
Alternatively, if you have the other whitish color.

If you use Darkling though you're out of luck here.

EDIT: you know what i have nothing better to do
the other color also
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:32:56 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Doohl

• Bay Watcher
  • [OMNIPOTENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66077 on: November 12, 2011, 01:42:57 am »

I finally got to eat the mushrooms I've been growing. Delicious mushroom pizza. ^^_^^

Also, my shelves I'm building without screws/nails/power tools are coming along quite nicely, I think I may have a functional set of shelves by the end of the weekend, though I probably wont have the cross supports attached by then.

I've always wondered how you distinguish between "holy balls dangerously poisonous" and "okay to eat" mushrooms.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66078 on: November 12, 2011, 01:44:00 am »

Yeeeeeessssssssssss.

Giant go dead.

What low/medium spec req for skyrim?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66079 on: November 12, 2011, 01:47:04 am »

I've always wondered how you distinguish between "holy balls dangerously poisonous" and "okay to eat" mushrooms.

Trial and error.

Also all the other people lying dead around the mushroom places.
Love, scriver~

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66080 on: November 12, 2011, 01:51:53 am »

Most amanitas share similar characteristics and most other mushrooms are mostly safe~

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66081 on: November 12, 2011, 02:42:46 am »

Will probably be getting a new graphics card. Any recommendations, preferably NVIDIA and not over $150 - $200 US? I'm not looking for something too great, I just want something that can run Oblivion and Minecraft (yes that's how much my old one sucked).
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66082 on: November 12, 2011, 02:48:20 am »

I think I'm getting used to this walking for 8 hours thing, which has been surprisingly annoying. My legs still ache, but now it's like they know I'm not going to put up with their bullshit so they'll wait to do it until I get home. I don't even have to use willpower now, really, it's nice. I am so out of shape.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66083 on: November 12, 2011, 02:49:24 am »

*sigh*

Fishhead is starting to grow on me.  I think I need to think up a new nickname.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66084 on: November 12, 2011, 02:52:53 am »

Same way you distinguish between deliciously safe berries and deadly berries. Recognizing the attributes of the ones that are okay to eat. Mmm... wild blueberries and hackberries and raspberries and blackberries...

OR buying them from the store. I ordered my culture online and trusted them, I can identify a number of mushrooms but Shiitake weren't one of 'em. (I think I can do so now though!) If its coming out of the log I'm growing the mycelium in, though, they are probably eatin' shrooms.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66085 on: November 12, 2011, 02:58:12 am »

*sigh*

Fishhead is starting to grow on me.  I think I need to think up a new nickname.
I'm just going to throw this one out there: Squiddles. Alternatively, architeuthis, because you already have a marine life theme going here I figure. Although maybe some sort of octopus would better communicate intelligence or something? At any rate, calamari is pretty great.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66086 on: November 12, 2011, 03:01:54 am »

I'm early awake and it's frosty beautiful outside and all the leaves crack when I step on them and I have unusually fine coffee and I am hungry for once and breakfast will taste good.

Only bad thing about this morning is that I had a nosebleed again. I'm beginning to think I'll have to get that checked out.

Also calamari is both soundgood and tasty. Good name.
Love, scriver~

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66087 on: November 12, 2011, 03:21:48 am »

Hey, anybody know if it's possible for the admin of a board running software such as this to disable that "Last edited by message"? It'd be tremendously helpful with pulling off some narrative bullshit I want to if I ever get around to running this campaign that's rapidly spiraling out of control in my mind, to the point where I'd rather not have entire plotly edifices constructed about the idea if it's not possible. This does belong in this thread, however, because holy shit if it's possible the shenanigans I could pull on the players. "Hang on, I think we've encountered that old man in the corner before. I walk up to him." "What old man? *delete all references in the thread to the old man who very definitely was mentioned*"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66088 on: November 12, 2011, 03:24:43 am »

1. This thread has just become incredibly cute

2. Bauglir, here's how you do it.  Get an invisionfree board, and then make your main DM account, with another account admin-ing.  You'll have an ability to choose whether you leave an "edited by" message when you edit the DM's posts.  Check it out to make sure it still works, but I think you'd be okay.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66089 on: November 12, 2011, 03:25:46 am »

smf is pretty customizable, so I'm sure its possible. Not sure how EASY it is...

Found something that may be related, at least:

"Admin / Current Theme / Show last modification date on modified posts."
Pages: 1 ... 4404 4405 [4406] 4407 4408 ... 13325