Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4393 4394 [4395] 4396 4397 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15743476 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [☢] Things Reimu found in pripyat today thread (CIRNOBYL?!) (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65910 on: November 08, 2011, 11:29:24 pm »

At the end of Jazz Band practice our teacher started talking about doing a cover of a nonjazz song, and he eventually showed This to us. Then our choir teacher walked in and started singing along.

Why again do I want to be a programmer when musicians are this awesome?

Because you want to break what is left of your sanity.
Seriously, once you start dreaming in stacks you know your mind is fucked once and forever. Be a musician, they are soo cool!
Also, what are you doing posting that here rather than the music thread? We need more people who don't just spam metal and/or folk metal.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #65911 on: November 08, 2011, 11:30:48 pm »

At the end of Jazz Band practice our teacher started talking about doing a cover of a nonjazz song, and he eventually showed This to us. Then our choir teacher walked in and started singing along.

Oh dear god, that is so awesome.

And I thought a picture of a cat dressed up as Karkat made my day.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #65912 on: November 08, 2011, 11:35:16 pm »

Because we have robots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9sirG0UEGg&feature=related
Why simply be a musician when you could instead be building musicians? :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:37:53 pm by alway »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65913 on: November 08, 2011, 11:59:10 pm »

Also the difficulty auto-adjuster falls back to the 1-3 range starting from godlike.

I'm pretty sure it just doesn't work very well. I win the majority of my botmatches on Inhuman (losses usually caused by Loque or one of the other stupid bots) and it still drops down to Novice at times.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #65914 on: November 09, 2011, 12:21:36 am »

By the gods. Luca Turilli did a solo album...

That is the most metal thing I have ever seen. Volcanoes and lightning are staples, as are wastelands. In this one, the sky is made of volcanoes. And it's all coming from a robot.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65915 on: November 09, 2011, 12:35:57 am »

So I finish work today and it is pouring rain and fairly cold out, plus my laptop was in my not-at-all-waterproof backpack. And here I brought no coat, umbrella, or any other form of rain deterrent to work! Fortunately, a few minutes with a garbage bag and my keys (to cut a head hole) yielded a super-effective rain poncho.

So my date was pretty fun.
If the thread title were still "Thing that made you happy today", this would be one of them. I mean it still is but I cannot say so by referring to the thread title without doing what I just did.

Finally, that image is still loading for me because my internet is craptacular, but what I've read so far and what's been said in the thread suggests awesome things to come, so preemptive happy there.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65916 on: November 09, 2011, 01:35:37 am »

As much as the 13-20somethings of the web fear many things, our greatest fear is growing up.

Anything to hear that things can turn out fine on the other side, even when you are a fuckup in your 20's, gives us hope.

That hits a little close to home, Duke. :P It was a very good read, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65918 on: November 09, 2011, 02:48:43 am »

I want. I now know what to ask grandma do knit me instead of all those raggsocks she keeps giving me :D
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65919 on: November 09, 2011, 04:07:42 am »

I just realized that whatever my ex-boyfriend may have managed vis-a-vis taking 5 courses a semester for his entire undergraduate career, I am going to take no more than 4.  Ever.  For the rest of my academic career.

This semester has been ridiculously painful, and I think I've pinned it down to that one salient problem (along with issues purchasing textbooks etc. etc.).  Never, never, ever again.  It was fine in high school, but this isn't high school anymore.  This is serious business.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #65920 on: November 09, 2011, 04:30:18 am »

I worked for the second time at Kohl's (don't know if I mentioned before that I got a job; if not, I just did). I feel competent since I finished my area before break today, so now I feel like I can actually do this job.

As much as the 13-20somethings of the web fear many things, our greatest fear is growing up.

Anything to hear that things can turn out fine on the other side, even when you are a fuckup in your 20's, gives us hope.
Lately I've realized that I know next to nothing about what goes on in the lives of the people I call my closest friends because I never bother to ask; I still have romantic feelings for a girl I haven't seen since high school; I've wasted three years of my life attending classes that I have no motivation to pass purely out of social obligation; and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. Still, I'm not going to let the fact that I feel like I'm socially and emotionally like fourteen year old in a twenty-one year old body stop me from trying to act my age.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65921 on: November 09, 2011, 04:37:07 am »

I feel much better about life, the universe, and everything - when I stop giving a shit.

I'm not sure if this is healthy, but it feels good and I'm sticking with it!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65922 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:23 am »

Kael then spends 567,000,000,000 years parking cars for the hell of it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65923 on: November 09, 2011, 08:53:03 am »

So my date was pretty fun.
If the thread title were still "Thing that made you happy today", this would be one of them. I mean it still is but I cannot say so by referring to the thread title without doing what I just did.
Wait? You and Vector?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65924 on: November 09, 2011, 09:02:47 am »

I just realized that whatever my ex-boyfriend may have managed vis-a-vis taking 5 courses a semester for his entire undergraduate career, I am going to take no more than 4.  Ever.  For the rest of my academic career.

Ohhhh shit not this junk again.

I didn't do any meaningful art practice for nearly a decade because of comparisons like this. People younger, more talented and overall cruel towards me for no reason making any feeble attempts at drawing anything pointless. It's a black hole of ineptitude and feeling like crap.

Except unlike me you have talents and can go the distance, so it's not something I want to see you suffer through.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 4393 4394 [4395] 4396 4397 ... 13325