Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15876880 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #6495 on: March 09, 2010, 11:52:34 am »

MY INTERNET! MY DEAR SWEET PRECIOUS INTERNET! IT'S BEING TURNED BACK ON TODAY!  ;D

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: March 09, 2010, 12:03:54 pm »

Yeah.  Games over there have a more... epic feel, somehow.  Each day can last weeks, and you can be guarenteed that, as long as the game is still alive, there will be a consensus on lynching someone before deadline is reached.

Oh, I see.  That's good, I suppose...
Indeed.  It does mean they have a tendancy to take up rather a lot of time, though...

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: March 09, 2010, 12:32:41 pm »

Then I found a huge graphical overhaul for Morrowind that updates it for 2010. I started playing, and it was like a new game... looked better than Oblivion does on my comp, at a fraction of the resource drain. I might actually beat it now, which makes me slightly more happy.
o_o!  Link please? :D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: March 09, 2010, 12:49:18 pm »

Indeed.  It does mean they have a tendancy to take up rather a lot of time, though...

Yeah... dunno, it makes me sad that the subforum seems to be dying what with everyone gone and all, but oh, well.  That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: March 09, 2010, 12:50:21 pm »

But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: March 09, 2010, 12:53:22 pm »

Ooh, and my anxiety problems finally seem to be eating themselves, which is good.  I think they're the last thing that's screwing up my mental health, so if I can make them fall then I'll be in a very good position.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: March 09, 2010, 01:16:16 pm »

Yeah... dunno, it makes me sad that the subforum seems to be dying what with everyone gone and all, but oh, well.  That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

It seems as though Mafia has been quieting down, but then again so have many things lately. It might be partly a product of it being the later part of the semester, plus a crummy Winter in the states, plus the DF players here waiting on the new big release with bated breath, etc. etc. etc. Once spring hits, and Tarn bestows unto the community a new DF, with psychotic surgeons complete with procedurally generated dental records, Polar Bear Cavalry, and venem-spitting gorilla/squid hybrid forgotten beasts rising from the depths, impersonating Goblin gods, and earning their fealty, I have a feeling things are going to get rather lively around here again.

o_o!  Link please? :D

http://morrowind2009.wordpress.com/

I was off by a year... but yeah! High-res textures for objects, sprites, and terrain; distant terrain, animated grasses, and large setting-appropriate folliage ala Oblivion; mountable Guar (with mounted archery enabled); revised head, weapon, and armor models and textures; global bugfixes that incorporate some official material (including tons of voice/greetings) that weren't functioning due to code problems, etc.

Oblivion-style Large Plants: Before // After
Remastered Outdoors
Redone NPC Models

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: March 09, 2010, 03:18:45 pm »

It seems as though Mafia has been quieting down, but then again so have many things lately. It might be partly a product of it being the later part of the semester, plus a crummy Winter in the states, plus the DF players here waiting on the new big release with bated breath, etc. etc. etc. Once spring hits, and Tarn bestows unto the community a new DF, with psychotic surgeons complete with procedurally generated dental records, Polar Bear Cavalry, and venem-spitting gorilla/squid hybrid forgotten beasts rising from the depths, impersonating Goblin gods, and earning their fealty, I have a feeling things are going to get rather lively around here again.
Perhaps.  But if it stays stagnant, I can always go get yelled at by alexhans on irc ;D.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: March 09, 2010, 03:19:46 pm »

Perhaps.  But if it stays stagnant, I can always go get yelled at by alexhans on irc ;D.

Yeah... I guess that in that case, I'd probably better just go study harder ._.  It's a thing to do.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: March 09, 2010, 03:36:20 pm »

Yeah, shouldn't you be studying or something Vector?*
*Typed in a tiny zoomed-out window, on the work computer.

"...and then Solifuge was a hypocrit."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: March 09, 2010, 04:09:09 pm »

Yeah, shouldn't you be studying or something Vector?*
*Typed in a tiny zoomed-out window, on the work computer.

"...and then Solifuge was a hypocrite."

You cannot POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND how much I hate metric differential geometry.  It is seriously UNPOSSIBLE.

I mean, what the HELL is this BULLSHIT with COMPUTATIONS and NOTATION PROOFS THAT REQUIRE NO THOUGHT I JUST I GET SO ANGRY SOMETIMES RAWWWWRRLJSLKDRJKLSDJFLKSDJ.

HATRED.  DEEP AND SOUR HATRED FILLED WITH TERRIBLE LOATHING AND MONSTERS AND DEATH.

... Don't mind me, I'm passionate about mathematics and had no idea I was going to be taking a mildly-applied math class.  I'm a pure math person who would like very much to be spending the day with her abstract algebra textbook, but NO, instead I am stuck here in the engineering library of all places hating metric differential geometry and Gauss's spinning corpse.

But seriously, why must I spend so much time doing things applicable to physics, where all cleverness is reduced to "figuring out what the notation says" and "taking the occasional derivative/cross product?"  Why?  WHYYYYYYY?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: March 09, 2010, 04:16:51 pm »

Vector, have anyone told you you're awesome?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: March 09, 2010, 04:38:51 pm »

Not as cool as Beves.  (the pokemon quarterback).
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: March 09, 2010, 04:41:58 pm »

Vector, have anyone told you you're awesome?

Yes, but it's always nice to hear it again :)

Shhh, let me revel in my moment of being cool before I remember I'm a math nerd posting on a forum for an ASCII game in the engineering library because I don't like geometry.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: March 09, 2010, 04:50:48 pm »

Shhh, let me revel in my moment of being cool before I remember I'm a math nerd posting on a forum for an ASCII game in the engineering library because I don't like geometry.

Verily, I LOLed.

...we are all that Nerd.

Things that made me happy today:
Watching someone go rather apeshit about some math-shaped thing I can't even recognize. It's entertaining, in that sort of "watch as they slowly descend into madness over something trivial" kind of way. Huzzah for Schadenfreude!

Things that made me unhappy today:
Someone dissed mah physics, and by proxy Steven Hawking, Carl Sagan, Albert Einstein, Issaic Newton (he was a Physicist too <.<), and all the other ghosts of Physics past, present, and future. May they have mercy on your mortal quarks.

On a tangentially related note, busy work has always bothered me. Some people "learn" by reasonless repetition, but then that's only memorizing (and not necessarily integrating) the information. Without critical, theoretical thinking, you've lost sight of the purpose of scientific tools like math, and of reason itself. What then are we, but parrots? Monkeys who mimic the clever inventions of another in our motions, but without the fundamental essence of the thing?

Not that I dislike Parrots or Monkeys. They're still pretty smart.

End Quasi-Rant
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 13326