Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4308 4309 [4310] 4311 4312 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771824 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: [~~~] Things tildes made you do today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64635 on: October 20, 2011, 10:19:14 am »

EDIT: Blah, le wrong thread.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:37:01 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64636 on: October 20, 2011, 10:25:12 am »

Damn, you guys make me want to play vidyagames again D:  Especially 6.  I loved the battle-directing in that, though I have to say, it didn't work nearly as well in 7.  Well, okay, 8 too... and maybe 9... and 7...

>_________________________<

And maybe Metal Gear Otacon!  When I'm home to stream again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64637 on: October 20, 2011, 11:16:11 am »

Heh...Final Fantasy.

The first FF game I played was FFTA. Well...

The first actual FF game I played was IV, in Japanese on my Wonderswan. Couldn't understand a word of it and eventually got lost and gave up.

So I guess the actual first FF game I actually really played was VII, a couple years ago. Ended up giving up shortly after reaching the world map mostly because it was just too ugly and slow-moving. I guess you kinda had to be there when it was new...

Maybe I should grab one of the DS remakes or something and try to finally give the series a fair chance.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64638 on: October 20, 2011, 11:46:57 am »

This thread currently brings me tears of manliness.

I actually liked FF7, as it was the first one I ever played.
Then I got curious of the franchise and one thing lead to another..
..so to sum up my favorites..
(Tough I am not going to include the Online games. Yes I like them but they are not going to be art of this.)

FF 1, 4 & 5 are ok, they do bring some nostalgia but they do not catch my interest for very long..
..Tough I must say FF5 has an interesting class job system I like.

FF6 If my all time favorite, too bad I never got around to actually beat it..  :(
Has my favorite FF villain as well, noone can match this crazy son of a submariner and his mad laughter.

FF7 is not exactly my numer 1, but I still revere it with nostalgic memories..
Sure they butchered the whole thing with Crisis Core..
Screw that one.. FF7 as it was back in it's heyday is good enough in my book.
Sephiroth IS a decent villain in my opinion, it's just all the fanboys that made him look bad.
Yes I KNOW he has freudian issues, but without his mother complex he would not have much of a motive would he?

FF8.. well.. let's just say it was a bit of a let down, it was ok but not as good as FF7 was.
Tough I liked the card minigame thing it had.

FF9 Is one of my favorites. It had all the medievalish fantasy setting of the older ones.
I liked that card minigame, a bit different from FF8's but it was fun.
Altough they could have done Kuja a bit.. differently.. that thong..  D: MY EYES! D:

FF10 & FF10-2 While not exactly as good as some of the others, I still think they are good, not the best but good.
Also.. Blitzball (from FF10) FTW!

FF12
Quite a decent game, I like it's class/job system. Quite an entertaining game. Not much tro say here..

FF13 It's ok but.. It kinda bores me more than most.. Tough it has an interesting story.. But it severely lacks that freedom of exploration the other FF games had.

So this all pretty much sums up the FF games I like and disslike.
And if you are going to berathe me of my choices.. I will call you a spoony bard!

edit: a hole lot of typos to fix
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:51:09 am by Ultimuh »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64639 on: October 20, 2011, 11:48:17 am »

Tetra Master is a lot more fun than Triple Triad IMO, and the music is so addicti
* The Merchant Of Menace cancels post, interrupted by Tetra Master.
*Hugs*

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64640 on: October 20, 2011, 12:04:01 pm »

Blitzball was actually rather fun; I had a killer team with a majority of them still original team players. Tidus (And the Jecht Shot) and Brother (Squishy at lvl.1, harbringer of death post-lvl.10) were my gamebreakers though. Sphere Break in X-2 was an interesting little game too.

If anything, the side-quests made it for me in the post-7 games more than the story in them. I mean, Blitzball/Sphere Break and the monster arenas were the primary reasons I loved FFX(-2), outside of the beautiful environments. But then that was replaced with FFXII's monster hunting quests (and all the detailed backgrounds of unlocking creature encyclopedias (kill enough of them to learn more about them, and feel guilty later when you learn about their tragic (or happy living, until you hunt them for their parts) background, and what their parts are good for making (making you feel worse about those ethers/potions/(mega)elixers you keep gobbling away, or some kickass weapon/armor you let get torn asunder by a big game you're hunting. Really cool nonetheless what you can learn of the FF-verse through this game's encyclopedia.))) and the fact you can actually rotate the camera and be even more immersed in the environments and everything being even more to-scale in that game. Makes you appreciate the FF6 Atma Weapons battles more when you envision it more like the battles against Tiamat, Hell Wyrm, or Yazmat. ...Yeah.

I don't care about anyone's perspective of XII; that game had it's own unique charm. I mean, Ivalice is among the most well-developed worlds Square has made (Tactics games, vagrant Story, XII). If anything, I wouldn't mind another FF or similar game with Ivalice being used again, if it means either further into the past (XII) or future (Tactics), or even a different part of the world. From the looks of the maps between games, this is only one part of the same world.

Plus, thanks to XII, linked with FFT, I would actually like to live in Ivalice (mostly as a Sky Pirate/adventurer with a kickass looking airship though). It just defines fun; and in a sense, would actually make an interesting DF world/mod to play in as well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:16:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64641 on: October 20, 2011, 02:32:26 pm »

Why is this actually a thing.

But huzzah to Canada anyway, eh? :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64642 on: October 20, 2011, 04:19:04 pm »

Methinks the difficult-to-place difference is that after 6, the games got a whole lot more abstract in their stories. The closest FF6 ever came to that was Cyan's dream, which was a minor sidequest - in later games, the characters' internal struggles made external became a lot more central, or at least this is my impression.

I can see this... I think the bigger issue for me is they just made everything so much more controlled, beginning with FF7.  They started forcing every character to be restricted to a certain type of equipment, which in turn forced progression to be more linear.  They started putting the story presentation on stricter rails.  Everything just started feeling dumbed down to me.  This coupled with settings that made much less sense.  FF1/4 were generic fantasy, but at least consistent.  FF6 just had an amazing setting.  FF7's setting felt like a jumbled mess to me, and the rpg system left me feeling like I had almost no input.  Then after FF7, they started getting progressively better again -- with settings that made more sense and making rpg progression a little less linear.

I actually really liked FF10.  It's my 2nd favorite, mainly for the plot themes and the incredible production quality.  I haven't played any past that.  It's difficult to get into a JRPG with kids.  They're kind of like watching a movie to me.  I want to play through them in large chunks without getting interrupted.  Most of the ones I've played through were in the summer or on a weekend, when I could plow straight through in 2-3 days.  Makes me sad.  My younger one is turning 3 soon, so he should be calming down in a little over a year.  After that, I want to have a jrpg marathon with the backlog of major jrpgs that I've missed (Xenosaga 2-3 and FF12-13 mainly).
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64643 on: October 20, 2011, 04:49:26 pm »

I jumped on an old skateboard and wobbled around while there was a small earthquake. SURFING THE EARTH! Its epicenter was right under Vector 25 miles away, like a block south of her campus, so I  hope it wasn't too bad.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/nc71667366.html
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:54:08 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64644 on: October 20, 2011, 04:57:02 pm »

What time (PST)? If it was at like 11 AM then I think that was what we were ducking and covering for.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64645 on: October 20, 2011, 05:02:46 pm »

Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 02:41:04 PM at epicenter

Friends in Berkeley announcing over facebook that they thought a truck hit their building until they remembered they lived in CA :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:05:19 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64646 on: October 20, 2011, 05:06:19 pm »

Yeeeeah I probably should have clicked the link. So that wasn't it, and it was all just a drill. Okay.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64647 on: October 20, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »

Meatloaf is like, om nom nom

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64648 on: October 20, 2011, 05:22:34 pm »

I heard Final Fantasy?

6 an 5 ex equo or what you write there, are the ones I totally love. 6 for Kefka and steampunk, 5 for jobs system and floating ruins stuff, and the planet-merge.

Then, surprise... FF3 on the second stand. FF4 on the third. FF10 just behnd hte podium, and I don't really like any other Final Fantasy.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64649 on: October 20, 2011, 05:23:37 pm »

Meatloaf is like, om nom nom
"I would do anything for love... OH GOD, HE'S GNAWING ON MY LEG!"[/cheap joke]
Pages: 1 ... 4308 4309 [4310] 4311 4312 ... 13325