Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4294 4295 [4296] 4297 4298 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779986 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: [~~~] Things tildes made you do today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64425 on: October 16, 2011, 04:19:48 pm »

I normally lack the motivation to eat well. I'm lazy as hell. I could easily have bought the ingredients for and cooked tonight's meal, but have never bothered to. And yes, home si the family home. This is just where I live.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64426 on: October 16, 2011, 04:49:46 pm »

So our house sits on a rectangular acre of land, with a large U shaped driveway. This means there's a sort of... village green sized field of grass in front of our house in the middle of that driveway.

There's someone with whom I have an awkward, long standing quarrel of sorts. That I've been completely unable to mend. Trouble is they insisted that all their friends have nothing to do with me. Which was all my friends, and I'm not good at making new ones... at least ones I like.

They're an incredibly stubborn person, who is also extremely intelligent and has a lot of my respect. But they've effectively placed me in purgatory, and it hasn't been good to me.
A few years ago, my brother insisted on getting a pair of paintball guns and masks so he could play paintball, he naturally lost interest after a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure they still work, so I was thinking, maybe I should challenge this person to an honour duel. I have the field, I have the guns. Maybe something good will come of it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64427 on: October 16, 2011, 04:53:08 pm »

I think you need to find new friends that won't all follow the orders of one person.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64428 on: October 16, 2011, 04:57:09 pm »

Just watched that video of Buzz Aldrin clocking a dude.  Again, for like the hundredth time.  Rock on, moonman.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64429 on: October 16, 2011, 05:00:39 pm »

I normally lack the motivation to eat well. I'm lazy as hell. I could easily have bought the ingredients for and cooked tonight's meal, but have never bothered to. And yes, home si the family home. This is just where I live.
Meh I rarely need more than 20 minutes total to make myself a good diner and often less. Though I like cooking, so that may help too. Have some deep-frozen vegetables for stir-frying around in case you don't feel like cutting your own vegetables, it'll make things easier.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64430 on: October 16, 2011, 05:27:36 pm »

Spoiler: Cracked me up (click to show/hide)

Also:

Spoiler: Cool as polar ice (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64431 on: October 16, 2011, 05:48:37 pm »

... I just sat down, opened a German novel, and understood the first two pages with very little recourse to the dictionary.

Of course, it is named "Dick und Dalli und die Ponys," but I think this is pretty good for someone who has only been studying for some four or five months.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64432 on: October 16, 2011, 05:56:27 pm »

In case someone here could use a laugh, you may find this amusing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64433 on: October 16, 2011, 06:12:24 pm »

I have coffee and cinnamon and vanilla and honey. My mornings have just gotten so much better. Later tonight, I will try to replicate that curry spaghetti that Vector linked.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #64434 on: October 16, 2011, 06:16:42 pm »

Streaming music from here is so awesome. I am so fucking glad this exists.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64435 on: October 16, 2011, 06:29:08 pm »

Decided to take another crack at doing 3D art, and picked up Blender. Not the easiest program to learn, but I got around a few tasks, and managed to make something in it. It's not complete, but I gotta say, for a first real project (no other purpose than to sketch in 3D), it looks pretty cool so far. Had some fun making it.

Simply put, it was a more recent old creation/sketch in one of my old sketchbooks (easily about 2 years old). Not as fancy in design, but close enough for now. That is, until I can afford official classes in 3D art/animation. I already got the pre-requisites, I just need to afford the class.

Rest of the details in the Little Creations thread.

EDIT:
Might as well include the images.

Not bad considering I have yet to take any proper 3D art classes. This based on a few simple tutorials experience.

EDIT EDIT:
In other interesting news, an old employer of one of my past jobs might consider hiring me to do some design work for them. That ought to be fun.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:22:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64436 on: October 16, 2011, 09:23:34 pm »

Spaghetti curry is best curry and best spaghetti. I don't think I've made a better of either, and it even had that perfect level of spiciness where your forehead starts to sweat just a little. Delicious.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64437 on: October 16, 2011, 09:43:14 pm »

Yee :D

Mine was more sweet-side, with savory and nutty undertones more than serious spice (I don't have any jalapenos, and I provided chopped nuts for everyone to put on top of their food).  I have to say, though, my roommates did absolutely love it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64438 on: October 16, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »

That sounds great. I ended up adding sriracha, which I now consider an indispensable condiment. That chopped nuts idea sounds great, too. I bet it'd add a similar texture to the TVP I put in it, and a much more interesting flavor. *makes a note*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64439 on: October 16, 2011, 09:51:13 pm »

Hmm, yeah.  I don't use TVP, but this did a good job of resonating with the coconut milk and mushrooms that I already had in there.

Mm :9

Now I'm in my room with the remainder of the pot of tea I made.  That's pretty nice.

Pages: 1 ... 4294 4295 [4296] 4297 4298 ... 13325