Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4158 4159 [4160] 4161 4162 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772894 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #62385 on: September 20, 2011, 01:58:27 pm »

For those curious about the club, I will be setting up a meeting with administration tomorrow.

The meeting's been fixed.

Please wish me luck; I'm terrified.

I would wish you luck, but with your skill modifier I feel like it'd just be unbalancing and... wait, no, this is reality. Our random number generator is an infinite bell curve, luck is never useless. Good luck, Vector!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62386 on: September 20, 2011, 02:39:34 pm »

You know, I've been meaning to come up with a list of Vector facts. I'd probably get started if I wasn't feeling so ick.
Vector's a pretty cool girl. She philosophizes and doesn't afraid of anymath.

Vector's is the chalk that will pierce the heavens.
So we'll start with these then.

When google has a question, it asks Vector.

Vector once had a genie in a lamp, but she gave it away, why? Because it wouldn't stop asking her questions.

A mafia boss tells his right hand man to go gather up all the protection money owed by their "clients". He gets $10,000 in a briefcase, and comes back to the boss. When he comes back the boss is talking with Vector, he says, "Ah, just in time, give the lady the money." Vector thanks him and walks out.
Later he asks the boss "Why did you give her all the money?"
He responds, "She made an offer I couldn't refute."

Vector can call lightning to strike down from above by invoking the word "SOHCAHTOA!", the lightning solves any equations it hits and can transform Vector into a superhero who fights evil with the power of quadratic equations.

For those curious about the club, I will be setting up a meeting with administration tomorrow.

The meeting's been fixed.

Please wish me luck; I'm terrified.
Good luck!

... actually I seem to be missing something here, what club?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62387 on: September 20, 2011, 02:47:46 pm »

That "Aspergers-club" I think.

I put the quotes there because... uh, I suck at explaining this. Somebody else please do it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62388 on: September 20, 2011, 02:54:50 pm »

I put the quotes there because... uh, I suck at explaining this. Somebody else please do it.

Autism club. It reflects badly upon every person with autism at best, and encourages cruel motives towards non-autistics, victimitis, etc.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62389 on: September 20, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »

Now that I have 4GB of RAM and a nice CPU there is only one thing left to do after my gaming binge.

Install Damn Small Linux inside Puppy Linux inside Ubuntu inside Windows 7.

OSception.

I want to do that, but it'd be hard. I have 12 gigs of ram, and an i7 processor.

I don't even have 8GB and I'm doing it!

I may only get as far as Puppy.

It's like a turducken, but not as tasty, festive or health destroying.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62390 on: September 20, 2011, 03:51:29 pm »

I got contacts today. They are far superior to glasses in most every way, and I love them.

I was completely giddy and nonsensical for almost an hour.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62391 on: September 20, 2011, 03:56:52 pm »

Autism club. It reflects badly upon every person with autism at best, and encourages cruel motives towards non-autistics, victimitis, etc.
Ermm, yeah. This....
I don't understand, why is Vector trying to set this up? It sounds like a horrible idea.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62392 on: September 20, 2011, 04:07:42 pm »

I think she's trying to destroy it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62393 on: September 20, 2011, 04:08:07 pm »

She's trying to set up a meeting to get rid of it. Or something.

Niiinjaaa.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62394 on: September 20, 2011, 04:17:36 pm »

My brother had to choose a disorder for a research assignment today.  Next thing I know there's asperger books everywhere.  He chose aspergers for some reason...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62395 on: September 20, 2011, 04:24:28 pm »

She's trying to set up a meeting to get rid of it. Or something.

Niiinjaaa.
Oh, ok. Confusion emergency over. Bro-on bros.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62396 on: September 20, 2011, 04:38:52 pm »

1. Uh, wow

2. Yes

3. Completed entire set theory exam early (probably correctly, too!  This was another class where you can skip an entire problem and get an A, because the last one is so "students who would get an A can have some fun while they're taking the exam")

a. Third in the class (this is really quite good, given the competition)
b. Before any of my extremely competent friends
c. With enough witty scrawling on the first page that the professor was still looking at it with a slightly glazed expression after I packed up my stuff and walked out the door
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #62397 on: September 20, 2011, 05:12:13 pm »

http://www.barackobama.com/dadt-repealed?source=20110920_FB_BO_1

And, yet I'm sad because a friend is reenlisting after being dishonorably discharged through DADT. I'm utterly incapable of comprehending why he wants this at all. They rode us out on a rail and you're going BACK to them...?

I'm happy the policy changed; but I want him safe and home.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #62398 on: September 20, 2011, 05:33:50 pm »

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first one tells the bartender he wants a beer. The second one says he wants half a beer. The third one says he wants a fourth of a beer. The bartender puts two beers on the bar and says “You guys need to learn your limits.”

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #62399 on: September 20, 2011, 05:37:32 pm »

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first one tells the bartender he wants a beer. The second one says he wants half a beer. The third one says he wants a fourth of a beer. The bartender puts two beers on the bar and says “You guys need to learn your limits.”
But it won't work that way. Matter isn't infinitely divisible, so it breaks down at about the level where it makes the transition from a mixture of molecules to single molecules (pure alcohol, as a 1 alcohol molecule drink would give you, really can't be called beer; nor could an individual water molecule).

Unless of course it's homeopathic beer, in which case its effects on its drinkers get progressively stronger even without any molecules at all.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:39:47 pm by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 4158 4159 [4160] 4161 4162 ... 13325