Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4154 4155 [4156] 4157 4158 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768109 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #62325 on: September 19, 2011, 02:45:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
INTERNET!
I'm a black belt in the art of quadratics!  My polynomial kicks will blow you into the next quadrant!

...I got nothin
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Hit them in the semicolons!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62326 on: September 19, 2011, 03:05:28 pm »

Doing this math, while mandatory (homework), is rather enjoyable. Pirate metal also helps, and is highly appropriate today. (See ITLAP thread - Alestorm)

My physics just got a bit ridiculous. I'm using the quadratic formula to get the time taken to pass a truck. I hope I'm not making it overcomplicated. :P

Time equals negative initial velocity plus, not minus, the square root of initial velocity squared minus four times acceleration over two times negative x all divided by two times acceleration over two.

Later I'll be reading The Scarlet Letter. I hope I can start enjoying it soon. I also figured out the mystery as soon as the characters were introduced; it's rather simple, if you consider it all.

EDIT: Wait... Somehow it seems unlikely that it will take 1.5 seconds to...
     fffffffffffffff I forgot to factor in the truck's speed. Might as well redo the problem. 'Relative velocity is a bitch'? :)
EDIT2: Yay, no quadratics in the new equation!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:21:02 pm by Lectorog »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62327 on: September 19, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »

Finally had some serious rain for the first time since May.  Huge gullywasher of a storm, but it's just rain right?  Having no reason to suspect a problem, I've been going about my day until I went into the back yard.

A full grown, living oak branch fell on my powerline, smashing through a fence and stringing the whole thing through another tree.  The meter box is hanging from the side of the house by the main wire, and somehow the lights didn't even flicker.  Holy sheep shit, where's the utility guy...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62328 on: September 19, 2011, 03:23:43 pm »

I was worried about getting headaches from the sun after getting my eyes dilated.

Then I remembered for the umpteenth time that, beyond all expectations, I was born completely immune to headaches.

I don't even know what a headache feels like. That is the closest thing to a superpower I will ever have.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62329 on: September 19, 2011, 03:25:03 pm »

I feel I am highly immune as well.  My head must be too big.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62330 on: September 19, 2011, 03:44:16 pm »

Warlocks, both of you. Unholy magicks are the only explanation.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62331 on: September 19, 2011, 03:44:59 pm »

I felt like a god of class C subnetting in class today; then class B comes along and punches me in the nuts,but I'm feeling better about it now
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62332 on: September 19, 2011, 03:47:00 pm »

I felt like a god of class C subnetting in class today; then class B comes along and punches me in the nuts,but I'm feeling better about it now
This is me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62333 on: September 19, 2011, 03:54:16 pm »

This is me.
It's you and me, Ak. You and me against the teeming, vast, unsubnetted horde...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62334 on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:18 pm »

This is me.
It's you and me, Ak. You and me against the teeming, vast, unsubnetted horde...

If I sigged things I would sig this.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62335 on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

I head to class tired as a zombie with my vision blurred and my legs wobbling like I'm stepping on jell-o. I dreaded facing this class, the words of the professor warning against falling behind because it'll screw me over for the rest of the semester ringing true.

But when I got to class I was alert. KABLAM I got the example correct. KAFLAM I solved the problems before the rest of the class. HOOYA the one thing that was weakening me was explained on the board for no reason. YATATATA somebody is asking me for assistance on the work presented. I got this guys.

Now I just need to buy the textbook  :P
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62336 on: September 19, 2011, 04:36:11 pm »

But when I got to class I was alert. KABLAM I got the example correct. KAFLAM I solved the problems before the rest of the class. HOOYA the one thing that was weakening me was explained on the board for no reason. YATATATA somebody is asking me for assistance on the work presented. I got this guys.

Now I just need to buy the textbook  :P

You have learned the secrets well Grasshopper.  You are ready to proceed.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62337 on: September 19, 2011, 06:19:56 pm »

I head to class tired as a zombie with my vision blurred and my legs wobbling like I'm stepping on jell-o. I dreaded facing this class, the words of the professor warning against falling behind because it'll screw me over for the rest of the semester ringing true.

This is...every morning for me. I do bad waking up in the morning, but the walk to school manages to wake me up.

Anyways, Cave Story Wii is being ported to the PC. If they charge under $8 I shall buy it. Otherwise, what's the point? Pretty much everything in the new version is doable with mods already made on the original freeware game, except for the new art.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #62338 on: September 19, 2011, 06:30:51 pm »

Mr.Norris has gifted me with a new avatar :3

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #62339 on: September 19, 2011, 06:32:55 pm »

A retail PC port of a retail Wii port of a free PC game.

ok

Also, Empire Total War is awesome, I don't know what all the fuss is about.  Maybe it's just because I'm playing it now, when all the bugs have been ironed out.  I love how the economic buildings are all outside the cities now, so there are actually battles outside of sieges.  Sieges are still kind of weird though.  Actually assaulting a fortified city is such a mess I usually just wait until they surrender or sally forth.  If they surrender yay, if they sally forth they'll lose.  Case in point:  Enemy sallied forth in Quebec.  Deployment starts and I see that I'm in the corner of the map at the bottom of a mountain.  The enemy is on top of the mountain.  The only way up or down is a single natural "ramp."  Awesome defensibility, an invasion would've been a nightmare.  Too bad they didn't force me to attack, and instead sallied forth.  Have fun walking into a three-way crossfire.

That was a really one-sided battle.  I pretty much just sat there and watched my guys shoot Frenchmen for fifteen minutes.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:36:03 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 4154 4155 [4156] 4157 4158 ... 13325