Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15884898 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #6225 on: March 02, 2010, 07:19:41 pm »

I've looked up how to get your bios from your PS2.

Then I downloaded a PS2 bio from the web.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #6226 on: March 02, 2010, 07:25:33 pm »

I tried to use a PS2 emulator, but I found that it would be more practical to just go down to Game Stop and buy the game for $5.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: March 02, 2010, 07:25:54 pm »

Alright, admittedly I have no idea.

Hey, you know that new Vegemite can go for $20 on eBay if it's in its (now discontinued) iSnack jar? True story. And did you also know it's being sold in the iSnack jar at my local supermarket for $4?

Yeah.

Profit.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: March 02, 2010, 07:29:04 pm »

Buy them out, and sell them this time next year.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: March 02, 2010, 08:16:43 pm »

Internet is back. :)
Our neighbor's cable wire broke and it had to be fixed, but the person who fixed it changed their network, so we had no internet for a few days. :\ Hero.txt will be updated tomorrow... or later.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: March 02, 2010, 08:17:40 pm »

CANT STOP BELIEVING LAUGHING

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: March 02, 2010, 08:44:25 pm »

I'm happy I have another of my videogame ideas in the works, but I'm writing it in Abiword at the moment and carrying it around on my flashdrive, only taking time to work on it when it's convenient, as I don't have the long spans of hours upon hours to gradually work on stuff like I normally do at home.

Expect to see it in Creative Projects within the next day or so. Anyone wanna bet on what it is?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: March 02, 2010, 08:45:49 pm »

Ace Attorney.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: March 02, 2010, 08:47:54 pm »

I would not think up a derivative to a game I've never played.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: March 02, 2010, 08:48:58 pm »

How the Hell do you keep writing those things anyway Josh?  I can't be bothered to so much as sketch out a list of ideas, let alone write your 3000 word essays at whim.

The lyrical genius of Doc Henry returns...

I want some of what this guy's smoking.  Professors score the best shit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: March 02, 2010, 08:58:03 pm »

I just find it oddly easy to write about videogames, whereas with things like stories or whathaveyou, I freeze up and can't think of what to do.

You should see the game ideas I've decided to NOT write about, all of which are patently ridiculous.

One example:

Jampire!: A horrible Disc Jockeying accident renders a local musical star into a freak of nature, the JAMPIRE! Fearing the sunlight, partying in the moonlight, he uses his music-based vampire powers to fight crime.

I seriously thought about writing about that one. It would have used the Guitar Hero toy instrument for everything in the game.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: March 02, 2010, 08:59:38 pm »

That actually sounds kinda fun.

When writing stories, I always freeze up not because I lack ideas or the will to write them, but because my teachers are such fans of peer editing. I convinced my teacher last year to let me solo just one paper, and let her see how good it was. Best story I ever wrote, hands down. I love to just have someone say a word and let me research and write about it, because once I start to research, all the intricacies and unique-y-ness comes out and I can really get into it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 09:02:14 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: March 02, 2010, 09:06:23 pm »

Jampire!: A horrible Disc Jockeying accident renders a local musical star into a freak of nature, the JAMPIRE! Fearing the sunlight, partying in the moonlight, he uses his music-based vampire powers to fight crime.

You know, for what it is, that's surprisingly awesome.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: March 02, 2010, 09:32:12 pm »

I would play "Jampire!".  Reminds me of Jet Set Radio, and that's great.

I keep finding new things to love in this biology textbook.  I'll spare you all the other song to the tune of "The Brady Bunch", but it's full of dry little quips and commentary, none of which are particularly clever but which strike me as hilariously inapropos in a science text.  Like-

Apocrine sweat glands liberate their products by cleaving off the apex of the cell’s cytoplasm. This kind of sweat is responsible for body odor, and is called nervous sweat. Surprisingly this is how mammary glands produce milk. It’s also surprising how much fuss is made over certain types of modified sweat glands

I don't know why I find it funny to stumble across a line like that, but I enjoy it all the same.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: March 02, 2010, 09:34:42 pm »

Today has been a Very Good Day so far.  I studied for 9 hours without really noticing or feeling tired, have been making progress in my work on category theory and abstract algebra, and found out that I don't have any homework this week for my most difficult class.  Additionally, I found a more elegant solution to a problem than Professor Poland did in class, and he bowed to me and went on for a minute and a half or so about what a good solution it was.

I also woke up this morning feeling refreshed and secure after a couple of rough days, and found out that someone here thinks of me as a friend (though apparently everyone knows me as "that crazy girl with the hair and the ribbon" and is shocked to see the person in question walking around with me sometimes, which is kind of odd).

Good day.  Very good day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 13326