Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4134 4135 [4136] 4137 4138 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753879 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #62025 on: September 14, 2011, 09:09:44 pm »

The worst part is that you get to the point where you have seen them for a few weeks so it is almost impossible to ask what their name is without sounding super weird.

There are people at my job I have known for three years, and I just call them "man".  We exchanged names the first day, and I've never heard anyone else say their name again, since that's the #1 strategy for catching up.  I know there's a few who have the same problem, because they just call me "boss" or whatever.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #62026 on: September 14, 2011, 09:21:09 pm »

I finally got around to reading Watchmen today, I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. Its just so fucking awesome!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #62027 on: September 14, 2011, 09:35:31 pm »

I now have a bank account. On top of that, there's a thing that's something like putting my name onto my parents' credit card as well, so that when I turn 18 I have credit. The best thing about that is that my parents pay off the entire debt every month, so their credit is good, so mine will also.

Plus, good scores on my Calculus tests, and reading Godel, Escher, Bach.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62028 on: September 14, 2011, 09:47:56 pm »

Watched Hachi. It was really good :o certainly better than I expected. And now I have to deal with someone that likes me, for some inexplicable reason :I

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62029 on: September 14, 2011, 10:04:29 pm »

Sauerkraut, I love you. You are the best condiment, and a tasty snack even alone.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62030 on: September 14, 2011, 10:14:56 pm »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62032 on: September 14, 2011, 10:58:39 pm »

Yes I finally beat it without losing the initial bouncy thingy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62033 on: September 14, 2011, 11:00:49 pm »

Truean, that is awesome.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62034 on: September 14, 2011, 11:17:03 pm »

BEHOLD, THE MIRACLES.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is awesome.

I got some good coding in today. Now I know how to make C++ do stuff! Well, some things. Like, two things.

I also like that Eastwood quote. It sums up my personal views perfectly, if a bit... colorfully? :)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62035 on: September 14, 2011, 11:27:25 pm »

Had a ridiculous time actually playing video games with DFC guys today instead of just working, then had a good workout. I also... got volunteered to pick my ex up from the airport next weekend? The one I haven't seen in three years.

My friends are fantastic, obviously, as they give me some bullshit excuse about not having enough gas money for it. I'm laughing about it. I see what they're doing.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62036 on: September 14, 2011, 11:51:40 pm »

I managed to get all of the knots out of my hair. Yay~
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62037 on: September 14, 2011, 11:56:15 pm »

BEHOLD, THE MIRACLES.

SO MANY COLORS!

Er... is that supposed to happen?
I'm willing to bet some pixels cutting through the entire thing was a glitch (see the weird lines being made in it?) that the creator decided to keep because it's awesome.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62038 on: September 15, 2011, 12:43:07 am »

Yeah, it's great for a chain reaction. It might even be intentional since it almost never seems to happen until things actually get going. The more pixels you have going, the more spectacular the cutting will be.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #62039 on: September 15, 2011, 01:03:17 am »

Damn.  Alexis Bledel's eyes are the kind you write songs about.
Pages: 1 ... 4134 4135 [4136] 4137 4138 ... 13325